Why didn’t you notice my love?

Why didn’t you notice my love?

 

Chapter 4: Favourite

Seungyeon’s POV

I finally finished showering and walked out from the bathroom. As I was looking for suitable clothes to wear, my room door was opened by someone. I turned back and realised that it was Seungyoon. She looked tired yet her face seemed happy. She was smiling without noticing me looking at her.

I felt jealous even deep inside my heart tried to deny it.

‘Aish, Seungyeon-ah. She’s your twin sister, not a stranger. You should be happy seeing her happy. It’s alright to sacrifice yourself for your beloved twin. Her happiness means your happiness too.’

“Hi, Seungyoon! You’re back,” I greeted and flashed my sweetest smile to her. She looked at me, shocked but then she was blushing.

“How long you’re there?” she shyly asked.

“Just a while. Seungyoon-ah, you look happy. Why?” I pretended curious.

“Unnie, what do you think about Donghae Oppa? I... I mean since we’ve known him for years. He’s nice, right?” she secretly smiled but I noticed it.

‘Yeah Seungyoon, you’re right. Who can resist his cuteness? His smile is very beautiful. Every time he’s smiling, my heart will beat faster than normal. I really hate this feeling but why can’t I get rid of it? I hate to admit that I’ve fallen in love with him, not now but since the first time we met. I wanted to tell him my feeling but before I could do it, he told me that he loves someone else and that someone is you, Seungyoon. It’s you. There’s nothing I can do. Nothing unless being a good listener and helper to him. Help him to get your heart. It’s really a difficult task for me to do but what should I do. Just ignore him? No, I can’t do that. Maybe this is just my one-sided love. If you do really love him, please take good care of him, Seungyoon. I’m happy to see you both happy. I wouldn’t mind to sacrifice my love because I know it won’t go anywhere. His love is just for you, not me. I accepted it.’

“Unnie... Unnie,” Seungyoon shook my body. I woke up from own thought. Luckily my eyes were not tearing even they started to feel hot.

“Are you okay?” she asked me, concerned.

“I’m... I’m fine. Why do you ask me that? What has happened?” I asked her, trying to change the topic.

“Nothing, I’m just asking. That’s... just because I feel uneasy every time he’s with me. This is not a bad feeling, but why does it feel so nice?” Seungyoon asked me while leaning her body on the wall. She looked up, faced the ceiling.

‘I know what do you mean, Seungyoon and that’s what I feel.’

“Don’t tell me that you’re...,” I paused, thinking the possibility.

“What? You mean in love with him? Unnie, I’ve treated him as my own brother,” she answered and took her towel.

“Or may be one day this feeling will change,” she softly said before entering the bathroom. Even her voice was soft but I could clearly hear it.

‘What did you say, Seungyoon? Change what? Are you falling in love with him too?’

Suddenly my hand phone vibrated. I took a glance at it and the screen shown a message. I took my phone and read the message.

Seungyeon, can we meet after school tomorrow? I need your help.  

From: Donghae Oppa

I replied ‘OK’ to him.

‘Meet? I wonder what kind of help he wants from me.’

~~Tomorrow, after school~~

“Oppa, sorry I’m late. Miss Kim asked me to help her earlier,” I apologised yet still panting hard as I was running fast to meet him. I’ve told Seungyoon that I had something to do after school and she won’t mind to go home alone.

“Never mind, I understand,” he said and stared at tired me.

“Are you okay now?” he asked. I slowly nodded my head.

“Oppa, don’t you have football practice today, like usual?” I asked, feeling curious. Seungyoon and I usually went home together without Donghae Oppa every Wednesday, knowing it was his football practice day.

“It was cancelled,” he replied.

“Ooohhh. So, where are we going?” I asked him back. He was just smiling at me before answering my question.

‘Please stop smiling!’

“Let’s go to the flower shop. I want to buy a flower for Seungyoon but I don’t know what to choose,” he shyly said while scratching the back of his head. I looked down, thinking how lucky my sister was to have Donghae.

“Seungyeon, can we go now?” Donghae continued. I lifted up my head and looked at him. I gave him a weak smile.

“Yes,” I answered. We both then walked together to the flower shop. No words came out from one of our mouths until we arrived there.

“Wow, so many flowers here! They’re all really beautiful and some of them smell nice,” he commented. I smiled looking at his childishness.

“So Seungyeon, what’s Seungyoon’s favourite?” he directly asked me. I kept in silent for a while and looked around.

“There,” I said while pointing straight at the red rosy rose.

“Wow, it looks beautiful! Beautiful like Seungyoon,” he softly said the last sentence but I could clearly hear it.

‘You’re right, Donghae Oppa. I admit that.’

“Miss, please wrap these roses. Give me 12 then, ok?” he ordered one of the florists. She just nodded her head, understood.

Meanwhile, I was walking around the shop and something had made me stop my steps. It was white rose, my favourite flower. I smiled myself while looking with full of interest. I was so engrossed until someone softly tapped my shoulder, making me quickly back to reality.

“Seungyeon, why did you look at this white rose? Don’t be offended but they aren’t look beautiful like those red roses. They look pale and so white,” he said. I looked at him and he stared me back.

“Do you want to know the differences of these two roses?” I asked him while smiling. He hurriedly shook his head, feeling too curious and interested.

“Red rose is viewed as a symbol of deep romantic love and desire. You’ve bought 12 roses and a dozen means I love you and signifies appreciation for their companionship,” I said.

“Oh really? I’ve made a right choice then. But how about the white one?” he impatiently asked, wanting to know more.

“While white rose represents purity, secrecy, and true love. It is also called ‘the flower of light’, means everlasting love - love stronger than death, an eternal love, undying and all sustaining,” I continued explaining to him. He seemed interested and nodded his head.

“I’ve never thought that colour also shows a deep meaning about love. You’re so genius, Seungyeon,” he complimented me. I was blushing hearing that.

“Nothing much, oppa. Just reading from somewhere,” I shyly said.

“So, what’s your favourite flower?” he suddenly asked me. I stared at him.

“I won’t tell you,” I said and walked away from him.

“Seungyeon-ah, just tell me,” he followed me behind.

“Nope, I won’t. I bet you’ll know it one day,” I smiled.

“Sir, here it is,” the florist finally handed over the red roses to Donghae Oppa and he then paid for them.

 

credit to:  http://www.flowermeaning.info/Red.php

http://www.flowermeaning.info/White.php