Two

Awkward Readings

 

"How did you manage to scare him away?" Youngjae asked as he walked into the bedroom.

"Just talked a bit." Jongup mumbled in response. He sat thinking for a minute more before turning to his hyung who was getting comfortable with his own laptop. "What's Daehyun's password?"
 
"What?"
 
"You two are together a lot, so you know his laptop password right?"
 
The older thought for a quick minute before getting an evil smirk on his face. "What are you planning?"
 
"Nothing much, just looking."
 
"you" Jongup quickly pulled out the laptop and typed in the characters.

--

 

It had been maybe two hours since he had left the dorm. He had been mindlessly practicing some old choreography in the studio and chatting with a few trainees. He didn't want to go back to face Jongup. Why did he tell the kid what he had been reading? Why did he keep reading it!?

He knew why. It was addicting almost. The author had captured the two of them so well, and put them in such awkward situations. It was hilarious, even more so when he could imagine the two of them joking around or acting in such a way. It was intriguing when it suddenly jumped to something more romantic. He had pictured it all too clearly. It had been 14 chapters of pure entertainment, and he still had a few chapters left to read!
 
His face turned red as he thought more about it. He couldn't read the rest. Jongup would have told Youngjae and everyone already right? ... Oh well, they had caught Yongguk-hyung reading fanfics before and got over it, so they'll get over him doing the same.
 
He waved a quick goodbye to the trainees and headed out the door.
 
The last thing he expected to see when he made it back to his dorm greeted him. 
 
Youngjae, Zelo, and Himchan-hyung had been watching a loud guns-blazing movie in the living room so he managed to slip past them easily, hiding his still red face. (He couldn't help but think more about that fanfic as he walked home, right?)
 
As soon as he entered his room though, what he saw shocked him. The boy of his current fascination was laying in his bed, hair and clothes ruffled as though he had been laying there for hours. His eyes were trained on a laptop screen.
 
It only took a few seconds for him to comprehend who's laptop the brunette had been reading from.
 
"Jo-Jongup!" Daehyun almost screeched as he dove across the room to try to pry the laptop from the younger's hands.
 
"Hyung!" Jongup was surprised at the sudden action but held onto the computer for dear life. They struggled for a minute over the laptop before Daehyun gave up. No matter how desperate he was, the younger was still stronger and it was already too late.
 
Dejected, Daehyun dropped his head and sat down on the corner of his bed. Jongup sat up to make room, but continued to read the laptop in front of him.
 
Daehyun finally glanced over at the younger boy who had one of those trademark brilliant smiles plastered on his face as he read. Before he knew it he was caught up in that smile. Sure he's seen it a thousand times, but somehow it felt different today. 
 
Jongup glanced his way and Daehyun realized that sometime during his staring contest with Jongup's teeth he had scooted closer. He blushed and looked away again. What was wrong with him today?
 
Jongup closed the laptop and set it down beside him, startling Daehyun. He leaned forward, closing the gap a bit more. Daehyun's face grew darker and his head turned the other way.
 
"Hyung," Jongup whispered out breathily, and leaned slightly closer still. Daehyun clenched his fist into the blanket.
 
"Hyung," Jongup repeated and leaned closer still. He reached his hand out to catch Daehyun under the chin. Daehyun jumped at the sudden warmth and almost backed away when the younger again repeated the word, dragging it out long and slow. He turned Daehyun's face towards him. He had moved closer still.
 
"Hyung, what did that story mean to you?" His chin and face were still directed towards the ever-closer younger but his eyes shot off in another direction as soon as the question was asked.
 
After a moment of silence Jongup tried again. "Hyung." Daehyun could feel the breathy word whispered across his face. The brunette was getting really close.
 
Daehyun finally gulped and shruged, his eyes still trained on the floor. He could feel each of Jongup's breaths dance across the skin around his mouth, across his lips.
 
"Hyung, look at me." Jongup whispered, his voice a bit deeper, huskier, than usual.
 
Unable to resist the temptation Daehyun looks. Jongup's eyes are half-lidded, staring intently at the older's plush lips. He has the faintest hint of a smile on his lips as he closes the last few few inches. He very slowly begins to move his lips and his hyung does the same.
 
Suddenly his lips stop moving and he pulls away. It had been nothing more than a short, chaste kiss, but both boys were terribly red by the end of it.
 
Jongup let go of Daehyun's chin and sat back up. He flipped the laptop back open and pulled it onto his lap. His eyes trailed back to the screen that he had been reading.
 
For a minute Daehyun didn't know what to do. He was in shock as he watched the younger simply go back to reading the guilty story. He was tempted to get up and leave the room, but he knew his face was still too red for that.
 
"Hyung," the younger met his eye for a brief second before looking back to the screen. He clicked the mousepad once then patted the blankets next to him. "It's the chapter you were reading."
 
Daehyun shook his head to get his nerves to settle down a bit before he scooted up next to the younger to read the rest of the story.

--

 

Click. The car paused in its mid-air jump.

"Did you guys hear something?" The black-haired boy turned to the other two. 
 
"What hyung?" The blue-haired kid chirped up. He hadn't heard anything and just wanted the movie to continue. (I mean come on, it was the middle of a high speed chase scene!)
 
"I thought I heard Daehyun yelling at Jongup...?" His voice lifted a bit, turning the statement into a question. Zelo just stares at him a few seconds before pursing his lips and shaking his head. He turned back to the paused screen, wishing for it to play again.
 
"It was probably nothing hyung." Youngjae voiced out while also staring at the frozen flying car, "Just some tires screeching in the movie."
 
Himchan shook his head and lifted up the remote. "Ok" and he began the film again.
 
As the car finished its short flight and landed on the television in front of them, no one noticed the smirk that rested on Youngjae's face.
 
 

Wow this er is wordy. Sorry about that! Hopefully I'll get better at writing these as I write more! Please tell me what you thought! Thoughts on how to improve are always nice!

I think I made Jongup a lot cooler than I was planning on making him...maybe I've been reading too many ChunJoe fics in honor of Teen Top's Miss Right Comeback! ok sorry. I hope you at least sort of liked it!