Epiphany

Epiphany

 

“J-Jiho?!” He hummed as a response. You felt your heart beat accelerating to an abnormal, uncomfortable speed.

“Hey! Come out for dinner with us! Jiho wants to see you sooooooo badly!” a voice you assumed was Kyung or Jaehyo shouted in the background.

“Ah guys… Will you just… Haha. So, are you free right now? It’s nothing important though.”

“I’ll be right there! Old place?”

“Old place.” You can feel him smiling.

You said a hushed goodbye and hung up the phone before frantically pressing the bell on the bus, signalling the driver to stop immediately. You hurried to the door and jumped down as soon as it was opened. The next second you were running towards the Han River as fast as you could, and the backpack you were carrying swung vigorously side-to-side. People shot you strange looks but they weren’t of any significance to you right now, no matter how self-conscious you usually were.

Woo Jiho. He was the only thing on your mind.

It had been more days than you could count since you met him and he hid from everyone ever since that controversy. He could only feel hate around him and everybody except his band mates and good friends blamed him for damaging the image of Koreans. He didn’t rant, he wasn’t angry, he didn’t protest. Instead, he swallowed every heartless, cruel, insulting words or sentences directed to him and his group. Even worse, he got sick and had to undergo surgery, all by himself. You could imagine him curling up at the corner sobbing, discreetly yet involuntarily revealing the soft, vulnerable side of him covered up well by his seemingly strong character.

“Woo Jiho. Woo Jiho. Woo Jiho.” You murmured lowly in-between pants as you ran.

In two minutes, you were just across the road from them. Seven familiar figures were sitting by the riverside with their backs facing you. They didn’t seem to be chatting at all, but you were certain that they were happy to have their leader back after so many unfortunate events. You caught your breath and checked your appearance on a random reflective surface on the streets to make sure you look presentable. No matter how close you were with Block B, they’re still celebrities. Carefully, you checked both sides of the road and sprinted across it when no car was passing by. You stopped about a metre behind them.

“What you wanna be, BLOCK B!” You shouted and laughed. They all turned around at once except Taeil who was shocked and nearly lost his balance. They saluted and laughed along, standing up to welcome you.

“What took you so long!” P.O faked a frown which evoked massive laughter among the few of you.

Although they were all looking at you, one pair of eyes looked different. Although they were all smiling at you, one of the smiles touched you more than the others.

“Why aren’t you saying hi and running towards Jiho hugging him tightly like in the movies?” Jaehyo blurted out and smirked. You lowered your head to think of an answer. Before anything popped up from your messy mind, an arm swung and grabbed your shoulders, turning you 180 degrees.

“Ooooooohhhhhhh!” The immature boys applaused,

“Let’s go, guys. Yukwon is hungry.” Jiho said

“Ya Z-I-C-O I didn’t say anything…” Yukwon rebutted, but Jiho kept walking in opposite direction to the river, and they couldn’t help but catch up with the two of you, with defeated smiles on their faces. This is not the Jiho you were familiar with, but it felt nice to be ruled by him for a while instead of having him being all gentleman-like and adorable.

The dinner ended in laughter and you all cheered as Jiho voluntarily paid the bill, not caring about manners because it was such a happy day. As if they weren’t celebrities, they, including you, casually walked out of the restaurant together. Kyung even waved to fans on the streets.

“Now where to go?” Kyung asked the group.

“Partying partying yeah!” the group exclaimed except Jiho and you.

“Are you trying to piss me off bro.” Jiho butted in.

“Obviously.” Kyung grinned and Jaehyo threw his arms over the younger’s shoulders proudly. “But everyone, agree? To the club?”

Taeil shyly nodded and U-kwon smiled widely. B-bomb coolly said “Cool.” Jiho bit his lower lips in discontentment.

“Don’t be like that, Jiho-ah, we have no intentions to bring you two down to the club and ruin the whole atmosphere. The two of you can go somewhere else and enjoy yourselves.” The few of them said and chuckled. “Bye!” The six of them left you and Jiho alone.

“So… where do you want to go?” Jiho returned to the normal him.

“It’s your big day, you decide.” You said with a smile.

“At least suggest something! My mind is empty now.” He laughed awkwardly and led you strolling down the streets of Gangnam.

“What about… movies? But people will recognise you and I might get you into another trouble… What about…”

“Movie at your/my dorm!” The two of you said in unison and high fived.

“Let’s go!” He held your forearm and dragged you forward with a big grin on his face, while you embarrassedly covered your face with your other hand, stumbling after him.

Five minutes later the two of you left the main streets and walked towards the dorm. No words were exchanged but you could tell that he was enjoying your company. You walked side-by-side with the rapper and your shoulders rubbed against each other’s as you walked. The back of your hand occasionally touch his and both of you would quickly withdraw them, unconsciously avoiding unnecessary skinship.

“It’s been a while since we spent time with each other like this.” He broke the silence, to your surprise.

“Yeah, since you dropped out from school and all that…” You replied and he hummed.

“I missed you. I’m not even lying.”

“No one said you were.”

“I’m just afraid that you’ll treat that as flir-“

“We’ve known for years okay!” You let out an airy laugh. “I miss you too, though.” He smiled and you saw it in the corner of your eyes.

“Back then, everybody shipped us together… Remember?”

“Of course. They were annoying.”

“You liked it, didn’t you?”

“N-“

“Don’t lie.” He chuckled. “I liked it.” You blushed at his bluntness.

It was about 7 o’clock and the temperature started to drop as the sun set. Cool wind blew and sent shivers all around your body. You crossed your arms and rubbed the sides of your arms.

“Link arms with me.” Jiho invited and grinned. You shook your head. “Aw come one!” He insisted you to link arms with him so that you could share his warmth after he wrapped with his jacket. Although you enjoyed this, it was awkward and unnatural. ‘But he’s so warm…’

You stopped by a café before going back to the dorm and shared a cup of caramel macchiato. (He insisted that he only wanted a sip but ended up drinking half of it.) In a moment, he opened the dorm door and led you in.

“Whoah you guys cleaned the dorm?” Your eyes widened. “It was chaotic when I saw your dorm on TV last time!”

“Well, I stayed here alone almost every day for the past few months… I had nothing better to do. You proud of me?” He chuckled and you sighed. “I take that as a yes. Come on, take a seat!” He pointed to the few bean bag seats in the middle of the living room. You obediently followed his orders because you were too overwhelmed to think of other things right now. You’re in an idol group’s dorm. An idol group’s dorm. Holy .

You made yourself comfortable on the soft bean bag seat and hugged your knees. Jiho came out with his blanket and a pile of DVDs, ready to join you. He held you the pile of DVDs and made you choose one of them, then covered you with the blanket filled with his scent.

You frowned at his weird behaviour and flipped through the DVDs.

“Why are you choosing these old films… Titanic? I’ve watched that a thousand times…” You mumbled. “Oh this!”

“Sure? It’s not a romantic movie.”

“Yes that’s why I chose it! It’s a nice movie right, isn’t it?”

He smiled and took the pile of DVDs, singling out “Titanic” and inserted it into the DVD player. Afterwards he sat down on the bean bag seat you occupied.

“What are you doing! And I said ‘We Bought the Zoo’!”

“Shhhh.” He hushed. “It’s more romantic this way.” He stated while snuggling into the blanket.

“Why does it have to be romant-“

“Shhhhhhhhh.” He placed his index finger on my lips, hushing me, then pulled the blanket over himself.

So… You were sharing a bean bag seat AND a blanket with your best friend who was an idol star. Watching Titanic…

In the middle of the movie you fell asleep because of the warmth you shared in the blanket. You had always been a light sleeper though. When Jiho rested your head on his shoulders and slipped his hand into yours, you knew it. Before you could pretend to wake up and respond to his actions, he started speaking, or half-whispering, in his deep and soothing voice.

“One day, I promise, when I’m worthy enough, I’ll make you mine.” He firmly said and breathed heavily. “Believe in me, one day, I’ll be good enough for you. To make you like me.”

You could feel your heart beating harder and harder as he spoke, but you remained still so that he wouldn’t be embarrassed. Wait, no. You pretended to be asleep because you were curious what he was going to say or do next.

“Babo. Maybe I really shouldn’t have chosen this movie.” He my hair and purred. His voice sent shivers all over your body and the corners of your mouth almost betrayed you by curling upwards. He had been cute and adorable in front of you but this was a whole different side of him. You had no idea Jiho could be so sweet. And you had no idea that I had been treating him… more than a friend, developing something more than innocent friendship. You knew he was very important to you, but you had never thought it this way. Shouldn’t you be feeling weird or something right now? Because you weren’t. Instead, you felt over the top.

Jiho abruptly shifted and got off the seat, taking away his blanket as well. You frowned and groaned a little and was attacked by the cold air around you. You heard footsteps coming towards me and hands were slipped under you thighs and back. Before you knew it, Jiho lifted you up bridal style and carried you to a bed. It smelled like his bed so you supposed it was. Warmth spread all over you once again when he covered you with the blanket earlier. He tugged your side bangs under your ears and patted your head.

“Sleep well, princess.” You heard him said and stepped away. No, he could not leave now. You wanted to… You had to tell him…

“J-jiho.” His name escaped your lips as you forced open your heavy eyelids. He quickly turned around with slightly widened eyes. “You’re already good enough.”

He smiled.

 


Thank you for reading! ^__^ I hope you enjoyed this.
Please COMMENT! Everybody loves comment. You can earn karma points too! Don't forget that XD

If you like B.A.P, I have a few B.A.P fics and if you're kind enough, please check them out!