Chapter Two

The Dooms Games

Eve slips on her black shoes. She takes a deep breathe in and looks around. A lot of residents have been up this morning. They go straight to the square for the public Drawing. Eve walks slowly until she reaches the residence's square.

She goes straight ahead to the Blood Verifying Section. Eve holds out her hand and the Blood Taker pricks her finger to take a little bit of blood. Ouch. Eve winces. This thing stings. The Blood Taker verifies her little drop of blood with a scanner. "Next." She lets Eve joins the crowd as she is done with her. Eve her finger to stop the bleeding. The taste of blood lingers in . Yuck.

She realizes that she is trembling pretty badly so pinches her stomach. She figures out that solution when she was in the woods, hiding from the Controllers. She fixes her pigtails and looks a round. It looks like everyone is pretty nervous too. You can see it based on their expression. Eve tries to find her parents in the crowd but she eventually remembers that her parents are inside the Pandora Building. They will be seated next to the Mayor of Residence 11 as they are the  victors of the Dooms Games few years back.

Sudden taps on the microphone grab the crowd's attention. There is a weird looking guy wearing a bright pink tuxedo. Eve does know about him. Her mother did tell her about him once. He is Jo Kwon, the . He has been escorting the combatants of Residence 11 for the past 7 years.

"Happy Dooms Games everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor. Today, we're going to draw out two names, as the combatants of Residence 11. Shall I begin it with the boys?" Jo Kwon walks towards the cursed glass bowl. He reaches out his hand and randomly picks a piece of parchment paper. He raises the paper up in the air, purposely building up the tense.

He opens up the folding and begins to announce.

"Boy combatant for Residence 11 is ..." He pauses and continues to read the name out loud.

"DO KYUNGSOO!"

D.O's eyes widen as he hears his name being called by the . He leaves the crowd and the Controllers accompany him as he walks slowly to the stage. Eve tries to get a glimpse of the boy combatant. Her jaw drops as she sees him. It was the boy. The boy she met in woods earlier. Poor boy.

D.O stands on the stage, looking terrified and scared. His face turns pale white just like a corpse. He cannot believe the fact that he has been chosen to be the boy combatant for a second.

"And now, for the girls." D.O entwines his fingers as Jo Kwon makes his way to the glass bowl. He hovers his hand in the bowl before pulling out a piece of paper. He clears his throat before he reads the name.

"EVANGELINE HAMILTON."

Eyes of the residents pierce through Eve's body. She has never been feeling this awkward. The crowd suddenly parts to make a way for her. It takes too long for Eve to realize that she is the chosen one. She is feeling utterly down and furious as she hears sighs of relief from the residents around her. Eve tucks her blouse in and walks slowly to the stage.

"I believe, Evangeline Hamilton is the daughter of our victors, Mr. Hamilton and Mrs. Hamilton, isn't it?" Jo Kwon purposely breaking up the silence.

Eve reaches the stage. She glances at her parents. Her mother looks like she is going to break down at any point. Eve hopes that she will not. She does not want to end up crying and looks like a total weakling. Cameras are everywhere.

D.O gazes at Eve and he tries to recognize her. He thinks he has seen her before.

"Oh come on. Bow to each other, will you?" Jo Kwon tells them to do so.

There is no point in bowing or shaking hands. This is the matter of life and death. What the hell is this is thinking? He must be joking. Eve gives Jo Kwon a death glare to warn him from talking trashy. She is not sure if he gets the point or not. Duh. Stupid . Jo Kwon is giving them a look that they have to do what he tells them to do.

D.O and Eve slowly bows and shakes their hands. The coldness of his hand seeps through Eve's hand. He must be scared to death. Eve thinks to herself. She is scared too. And together, they will be the chicken combatatants.

"I'm pretty sure that they are going to be the winners of the games this year. Look into their eyes ! I can see their spirits are burning !" Jo Kwon hopes for some applauds but he receives dead silence instead. He pretends to fix his bow to overcome the awkward silence.

"Happy Dooms Games everyone ! May the odds be ever in your favor." Jo Kwon ends his speech and quickly sends the combatant into the Pandora Building.