It's Time *

Running Wild

_______ JIEUN'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

Sitting down at the restaurant's biggest table, I didn't know what to expect. The family hadn't arrived yet and my parents said they lived pretty far away. Would he be nice? Shy or outgoing? Polite or rude? I sighed and slunk down in my seat.

"Jieunnie-ah~ Get up and bow, our guests are arriving." My father warned me and stood up politely to call them over. I groaned and pushed my chair out to stand up and bow to the family. I saw their son and looked away quickly, so much for eye contact. I had to admit.. He was adorable and I kept wanting to look at him more and more. His hair looked so perfect and he had a soft smile. "Annyeonghaseyo. Song Jieun imnida." I said, not needing to say anything more and sat down in my chair. I had stay in control and keep myself from spazzing in my seat. I didn't know what he thought of me though.. He kept staring at me, but what kind of stare was that? What if it was the bad kind, oh god! I used the restaurant's menu to cover my face until my mother pushed aside the menu gently and introduced me to the other parents. 

She put her arm around my neck and said, "Jieun's a grammar school teacher. She's very very smart." Ugh, there's mom exaggerating again. My father finished my mother's sentence. "She'll be a very good wife. She's always been really loyal to us without us even asking! She's just a little shy though." The parents all chuckled and his parents patted his back so he would look up. "Ah, Chanho owns one of our businesses. He's a good business man." His father stated with a smile. His smile seemed fake though, I could always read expressions pretty well and I wasn't stupid. I couldn't help myself though, I didn't really like his parents. I mimicked my mother's smile and spotted Chanho looking at me again from the corner of my eye. "Let's eat, shall we?" Chanho's mother said, raising her hand slightly to summon a waiter. A waiter rushed to us, probably because they knew Chanho's parents or something, and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo. Woosung imnida. I'll be serving you today. Are you all ready to order?" The waiter kept smiling and looking at me and I realized how long I haven't been out like this. After all of the parents had ordered, they continued talking as Chanho and I stayed silent. Chanho's parents noticed shortly after and whispered something to Chanho.

He came over to sit next to me shortly after and hesitated. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. I still couldn't speak, my throat was dry and it was beginning to feel awkward. I took a sip of water and held it in between my fingers, expecting myself to need another sip. The next thing I knew, the water was all over the floor and some of it had spilled on his fancy slacks. My mother laughed and said between gritted teeth, "Yah.. Jieun.." All my father could do was laugh, but I could see him beginning to sweat. "My apologies!" I said to him and his family before placing a cloth napkin on his pants to soak up the water. "I'm so clumsy, mianhe." I kept repeating it over and over again before he placed his hand on mine. "Don't worry about it, I don't like wearing suits much anyways." He whispered to me as I was crouching down on the floor. I couldn't help but keep smiling. "There's no problem!" His dad reassured my parents and called a waiter over to do it. "Jieun's an angel, she probably didn't mean it." Chanho's mother nodded. "Chanho-ah, go to the bathroom and fix yourself up please." 

After he had returned, we talked more until the food came and I was happy to have come.

 

_______ JIA'S POINT-OF-VIEW _______

I let Hyukjin direct me to the enterance of the club right before he asked me for something I hadn't done in while - use my convincing stories to fool clueless guards. I tapped one of the guards on the shoulder and entered my adorable charming world. Haha, they were completely falling for it. With one eye on Hyukjin sneaking through the enterance and one eye on the guards who were listening intently to my story, I hesitated before turning around. I bent over, pretending to be reading a text and then put my invisible phone in my front pocket. The guards who were wearing sunglasses didn't suspect a thing. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry to have wasted your time! I guess I was a bit mistaken.. My mother called and said everything's fine. Have a good night and thank you for being so generous." I flashed a smile at them before sheepishly walking out on purpose to add extra effect. Falling over, this tall man suddenly crashed into me and left me on the floor with him on top of me. It took me a few seconds to realize it was Baekhyun. 

"Baek.. Hyun?!" Immediately I knew that he was in a rush to get away from someone. A minute later, Hyukjin came running towards us with a mad face that looked like a windshield wiper couldn't even swipe it away. Oh. That person that he was trying to get away from was his brother. He was angry, more than that and all Baekhyun could do was look at me where I had fell, completely mortified. I was starting to pity him, but I looked away and murmured, "Please get off of me." He did as he was told and I brushed myself off. Hyukjin grabbed Baekhyun's shoulder and spun him around, staring at him with his eyes on fire. Before Baekhyun could finish speaking, Hyukjin barked. "Shut up. Get in the car. You're not ever leaving our house."

We sat in silence, the tension building up to the point where it caved over the car. I sighed. "..I'm really sick of fighting.." I said almost in a whisper, setting my elbow beneath the car window. They both heard me though and the car halted in the smooth pavemented drive way. They all got out of the car with serious, almost scary, expressions on their faces and went inside without a word.

I was tired, restless really, but I didn't know where to sleep. Was there a guestroom upstairs? Do I crash on the couch? I laid on the couch that swallowed me in comfortableness and drowsiness. Both of the boys were upstairs, I think? I crashed a few minutes after without realizing. I woke up feeling a hand grab my wrist and my eyes flew open to meet Baekhyun's. "Come with me." He commanded, pulling on my wrist. I followed him upstairs to his room, almost tripping on the stairs because of how tired I was. It had to be like 4 AM or something! We reached his room and Baekhyun looked outside. "I'm so sick of it too.. So sick of everything. I hate everyone. I hate myself. I can't do anything right." He breathed without looking at me. Then I noticed him rubbing the scars on his forearm and hair pricked on my spine. Did he cut? How miserable was he? I remembered how he had left the house before even knowing my name. This kid was desperate. I didn't say anything but, "I know how it... feels." He laughed, a forced laugh, and looked me straight in the eye. "You're the expert." He hesitated.

"Help me.." He bit his lip. "Help me run away."