Chapter Ten: Knight Hunt

An Angel's Duty

Kyuhyun’s eyes fluttered open and he slowly sat up. He looked around at his surroundings and smiled a sleepy smile once he saw Heechul.

 

“Good morning Kyu.” Heechul said with the most sincere smile he could muster. It was killing him to be this nice but he wanted to overkill Kyuhyun with kindness so that Kyuhyun would fully bond with him.

 

“Why are you acting so nice today Chul?” Kyuhyun asked suspiciously as he rubbed his eyes to wake up.

 

“No reason. Do I have to have one?” Heechul said sweetly, secretly disgusted with himself for being so…pure.

 

“I tell you, sometimes, you are so weird.” Kyuhyun said as he stuck his tongue out at Heechul.

 

Heechul just laughed at the comment, even though inside, he wanted to smack Kyuhyun across the face for that comment.

 

“So…what are we doing today?” Kyuhyun asked curiously as he looked at his ‘beloved’ angel.

 

“We’re going to go knight hunting. We need to find more knights for our cause. Kangin and Leeteuk will be accompanying us today.” Heechul stated with a smile.

 

“Don’t you already have me though? And doesn’t Kangin have Teuk? Why do you need more knights?” Kyuhyun asked with an intrigued stare.

 

“Well Kyu, we have another dark angel searching for his knight out there. His name is Kibum. I promised him that we would help him find his knight once I found mine.” Heechul said.

 

Kyuhyun just nodded as he stood up next to Heechul and said, “Well, whenever you are ready to go Chul, I will follow you.”

 

Heechul then led his team outside on their knight search. Kangin, Leeteuk and Kyuhyun followed him silently, knowing that Heechul was very moody when bothered.

 

Eventually, they stumbled upon an unawakened knight that was still very human. He was lying in the grass, watching the clouds in the sky.

 

Heechul blocked his view as he stood over the new knight and said, “Hey you. Get up.”

 

The male lying in the grass suddenly jumped up, startled by the sudden appearance of this stranger. He eyed him warily and said, “I don’t take orders from weirdos like you.”

 

Heechul felt himself begin to lose his temper with just that one simple comment that this stranger made. “What is your name, you insolent brat?” he growled.

 

“What’s it to you? Why should I tell you?” the male asked as he stared right into Heechul’s eyes.

 

Heechul then lost his temper with the new male and snarled, “That’s it. I’ll FORCE you to tell me.”

 

Heechul then lifted his finger and caused the new male pain, just like he had when Kyuhyun wouldn’t awaken.

 

Kyuhyun watched the scene unfold before him and he suddenly felt like he had a case of déjà vu. He felt sympathy for the male in pain because he knew what it felt like to be hurt by a dark angel. Wait, how would he know that? His Heechul would never hurt him…

 

Kyuhyun then shook his head and refocused on the situation. As soon as Heechul stopped the pain, the new male choked out his name, “Ryeowook… I’m Ryeowook.”

 

Heechul nodded and then turned away from Ryeowook. He wondered what was the best way to get this new knight to awaken. He suddenly remembered what finally triggered Kyuhyun’s awakening: being attacked by another knight.

 

“Kyuhyun, attack Ryeowook. Force him to awaken.” Heechul ordered in a demanding voice.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Ryeowook and summoned his water sword obediently as his angel instructed. He lifted his arms and was about to strike a defenseless Ryeowook.

 

However, moments passed and he couldn’t bring himself to attack the new male. The sympathy he felt for the human stopped him from mindlessly attacking him.

 

As Kyuhyun was about to turn to Heechul to tell him that he couldn’t, a very angry looking Sungmin appeared between Kyuhyun and Ryeowook.

 

“Don’t you dare harm him Kyuhyun.” Sungmin growled, “I’m so disappointed in you.”

 

Kyuhyun glared at Sungmin and yelled, “So what is it to you what I do?!? Like you care!”

 

Sungmin’s voice softened as he said, “Of course I care Kyu.”

 

“Don’t you call me that! Only Chul is allowed to call me by that name!” Kyuhyun yelled at Sungmin. He lifted his sword to attack the light angel but just as he was about to bring the sword down on him, something within him stopped the attack.

 

Heechul noticed the hesitation within Kyuhyun and pulled him back towards him by the wrist. He then told Kangin, “Attack him now. He’s alone and defenseless!”

 

Kangin and Leeteuk nodded and summoned their ice swords. They began to rush towards Sungmin and when they reached him, they were suddenly thrown back by a gust of wind.

 

Sungmin turned around, bewildered by what had just happened. He saw Ryeowook had awakened and it was very obvious that he was the wind knight.

 

When Donghae and Hyukjae appeared on the scene as well, Heechul knew they were outmatched, even with a weakened fire knight. They were outmatched because Kyuhyun was no use at the moment due to his hesitation. The light angels also had the wind knight on their side now. He glared at them before saying, “Retreat!”

 

Kangin and Leeteuk quickly followed their leader as he ran away. However, Kyuhyun lagged behind. As he turned his head to look at Sungmin again, he saw the light angel hugging Ryeowook. Kyuhyun suddenly felt a twinge of jealousy and was bewildered, not knowing why he would have such emotions in his heart.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Based on the new addition, can you guess which pairing I will be adding in next? Yewook of course~ Hope you look forward to it! ^_^