Surprise, Surprise *

Running Wild

_____ BAEKHYUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW ____

In a second I had my hands to my back, chained together by the most uncomfortable thing you could think of. "You know, kid? All the police at the stations were looking. They were about to put "Wanted" signs all over the internet." One of them mumbled. This is what happened when you said, "I did it! I crashed into the Song family's daughter!" and only that. I saw Hyukjin out of the corner of my eye. One part of me told me to run and the other told me I would be whipped if I did so. He approached, staring intently at me then to the policemen. "This is my brother. I'm truly sorry for all the trouble he's caused. I would like to have a word with him." The two policemen backed off. I guess they knew what an angry brother looked like. I opened my mouth to speak and Hyukjin grabbed me by my collar, his fist veiny and rock-hard. He whispered angrily, "In the car, I told myself I would find you and be sorry. Now I'm just sorry I wasted my time getting involved." I didn't realize how scared I was at that exact moment. "I sped away." I replied, sighing. He let go of my collar. I hugged him. Not because I wanted to prove I was a good kid, but because I couldn't remember the last time I had hugged him and I was so glad he was here. "How did you find me, hyung?" I asked finally. "I didn't." He answered, simply. "I only went toward where the ruckus was at." He smiled, trying not to, but I knew he couldn't help it. We continued talking for about 30 minutes and I didn't want him to leave but he did. "I need to go. I would bring you with me, but.." He motioned at the policemen staring coldly at us. I was left again.

The policemen were keeping me from everyone entering the hospital when Mrs. Song approached me and made a hand gesture for the policemen that meant "leave us alone for a second." They obeyed and began talking to each other from the check-in counter. She said, "Follow me, Byun Baekhyun." She walked down the hall and opened the door a quiet room considering all of the other roosolidms had elderly people complaining or mothers giving birth. As soon as I entered, I couldn't stop staring. Jieun was layed sleeping, every foot of her was covered in everything you would never want to see your ex-best friend/ex-girlfriend in. Mr. Song was kneeling in next to the bed, putting a cup of water on her table. Mrs. Song whispered, "Changsoo!" He immediately looked up and nodded, leaving the room. "This is serious." Mrs. Song said, looking straight at me. "Do you see now what damage you have done?!" She raised her voice, hitting my arm harder than she last did years ago. I couldn't hesitate or I'd look like a fool. "Chisamnida." Was all I could think of. " Jieun's appa yelled at first, but then went on in a whisper, "Are you crazy?! You could've killed them!" We argued more and I knew that would get me nowhere. I finally concluded, "I know, I know. I wasn't supposed to be around her. I promise it was a coincidence. You both know I live near the Han River. I was driving to get away from home for a bit." I bowed deeply. When Mrs. Song was about to hit me on the arm again, I crouched down and was on my knees. It was hard considering my arms were still handcuffed. "Mr. and Mrs. Song! Please help me. I promise to stay away from them and not bother them ever again! I can't let my brother be disappointed in me again. Don't press charges." I begged with every ounce of me. I was so relieved I could faint. No huge bill would be sent to my house. We heard Jieun stir and Mrs. Song pushed me aside and sent me back to the police, rushing back to Jieun's room to help her. 

The police weren't any nicer than they were before. They took my cuffs off, but their voices still echoed through the hall, giving me huge migraines. I wasn't paying attention until the guy that was in the car with Jieun before we crashed came to say hi. He looked like a rich spoiled kid and out of habit, I laughed and smirked thinking of the time when me and Jieun were laying on my roof and she told me that she was glad I wasn't a stubborn rich kid. The fact hit me harder than it shoud've. Jieun was engaged. And there was nothing I could do about it. I had just promised Mr. and Mrs. Song that I would never go near her again. I was suddenly apologizing. Then I was suddenly on the floor, staring at the guy like a monster. He had just punched me and left. 

 

_____ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW ____

So.. Why was I in the middle of the street again? I hit myself in the forehead with my sweaty palm. I was being stupid and not thinking. I was about 6 blocks from Hyukjin's house already, there was no use going back. I had the determination to find Baekhyun. The cops might find me, I realized, ducking in the bushes as cars went by. I almost had a heart attack when a car stopped in front of the bush I was behind. 

"I've been looking for you. I knew you'd be out here." A familiar voice said, coming closer. I froze, thinking that maybe I had been caught for a change and would be sent home to get beat by my drunk father. I was so paranoid, I didn't realize the face in front of the bushes was Hyukjin's. I nearly screamed, running over to hug him. I was so glad for all sorts of reasons. I let out a sigh of relief, letting the smokey vapor from the cold escape my mouth. We rushed back into the car and drove back as he explained. "He did run away, or try. On his way out of town, he crashed into his ex and her boyfriend... I can see it in his eyes that he still loves her a lot." He sighed, tapping the steering wheel like they were drums as we were trapped at a stop light. "You seem happy though." I noted, giving him a small smile. He scoffed, "I'm just relieved Baek's okay. And his ex is too. I knew her really well. I just was lucky I bumped into him as I was going to see how she was doing." He started rambling and I laughed because I felt like I knew him more because of this. I decided to ask, "Why did Baekhyun and his ex ever break up?" The car began feeling cold, that's how long it took him to reply. "Jieun—uh, his ex—her parents hated them together. They pretty much forced her away from him. Even then, they snook and dated by having secret calls at 2am, but her parents eventually found out. She's kept inside like a prisoner, honestly." He said, shaking his head slightly. "I thought Baekhyun forgot about her and I guess he thought he forgot too. But after he saw her last night, he went crazy." I understood clearly. "...I just.. Still hope one day they can be together. If I said I've never saw two people meant to be, I'd be lying." He added. I laughed, thinking of my friend Jieun. Then it hit me. Strict parents, ex-boyfriend, Jieun!! Song Jieun, the child of the rich and famous Songs, was my best friend!! I sat there with my eyes widened.

I couldn't believe it. For two whole days (seemed like forever), I had thought Byun Baekhyun was a crazy party animal that loved to piss his brother off and I had no idea he was my best friend's ex-boyfriend that she always talked about. And I thought Byun Hyukjin only stayed in the same house as Baekhyun because he was the only family he had but.. Wow... It's a small world.

I decided not to tell Hyukjin because I didn't want to be telling Jieun what Baekhyun said or telling Baekhyun what she was up to. We crept into the house, still talking as I slowly ignored the facts. "Thanks for worrying about us." Hyukjin said as he glanced at the uneaten food on the table. I grinned satisfied, "Well, it's been a blast staying here." I kicked off my boots and layed myself out on the couch. "Yeah..." He replied awkwardly, heating up our plates in the microwave. It was quiet for a few minutes as I was about to doze off. Suddenly, Hyukjin hesitated and then said, "Me and Baekhyun.. I think we'd be happy if you permanantly stayed." I was about to fall off the couch. Did these guys know how much trouble I could get them into?!