One

Awkward Readings

 

Once they got to the kitchen and found Daehyun a snack, the boy noticed that the dorm was awkwardly quiet today. "Where is everyone?" He mumbled out between bites. His nervousness seemed to be returning.

"Himchan-hyung and YoungJae-hyung are at a mini interview and photoshoot. Yongguk-hyung is in the studio working on some songs, and Junhong's taking a nap in his room." Daehyun had appeared more and more agitated with each missing member mentioned, but he physically relaxed and let out a sigh when he heard that the Maknae was still home. Jongup just continued to stare at his strange hyung, a bit confused.
 
Daehyun quickly swallowed the last bits of his snack and stood up. "I'm going to check on Yongguk-hyung!" And with that he almost literally ran out of the room.
 
 
Half an hour later the boy was entering the dorm again. He looked tired. Jongup silently watched his strange Hyung for a moment before Daehyun realized he was there. He sighed, "Yongguk-hyung told me I would just bother him and sent me back." For an instant he looked like he would sit down on the couch by Jongup, but he shook his head and left the room.
 
Only ten-or-so minutes had passed when Jongup heard giggling coming from the other room. He clicked off the TV and followed the giggles. The sound came from Daehyun and Youngjae's shared room. He softly knocked on the door. It had been open earlier so he wasn't sure why it was closed now.
 
Immediately the giggles stopped. Silence filled the air, until Jongup finally decided to just open the door. Daehyun was again sitting on the floor, laptop not so well hidden under the bed beside him. His was starring wide-eyed at the door and Jongup. He looked horrified yet again.
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" Daehyun vigorously nodded his head, not uttering a word or taking his eyes off of the younger. Jongup slowly came into the room and stood in front of Daehyun. "Are you watching a drama hyung?"
 
Daehyun shook his head to deny, but kept his eyes trailed on Jongup.  The brunette just stared down at him in confusion. "Oh. What were you doing?"
 
The blond again shook his hand in front of him and stuttered out a few 'nothing's, repeating the performance from an hour ago. Jongup had never seen the older THIS flustered before, it was a bit entertaining. 
 
"If you aren't doing anything hyung, will you play with me? I'm bored." Jongup didn't think that Daehyun's face could darken a shade redder, but it did just then. "Maybe I could watch the video with you?" he asked, trying to guess what the older had been doing, "Or read the funny story with you?"
 
Daehyun jumped at the last question and was just about to yell out another denial when they heard a door slam open. "We're home!" Himchan barked when he entered the dorm.
 
Daehyun sighed in relief and left the  room, making sure to half-drag Jongup with him and close the bedroom door behind them.
 
"Where is Yongguk?" Himchan asked when the pair appeared before him. 
 
"He's at the studio." Jongup piped up, since the normally talkative Daehyun seemed peculiarly quiet today.

Himchan laughed about his hyung who was always messing around in the studio, and said he was going to check on him. Youngjae started to head for his room when Daehyun suddenly was clinging to his arm and walking him down the hallway, leaving Jongup all alone.

 

--

 

"Jongup!" Youngjae whined out as he came into the living room. "Daehyun-hyung is being creepy over his computer. He keeps laughing or looking really serious about whatever he is reading."

Jongup nodded, and stood up "I'm going to check on him."
 
This time the door had been left open again, and Jongup stopped just inside the doorframe. Daehyun hadn't noticed he was there. The blond looked as though he was trying to gulp down the words in front of him as fast as he could. He almost looked like he had forgotten to breathe when he suddenly gasped and jumped a few inches off of the ground. "Jongup! Wha-what are y-you doing here?"
 
Instead of answering the question Jongup just walked over to stand in front of the other. "You're staring at the computer screen too much hyung. You should take a break."
 
Daehyun looked back at the screen and realized it was still open. He quickly shut it and slid it under his bed. His cheeks were red again, and the usually talkative hyung was still quiet.
 
Enough was enough. Jongup swept down and reached for the laptop. Daehyun grabbed for Jongup to stop him and somehow he ended up pulling the younger almost into his lap. Both boys were startled by the sudden position but Daehyun was much more phased.
 
He stared at down at the brunette who was in his arms. Jongup stared back and they just had a moment. Daehyun was holding his breath, nervous at the contact.
 
"Hyung." Jongup tried to bring the older back to reality, but it only seemed to spur him deeper into his thoughts. "Hyung, will you let go?"
 
Daehyun didn't answer but instead leaned his face a little closer to Jongup's. Feeling awkward Jongup turned his face slightly away. 
 
Another minute the two sat frozen like this before Daehyun came crashing back to reality. "S-sorry!" he yelled out a little too loudly and flung his arms up.
 
Jongup quickly backed away, so he was again sitting in front of his hyung.
 
"What the hell?" a voice spoke up behind Jongup. Both turn to see Daehyun's roommate standing in the doorway.
 
"You-Youngjae!" Daehyun stuttered out and raised his hands a little higher as if trying to prove his innocence. His face was still a bright red. Jongup was starting to think that was the older boy's new skin color. 
 
He stared at the pair for a moment longer before he turned away and started to pull the door closed. "Jongup figure out whats wrong with him."

--

 

Neither had spoken the last half and hour. They merely stared at opposite corners of the room, lost in their own thoughts. Jongup was waiting for his hyung to talk, while Daehyun was trying to kill all of the thoughts currently invading his brain.

"Hyung. What's the matter?" Jongup finally spoke out, but his eyes never left the corner of the room. He didn't want to meet eyes with the older again just yet. "What are you reading?"
 
"A st-story" he answered after a pause.
 
"What kind of story?" Jongup gained a little courage. His hyung was answering finally. He looked up and again their eyes met.
 
"A," his voice seemed to fail him as he tried to whisper out the words, "A st-story... about us." He looked away again.
 
"About B.A.P? An article?"
 
"N-no." his voice was just a whisper. He shook his head.
 
"About us?" Jongup repeated and shifted into a more comfortable position, coincidentally closer to Daehyun. The older flinched but still refused to look up. "A story about you and me?"
 
Daehyun's head whipped around and his eyes locked with the younger's in horror. He wasn't ready to admit it yet.
 
"What kind of story?" Jongup pushed a little harder. He leaned slightly closer, knowing that the proximity may create the pressure needed to get answers.
 
Daehyun's mouth opened as though he was going to say something but he still refused to.
 
"Was it a fanfiction?"
 
The older seemed to mentally crumble in defeat, giving Jongup his answer.
 
Knowing that the older wouldn't need any more pressuring, his leaned back but kept his eyes sharply trained on the blond. "You're reading a fanfiction about you and me?" He didn't want to appear too disgusted, but that was just weird. Jongup was too nice a person to show that he felt weird about it and hurt his hyung.
 
"It was really well written" was all Daehyun could croak out before he stumbled up and ran out of the room.