25

Secret Love

 

Lay stepped in his study alone, he had just dropped Heejin to her home after speaking to his parents. He didn’t know what to do.

But there was one thing that bothered him most.

Kai.

At first, he was okay with him but then Kai started to get close to Sejin. And he didn’t like it. He didn’t like the way Kai looked at Sejin.

It made him feel annoyed.

He didn’t even know why.

And yet there was this thing about Heejin and his parents. He had no idea how to fix the issue. Even Sejin had walked out earlier.

He sat down and rubbed his temples.

“Yixing?” He heard the doors creak open, Sejin was looking at him.

“Sorry, I don’t know what came to me.” She said, he nodded and motioned for her to come in.

“What happened?” She asked.

“They want me to break things up with Heejin.”

Sejin’s eyes widened.

“I--”

“I can’t do that.” He shook his head, then he stood up.

“You’ll help me…right?”

Sejin nodded as Lay took both of her hands then he gently wrapped his arms around her. Sejin swallowed.

“I can’t just give her up, Sejin. I love her.”

“I know, you shouldn’t.” Sejin said as she leaned on his shoulder, while trying to stop her tears.

 

Lay stepped inside the hall filled with guests with Sejin on his arm. It was LG’s release party and the couple needed good press.

“Can you see Lulu ge?” She asked, Lay shook his head and wrapped one arm around her waist.

“I don’t like these kind of parties.” She grumbled, Lay chuckled then he smiled as he recognized a few familiar faces, some started to murmur. Sejin shook her head.

“I told you this was a bad idea.”

“Bao bei, please just smile and look happy.”

“I am not happy, I prefer to stay home-”

“That we are all aware of, mei.” A voice joined them from behind, Luhan grinned at her and opened his arms to her.

“Gege.” She smiled in relief and hugged him.

“Are you okay?” Luhan whispered.

“Sort of.” Sejin stiffened and pulled away, Luhan smiled and squeezed her shoulders.

“Are you two both doing well? I saw the article.” Luhan asked in a low tone.

“I can’t reach Heejin, ge. I don’t know how to deal with this.” Lay shook his head and placed one arm around his fiance again. Luhan nodded and looked at his cousin.

“Howon’s here, mei. I just wanted to warn you.”

“Why is he here?” Yixing asked, Sejin bit her lip.

“His firm had brought in a lot of sales, my secretary sent him an invite. I didn’t even know until now.”

 

“You’re going to be fine. I’m here.” Lay rubbed her back as they went to get some drinks.

“I know, but I don’t like seeing him. I even asked Hyorin to take the project for me.” She frowned.

“You have to stop frowning, I don’t like it.”

Sejin shrugged, Lay pulled her back and made her face him.

“Smile.” He nudged her, Sejin shook her head and gave in.

“Happy now, Xingnicorn?” She made a face at him, Lay smiled and took her hand.

“Sort of, come on. Let’s get you something to eat.”

 

Lay was chatting with Luhan when Sejin saw Kris and Sehun talking with Chanyeol near one of the buffet tables.

“I’ll go to Kris gege.” She said before walking to them, she smiled as she recognized a few of their business partners.

“Gege.” She grinned as she reached the three.

“Are you okay? I saw the news.” Sehun looked at her worriedly.

“We’ve already fixed the issue, Sehunnie.” She nodded, Chanyeol grinned.

“Then, we can celebrate with a-”

“Sejin-ah, I rarely see you nowadays.”

Sejin froze as she saw Howon standing before them.

“You know him, Sejinnie?” Chanyeol turned to her.

She couldn’t pull away with all the people observing her.

“Can I talk to her for a while? She’s the one designing my office.” Howon smiled at the three.

“Mei,” Kris turned to her.

“She can’t.”  Sejin felt and arm around her waist.

Yixing stared at Howon icily. Sejin turned away.

“Stop bothering her, please.”

“Right, I forgot you two are engaged.” Howon smiled at him.

“Good you remember now, I need to take my fiance now.” Lay smiled back and pulled Sejin away.

The two made their way towards the exit.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see him approaching you.”

Sejin shook her head.

“Yxing-”

Lay smiled and gently wrapped his arms around her.

 

“Stop shaking, he can’t touch you anymore.”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++