Before The Dance

An Angel in Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So… Do you know what kind of corsage to get for your dates?” Luhan asked no one in particular as he, Xiumin and Kris walked down the street.

“Don’t ask me.” Xiumin shook his head. “I know nothing about things like this except that it should match the girl’s dress.”

Luhan nodded slowly before turning his attention to Kris. “Do you know what color Sooyoung’s gown is?”

“She wouldn’t tell me.” He rolled his eyes. “It makes everything much harder and it’s already the day of the dance.”

“What flower shop are we going to anyway?” The light brown haired man looked at his surroundings. “I remember the flower shop we went to when Luhan and I came with you to the cemetery. It isn’t here.”

“That’s because this is our flower shop.” Kris mumbled under his breath.

Xiumin perked up. “What do you mean ‘our’?”

“What?” He turned red, silently cursing his friend’s sharp ears. “Nothing.”

“Oh, I get it!” The shortest out of the trio of males exclaimed. “It’s the flower shop you and Sooyoung always go to, isn’t it?”

Xiumin promptly shut his mouth when Kris shot him a look that was a notch lower than a glare; the rest of the walking to the flower shop done in silence. Whatever opinions and comments Luhan and Xiumin had were wisely kept to themselves, not wanting to ruin the day by ruining Kris’s good mood. With the dance just being hours away, they wouldn’t even dare risk putting him in a foul mood, knowing that they weren’t just risking his rather but Sooyoung’s and possibly Yoona’s as well. An irate Kris was another thing, two irate women were a different thing.

“Oh, hey there, Kris.” Victoria greeted them with a bright smile as they entered her shop. “I see you brought friends.”

Kris greeted the friendly brunette, quickly introducing her and his friends to each other. “We’re here for corsages…”

“I thought so.” She grinned, stepping away from the counter. “Do you have any idea what to get your dates?”

“Uh…” The three boys exchanged uncertain looks; Luhan opting to speak for all of them. “We were kinda hoping you’d help us with that part.”

Victoria laughed. “They’re usually roses but you can choose other flowers that can go along with it.”

With that, the boys dispersed around the floral shop; Xiumin and Luhan opting to look around first as it was their first time there. Kris had made a beeline for the roses, looking at each color and variety closely. It really didn’t help that he didn’t know what she was going to wear tonight, making him rely on gut feel and what he assumed Sooyoung would like.

“Have you chosen?” Victoria appeared by his side.

He nodded. “I think I’ll go for the white roses.”

“Great choice.” She smiled, proceeding to gather choice white roses for the corsage. “Is that all?”

“Would it be weird if… there are a few baby’s breath?” The blonde haired man winced, hoping that he didn’t sound like a complete fool.

She regarded him with complete amazement. “You know your flowers, young man.”

Kris managed a small smile. “Thanks.”

The brunette took a few sprigs of baby’s breath to join the roses in her hand. “Anything else?”

“Can you…” He hesitated. “Can you include one white carnation? Even just a small one?”

The smile on her face widened as realization sunk in. “That’s Sooyoung’s favorite flower.”

Kris could only nod, coughing awkwardly into his fist as his cheeks flushed a rather pale shade of crimson. Following Victoria to the counter once she had a carnation in hand, he watched as she skilfully arranged the flowers, cutting the stems into appropriate lengths as she arranged everything so that it assembled the traditional corsage. Kris fidgeted, wanting to ask a question that had been occupying his thoughts ever since he go there but wasn’t quite sure how to ask it.

“Just spit it out, Kris.”

“Did Sooyoung drop by already?”

Victoria nodded, grabbing a long piece of white ribbon from the shelf. “She did. She came earlier in the morning with Yoona.”

His curiosity peaked. “What kind of boutonniere did she get?”

“She told me that it’s a secret.” She shook her finger at him, going back immediately to her work soon after. “The dance is just a few hours away. I’m sure it won’t kill you to wait.”

He let out a sigh. “I guess…”

“I know that you know about Sooyoung’s life.” Victoria turned serious all of a sudden. “I don’t know what’s going on between the two of you but that girl is like my little sister. All I want is to see her hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter