Chapter 20

Life As A TS Trainee

3rd Person POV~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UobPdASx9A KWill-Please Don't...

Mary and Daehyun stood in the practice room alone, past midnight. Mary, her expression shocked and confused as Daehyun looked worried and lost.
 
"Oppa," Mary softly spoke, with soft eyes. "Why didn't you tell me? Why did you hide it and have to make me figure it all myself?"
 
"I..." he tried to say something, but couldn't. "I'm sorry."
 
"After all these months of training together, you've been hiding it from me," she said now disappointed in him. Daehyun couldn't look her in the eyes and so his eyes traveled down to the wooden floor. "But now I know it was you, you're the reason why I'm here today."
 
Mary approached him and once she was close enough, she hugged him taking him by shock. His heart fastened from the touch, yet he was confused. 
 
"I don't care if you've hidden this from me, but I've finally found you," she said with a warm smile and rested her head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her back and slightly smiled. 
 
"Still, I'm sorry for keeping it from you," he softly said. Mary didn't care because she was happy she had been with him all this time. Yongguk had been outside of the room all this time, listening to their conversation. He smiled, knowing they had found each other, but the smile slowly faded away. 
 
"How will they handle it when Daehyun debuts? They won't be able to see each other as often anymore..." Yongguk softly said and looked through the little crack at the door to see the two still hugging each other. 
 
---NEXT DAY---
 
Mary was excited to see Daehyun at the bus stop, but things didn't go as planned. 
 
"Are you the residence of this house?" a man in black asked Mary as soon as she opened the door to practice. 
 
"No, my grandmother is," she said, looking at the 3 men that stood in front of her. "Is there something wrong?"
 
"The rent hasn't been paid for a month now, we need you to pay by the end of this month or else we'll have to kick you guys out," the man with glasses said. 
 
"By the end of this month? Isn't that too soon?" she asked as they shook their heads. 
 
"Also, please hand this letter to your grandmother," the man said and handed an envelope to Mary. "You have a wonderful day now."
 
Mary bowed to them and watched them head down the stairs. She grew curious about the letter, so she opened it and it wasn't anything about the house; it was a hospital fee.
 
"Mary, who was at the door?" her grandmother asked, coming out from her room. Mary stared at the letter, seeing that it was about cancer and other things. "Mary?"
 
Her grandmother approached her and saw Mary reading the letter. "What's that?"
 
"It's a hospital fee...when did you go to the hospital?" she asked her grandmother. "Why didn't you tell me you were sick?"
 
-------
 
The bus came on time, but Mary didn't. Daehyun waited for her, but the bus honked for him to get on it. Is she not coming today?
 
Once he got to company, he immediately went into the practice room the girls were using. 
 
"Daehyun, what are you doing here?" Jay asked as Daehyun looked around the room for Mary. 
 
"Is she not here?" he asked, making Jay and the girls exchange looks. 
 
"Are you talking about Mary?" Jihye asked as he nodded. "No, she's not here yet. Did she not come with you?"
 
Daehyun shook his head and became worried. 
 
"I'll call her later and check up on her," Jay said walking up to him. "You go and practice."
 
Daehyun wanted to say no, but he gave in and went up to his dance practice room. I hope she's fine.
 
-------
 
Mary was on her way to meet the doctor her grandmother had been seeing to ask questions about her grandmother's sickness. She entered the hospital when her phone began ringing. 
 
"Hello?" she answered on the 3 ring. 
 
"Where are you? You're 30 minutes late. It's unusual for you to be this late," Jay replied in a worried tone. "Are you okay?"
 
"Yeah, I'm just at the hospital-"
 
"HOSPITAL?!?" he shouted through the phone, almost making her ears bleed. "WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED?!"
 
"MARY'S IN THE HOSPITAL?!" Hana's voice was heard in the background. 
 
"Jay, let me explain," Mary calmly said. "I just need to talk to a doctor about my grandmother's health, that's all."
 
A sigh of relief was heard from Jay, "That's good, but how is your grandmother's health?"
 
"I don't know yet, I just got to the hospital," she said while going up the elevator to the doctor's office. 
 
"Okay, let me know if something's up got it?" he asked as she nodded. "Call me too when you're not coming to practice."
 
"Yes Jay," she replied and they bid their goodbyes. Mary reached the floor she needed to go to and looked at the letter again. I need to find Doctor Kim Minhyun.
 
She looked at all the name plates and found the one she needed. She knocked first and waited when the door opened. 
 
"Hello there, how may I help you?" the doctor asked. She looked at the letter and held it up to him. "What's this?"
 
He took it and scanned it. "What do you want me to do with this?"
 
"I need to talk about halmeoni's health and the fee," Mary said. The doctor nodded and let her in his office. She sat in a chair as Doctor Kim sat across her. 
 
"So, what do you want to talk about?" he asked, leaning back in his chair while crossing his arms. 
 
"Is halmeoni going to be okay?" Mary asked; that was the only question she could think of. 
 
"From what I know, she has cancer and at her age...she may slow down, if you know what I mean," the doctor said with an apologetic look. 
 
"So you're saying, she doesn't have much time to..." Mary said trailing off, just thinking of what will happen. A life without her grandmother. "Isn't there anything else you can do to heal her?"
 
The doctor looked down and sighed. "I'm sorry, but we can't do anything for her."
 
Mary looked down to her hand that laid on her lap. "Mary, right?"
 
She looked up and nodded. Doctor Kim smiled and got up from his seat. "I want your grandmother to live just as much as you do Mary."
 
"Then why can't you just-"
 
"Just take care of her," he said with a smile. "Make sure you treat her well and let her rest."
 
"I know. I've taken care of her and my little brother for at least 5 years now," she softly said, lookin back down to her hands. 
 
"And you're doing a terrific job taking care of them without your parents," he said and patted her shoulder. "About the hospital bill, I'll handle it."
 
"Bwoh? But you can't-"
 
"Don't worry about it Mary, just leave it to me," he said with another smile and walked up to the door. "Again, I'm sorry."
 
Mary didn't reply and heard the door click shut. She sighed and got up from her seat when she saw photos on the wall. One photo caught her eyes though, it was small and a bit burnt. The only faces she saw was the doctor and his wife, who was holding their daughter she thought, but in the photo she couldn't see the daughter's face. His daughter must be beautiful.
 
She continued to look at it for a few minutes when the doctor came back. "You haven't left yet?"
 
"I was just curious about this photo," Mary replied. The doctor glanced at it and smiled. 
 
"Do you want to hear a story?" he asked as she smiled and nodded.