The Agreement.

I Remember.

Author's Note~

Here is your second chapter :DDD Enjoy!

 

~~~~~~

 

I woke up with a terrible cramp in my neck. My head was throbbing and my everything was hurting. I opened my eyes to a sunshiny Saturday morning and the lazy town was just beginning to wake up. I watched people leaving their houses across the road, chirping cheery good mornings to each other moving to the beginning of yet another busy day.

It’s so interesting how the world works. How everything works. There are people who, on good days, just feel like everything in the world is perfect and wonderful, and yet even if they know, they just don’t think about how obvious it is that they’re wrong. How every day there are millions of people who are on top of the world but millions of people who just want to drop dead. How can people who fight for equality ever expect their dreams to come true? The world keeps on spinning and if you’re too slow to catch up it will simply leave you behind. The people who can will be happier than those who can’t, but what is happiness, knowing that there are people out there who would kill for it? Do people simply enjoy the fact that they are better off than others? Is that how it goes?

I saw a familiar face from school hand in hand with a guy I didn’t recognize just across the road. She was flushed, a soft shade of red tingeing her cheeks topped with a thousand-watt ear-to-ear grin. She looked so happy.

I pressed my forehead against the glass, blinking slowly at her glowing figure and all the joy that seemed to pour out of her. That girl was carefree. Her family was loaded; her future bright. She had everything she wanted and her love life was going well, too, apparently. She had absolutely nothing to worry about in life. Oh, the things I would give for that.

I stood up and stretched, my backbone popping after a night sleeping hunched over. I groggily moved over to my bed, sitting heavily on the edge as I took my buzzing phone into my hands. I flipped it open.

You have 1 unread text message.

I furrowed my eyebrows, opening the message.

Annyeong, Yumi-yah ^-^
I hope this isn’t too early. I wouldn’t want to have woken you up.
I just wanted to tell you that I’ve booked you a seat on a flight to Korea for tomorrow morning.

I dropped my phone, gasping as I scrambled to pick it up and continue reading.

I really, really hope you can come. I need to see you. Please try to come. I don’t know if I am disturbing your studies or making you skip school, but please try to bear with me for even a few days. And… I know that you’ve been suffering. I think I know how to solve that. Please, Yumi.

Dae.

I stared at the screen, unmoving. Inhale, exhale. I exited the message and speed dialed Miyeon.

“Unnie. Can I come over?”

 

~~~~~~

 

I breezed through the main gates of my school, hurrying to get past the school guard to avoid questions. Miyeon wasn’t at home and had told me to meet her at school. There was only one Korean-based school in the area where I lived, and that was the one that Miyeon and I attended. Saturday activities were not uncommon and the school compound was alive with energy.

Volleyball practices were going on on one side of the court, a basketball meetup on the other. I could see the art club working away on one of the upper-floor classrooms I walked past. I continued down the hallway to the end, where the music room was. Peeking in, I saw Miyeon hammering away on the drumset as her fellow band members played along. I knocked and opened the door; it was only a jamming session. That meant I could pull Miyeon out whenever. I needed to do that just then.

“Hey guys,” I nodded at Miyeon’s band members. “I just need to borrow Miyeon for a sec. Sorry. Thanks.”

Miyeon stood up, placed the drumsticks on one of the drums and followed me out of the room.

“Soooo?” Miyeon drawled. “What is it that’s so urgent?”

I sighed.

“It’s a super long story, Yeonnie. This might take a while.”

“If it’s important, I have time.” she smiled softly, eyes turning up into her signature little crescents.

I exhaled and nodded slowly. “Okay. Listen.”

 

~~~~~~

 

I had nervously shown Miyeon both the voice message and the text. My heart thrummed in my chest as I waited for her to respond. She pursed her lips.

“I think you should go.”

I stared at her blankly.

“What?”

I had not expected her to say that. I hadn’t seen it coming at all. Miyeon was one of the most logical people I knew. For her to just agree to a trip to Korea, supposedly fully paid for by a k-pop idol, it was just, out of this world.

“You should go.” she repeated. “Think about it, Yumi. These nightmares have been plaguing you for weeks now. It’s not something to take lightly, and if he claims to know how to solve them then I really think you should give it a shot. No one else has been able to help you.”

I ran my fingers through my hair, shaking my head. “It’s impossible.” I said. “My mum would never allow that. And it’s tomorrow, for crying out loud. Even if I agreed to it there’s no way my mum would.”

“Didn’t he say that he’s sorted everything out?”

“Miyeon…”

“Just go, then.”

I stared at Miyeon like she was mad. ‘just go’? What had gotten into her?

“Miyeon, I can’t ‘just go’ to Korea without my mum’s permission. She’d murder me!” I exclaimed pressingly. “I came to you for logical advice!”

“This is logical advice. Yumi, really. Try to get out of your little box for a second and actually think about how important this trip is. Do you really want to live with those nightmares for the rest of your life?” Miyeon was trying not to get impatient. She was level-headed, yes, and a great person to talk to, but I’m pretty sure I was already pushing her limits.

“I don’t, Miyeon, but-”

“Look. This is the last straw. If you don’t go who knows what would happen to you?” she shot, features tainted with pique. “Who else here knows how to solve your problems? Who else will be able to help you? I know you think that I would be the one begging you not to go, but under such circumstances, I’m telling you now that you have to!”

I sighed in exasperation. She was right. I had to admit that she was right.

“Yumi. Go home. Pack your bags. Get a good night’s rest. Meet me at the airport tomorrow. I’ll see you off. In your current state, you have nothing to lose.”

I tore my gaze away from her pleading eyes and nodded.

 

~~~~~~

 

Author's Note~

I thought about it and realised that some people might be curious about what I meant about the Korean school. If you haven't already realised (though I think you should have by now ಠ_ಠ), the story is currently set in a country outside Korea. For me it's my own country, but I never specified which country it is so that it's easier for readers to picture :) I'm not too sure about other countries, but here in Malaysia there are schools that are based on schooling systems of other countries. As far as I know, there are two foreign schools in my state, one Japanese and one Korean. In these schools, lessons are taught based on the syllabus of the countries from which the schools come from. And of course, the majority of the students who go to to those schools will be of identical nationality to the school. :) Hope this clears up any confusion ^-^

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING BUT THANK YOU FOR NOT HATING ME

I LOVE YOU ALL

p.s. though i would love you even more if you commented and let me know how i'm doing xD