Meet Again

Breaking As One

“Sooyoung…”

It was the last thing he wanted to say. He was scared; scared of facing her again. She was his first love, his first kiss, his first girlfriend, and his first angel. He was scared he would get the same feeling before of butterflies flying in his stomach. He was scared that he would fall back into the same old Changmin that fell in-love with her. But he still does, deep inside him.

She turned around, and a look of surprise crossed her face when she saw him.

Changmin tried his best to ignore her and tried to get away. Unfortunately for him, Sooyoung caught up with him. She held his wrist to hold him back and Changmin dreadfully turned to look her way with his heart beating fast with nervousness.

She took out her sketch pad from her bag and wrote something.

So she was the same as before, Changmin thought.

Sooyoung flipped her sketch pad and Changmin saw she wrote ‘Hi... Long time no see.’

Changmin let out a forced, little smile at her, “Long time no see, too, Sooyoung-ah…” He whispered. It’s been a while since they’ve talked. Their break-up, should I say, wasn’t proper.

She wrote again, but this time, longer.

It was always like this. Their first date, their first meeting, their last break-up, always the same. Sooyoung always wrote on her sketch pad. But Changmin didn’t know why. At first, he wasn’t bothered by the presence of that sketch pad she’d been holding for the past few years. But after being in a relationship, Changmin started to be bothered by it and complain about it. That caused them to break-up. But no, it wasn’t her to Changmin. It was the sketch pad.

Sooyoung flipped it again, and Changmin read it.

‘How have you been? If you would ask me, I’m fine. Life is great for me, how about you? I’m also getting promotions now-a-days… why? Not that I want to flaunt it, I just… had a feeling I should say it to you.’

Changmin feebed a smile again, “I’m okay, actually. I’m doing fine like you. I just realized singing is my passion, so I decided to go for it. And I… got accepted as an SM trainee.”

Not totally true.

Sooyoung wrote again.

She was a fast writer, so Changmin didn’t have to complain about her taking so slow in writing.

‘Congratulations…’

“Thanks.”

Then he noticed. Changmin inwardly scoffed. What was she actually trying to do? Flirt with him? Changmin thought about that. But he thought about it twice, and actually thought about the good points. He remembered she was just being nice, like the old times. And his heart fluttered.

Why am I reacting this way?