Chapter 02. Party Time

Year of the Zodiac: Story of the Rat

 

Yesung was very unhappy with what transpired at the meeting. And he knew exactly how to feel better.

That was playing a prank on someone. Or planning it at least. It needed to be epic, it had to beat all the pranks he ever did before.

“Yesung hyung!” Zelo’s voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Zelo, what are you doing here? Are you going to help plan a prank?” Yesung asked.

“No, I have to take you somewhere. Dongwook hyung says that you should visit him tonight.” Zelo lied.

“Really? But I just saw him.” Yesung frowned slightly.

“I know, but Dongwook hyung is throwing a party for his friend. And he wants us to go.” Zelo explained.

Yesung sighed, “Only if you help plan my next prank and then I will go with you.” Yesung bargained.

“Understood, I will.” Zelo said, happy he was successful, guilty that he lied slightly.

Dongwook was throwing a party but he was only throwing it for their counterparts, as in the female Rats of the group.

Yesung didn’t interact with them often so Dongwook was going to see if they would be Yesung’s mate. It was easier for someone that knew their way of life to be his mate instead of someone that was not part of their world.

“Dongwook wants us to wear nice clothes, so we should change.” Zelo told him.

Yesung sighed, “This party is just getting worse and worse. Why can’t I just wear my t-shirt? Dongwook always wants me in dress shirts, because it makes me look more like a ‘leader.’ But they’re so uncomfortable.” Yesung whined.

“I know, hyung. But this is just one party, after this we don’t have to worry.” Zelo assured him.

“Fine. Just make sure that Dongwook doesn’t play matchmaker. I know that he’s dying to.” Yesung narrowed his eyes at the maknae of their Sect.

Zelo gulped, “I will try but I’m not sure what Dongwook hyung is planning for tonight.” He replied.

“Let’s go then.” Yesung grabbed a red dress shirt and buttoned it over and got some Dickies on before leaving the house, mussing his hair slightly.

The two arrived at the house of Choi Dongwook and noticed that the house party was going slightly crazy.

“I regret this already.” Yesung said as he looked at all the red cups already littering the yard.

“Don’t be like that, hyung. We need to support Dongwook hyung.” Zelo said.

“One time only. If anything else like this happens, never ask me to come ever again.” Yesung warned and Zelo nodded.

The two entered and Dongwook greeted them, giving them a drink in each hand, “Welcome you two!! Have a drink!”

Yesung and Zelo looked at the cups cautiously before they took a sip. The harsh liquid burned as it slid down their throats. Liquor. Dongwook had given them liquor.

Yesung drank some more, wanting to feel more of that burn. Zelo noticed and wanted to hit Dongwook, he dumped his cup and threw it away, knowing that he would have to watch Yesung tonight.

Giving the Rat liquor wasn’t a good idea, his destructive self was bound to come out soon.

“Yesung! I have two people that I want you to meet! Park Bom and Sandara Park, where you at?” He shouted and a redhead and brunette was at his side immediately.

“Right here, Dongwook.” They said with a smile.

“Here is the guest of honor, Kim Yesung.” He introduced the two girls to him.

“Hello there.” They greeted as they sat him down on the couch to talk to him. Zelo immediately approached Dongwook.

“You know how Yesung hyung gets with alcohol.” He hissed.

Dongwook dismissed his concerns, “Don’t stress, I just want him a little relaxed.” He said taking another red cup.

“I know what relaxed looks like. But if your girls keep pumping him with alcohol, then your house can be destroyed in two hours.” Zelo growled.

“What are you talking about? They aren’t--” Zelo pointed at the girls giving Yesung cups over and over again.

“Damn it.” Dongwook cursed, he got up on the pedestal and grabbed a mega horn.

“Everyone! Hi there! I know it’s still early but I’m going to need all of you to leave! Now.” Dongwook said with a glare and immediately, everyone jumped up to exit the house. He was a nice guy but when Dongwook was angry, he could be ruthless.

“Even us, Dongwook?” Park Bom and Sandara asked cutely.

“Yes, especially you two.” Dongwook answered and soon, the messy house was only left with Yesung, Zelo and himself.

“We need to get some food and water in him, anything to get him calm.” Zelo said.

“I only have Hot Pockets.” Dongwook said.

“That’s good enough, heat up two.” Zelo instructed as he picked up Yesung, putting his arm on his shoulders.

“Zelo...” Yesung groaned, “My head is sore.” He grumbled.

“I know. I know, hyung. Just come on, let’s get some food.” Zelo tried to persuade him.

Yesung shook his head and knocked a vase down, kicking up all the cups on the floor, “No. I don’t want food.” Yesung said, moving to destroy the other vase and slammed plates on the floor.

“Aish. He’s already started!” Zelo yelled at Dongwook.

The two of them just sighed as they waited for Yesung to get everything out of his system or collapse from exhaustion.

He grabbed more vases, he threw books off the shelves, he ripped the feather pillows and knocked over a lamp. Finally, he fell to the ground and Zelo went over to catch him.

He carried Yesung to the table where Dongwook had set down the Hot Pockets. Dongwook assessed his damages, “That was my favorite lamp.” He frowned.

“It’s your fault that you gave Yesung hyung alcohol.” Zelo replied.

“Zelo... I don’t believe this...” Yesung grumbled as he took a bite of the food.

“Believe what?” Zelo asked.

Yesung pounded his fists on the table, making the two jump.

“Seonwoong! HOW CAN HE SAY THAT?!”


Author's Note:
Here is chapter 2 :) I found out why my other chapter got rated.
Due to language but I didn't want to ruin the integrity of the chapter so I just left it.
Anyway, Yesung being a violent drunk XD I don't think he actually is though..
Anticipate chapter 3! :) There will be TWO cameos there that will be recurring throughout the series!
Enjoy ^^V