12 Handsome Brothers of the Zodiac

'Light'

 

Baekhyun is cooking like he does every morning when I walk in and announce that I want food. “Oppa, what’s for breakfast.”

“I feel like you only use me for food Sora.”

I pout to him, and shake my head. “I don’t you’re the only one I can stand in this place… you know your special right?” I wink jokingly.

He smirks and points towards the door where Kai is in his dog form. His big puppy like eyes catch me and I suddenly feel like a bad human. “Now look what you did honey, you made the pet jealous.” Baek says behind me, no really taking much notice of Kai.

Kai growls deep and then comes towards my legs rubbing his warm fur around me. “Kai… I’m sorry.”

He turns into a human as I bend down to pat his head and he smiles. “Can you call me oppa, just once… kind of like an apology?”

I make a weird face trying to imagine calling a High Schooler oppa. Then stomach it for Kai. “Sorry oppa, I won’t ever say Baek is my favourite again.”

“You even call him Baek… pff.” He looks away.

I giggle and pat his head. “Awww, is our little puppy jealous?”

“He is, but this little bunny is even more jealous!! Call me oppa too!” Luhan says appearing out of nowhere and picking me up off the floor. “Please, just once!”

“Oppa… please put me down.” I try to control my expression.

He puts me down then jumps around. “Baekhyun isn’t the only special one anymore! Booya!”

He runs out the room and I look to Kai and Baekhyun who are both as confused by the weird rabbit as I am. “So, breakfast…” I say with a grin.

“Okay, I’ll make you pancakes… but Sora, later can we take a walk into the city, I need to visit somewhere.” Baekhyun says with a smile.

I nod and take a seat on the counter. “No problem, where do you need to go?”

“This body is telling me I have to go, something in Baekhyun’s mind…” He answers in deep thought.

I look to Kai, who shrugs his shoulders and then I say. “It’s weird when you talk about yourself in the 3rd person.”

“Sora, you have to remember that although we take these bodies for our time on earth, they still have some thoughts and feelings…” Baek says seriously.

“But nothing they’d remember… at the upmost they’d have some sort of Déjà vu… if they live long enough to experience it.” Kai tries to explain in more detail for me to understand.

I nod, I don’t really want to know all the gory details. I think they told me before about the fact they give some humans borrowed time to see their loved ones. But I don’t want to know anything about the real owners of the bodies, it’ll be too weird.

 

 

 

Baekhyun and I get ready to leave, it’s just before lunch and he insists he’s going to buy me something delicious for going with him, where ever we’re going? We walk in silence and I sense something strange is going to happen. “Baekhyun oppa… I’m a little bit worried. I didn’t want to say anything but I think your acting strange.”

“I’m fine.” He says in a monotone voice.

“Oh…” I say and just follow him in silence.

After a while he stops and clenches his head. “I understand.” He says with gritted teeth. “I’ll wait here.”

“Who are you talking to?”

“Baekhyun.” He says with closed eyes.

“You can communicate with them too, it’s not just thoughts and feelings that you can feel??” I say with wide eyes.

He shakes his head. “They don’t usually come out unless they form a strong enough emotion, there must be something important here.”

“Hyuniie…” A voice trails off from behind. “Is that you?”

I look to see a beautiful girl with big eyes and long black hair. “Hyeri…”

“You know her?” I ask with a curious expression.

She looks at me with hurt eyes. “I thought you’d died, and yet here you are with another girl!”

“Omo…” I say backing out of the conversation.

He walks towards her and pleads. “No, she’s not anything… just a friends sibling. I swear!”

I felt that pang in my chest.

“Oh really, why didn’t you contact me, it’s been months since…” She goes quiet and then looks away from him. “You’re parents think you’re gone too… or are they lying to me?”

He shakes his head. “I’ll tell you everything, please just—listen to me?”

She looks back to me and I give an awkward wave.

“That’s Sora by the way, she’s kind of involved in the story I have to tell you.” Baek explains.

She nods and says softly. “I missed you so much.”

He smiles and pulls her into a hug.

So I’m guessing that’s the REAL Baekhyun’s girlfriend. Weird, she said they thought he was dead. Maybe this ties in with the whole borrowed time things…

 

Part 2;

 

We’re at a café nearby, Beakhyun has ordered us all coffees, well except me as I don’t like the stuff. “So, are you going to tell me why you’ve gone crazy recently?” Hyeri asks with a serious expression.

“I was in an accident… it was horrible, I thought I was ripped apart, I was in so much pain…” He starts when he gets a pain in his head. “It was… a train, it collided with my car on the way to pick you up.”

Hyemi nods. “I know, you’re car was found smashed up.” She tears up.

“I remember lying there and looking at the sky, the car was pieces and so was I… it was hard to breathe, hard to see but I could. There was a bright shining light on me, like the train was still in front of me, with its bright head lights. I tried to move, but I was paralysed. When I closed my eyes, I saw the image of a Rooster leisurely scampering around a farm… I opened my eyes thinking I was mad and I could stand. All of a sudden my body felt together again.” He stops and I see something in his eyes… like it’s not the Baekhyun I usually have cook me my breakfast, like he’s a completely different person.

I put my hand up on his shoulder. “You’ve never told me any of this…”

When he turns to me to answer, his eyes are normal again. “It’s not my story to tell.” He looks to the floor. “It’s Baekhyun’s…”

“You’re talking nonsense. How could you survive that! You’re lying.” Hyeri says standing up and pointing at us.

His eyes change and he stands up to grab her. “I’m not, I’m on borrowed time here… that creature chose me so I could tell the ones I love goodbye.”

Hyeri scoffs at him. “Creature?! What...”

“The chicken.” He pleads. “I’ll show you everything! Please—believe me.”

She looks to me and I nod. “The creature part is true, although I don’t know much about the previous body owners… the creatures have given Baekhyun and 11 others another hand of cards.”

“And if I go with you now, can you come home to me when we’re done?” She asks.

Beak sits back down. “Can I?” He asks.

Then he shakes his head. “I’m sorry Baek, but this is just borrowed time. It wouldn’t be fair on Hyeri or your family.”

“That’s not fair.” He protests against himself.

Then he sighs. “I’m sorry, I know it’s not fair… I’m sorry I chose you.”

He starts to flare up. “Why did you choose me?! Why couldn’t I have died there on that railway track!”

“Calm down…” He suddenly says composed. “We’re drawn to those who will help us learn.”

I look at him, as he experiences his multiple personality disorder. Hyeri just looks intrigued and yet irritated. “I think you need to sort yourself out Baekhyun, you look like a psycho.”

“Please just understand him.” I suddenly get involved. Curse my stupid mouth. “He’s not a psycho, I’ve witnessed it all too Hyeri-ssi.”

“Don’t try and talk to me like we’re friends.” She says to me sternly.

I scoff at her. “You want me to talk to you like a stranger? Fine. Baek you don’t need this, neither of you do.” I grab his arm and pull him up and out of the chairs. “She wouldn’t understand.”

Baekhyun suddenly seems hurt. “I thought she of all people would understand.”

“Looks like you were wrong.” I say as we turn to walk away.

Suddenly there’s a screech from a moving chair across the floor. “You’ve got 1 hour.”

Baekhyun turns back with a glimmer of hope in his face. “That’s all I need.”

She walks towards us and looks at me. “You, realise he’s my boyfriend.”

“I understand completely.” I smile and bite my tongue in victory.

 

 

 

Part 3;

 

Baek has taken us back to our house. He’s rounding up as many brothers as he can, which amounts to Suho, D.O, Chanyeol and himself, since all the others are either in school, working or Kris. “Brothers I need a favour.”

“Baek who is this?” Suho asks motioning to the girl.

“She’s Baekhyun’s girlfriend.” He answers like he’s not Baek himself.

They all exchange awkward glances and then look to me. “Don’t ask me…” I sigh.

“You need to show her our powers.”

Suho jumps forward putting his hand over Baek’s mouth.

“What powers would they be?” D.O says with a cheeky grin.

Baekhyun pushes Suho off of him and says with haste. “I only have an hour to prove to her I’m not crazy!”

In a flash the brothers picked up Baekhyun and carried him away into another room to talk. I look to Hyeri and say. “They’re all a bit weird.”

“Psycho more like.”

I look away from her and hope the boys come back, because right now the tension is HIGH.

“I’ve had enough, I’m going this is stupid I shouldn’t have followed you crazy people here.” She gets up and I’m desperate to help Baekhyun.

“No, you can’t leave.”

She looks to me disgusted. “Why not?”

“Because you need to talk to Baekhyun first!”

“Why should I? He’s not the guy I was dating… I feel like it was better when I thought he was dead.” She spits at me.

I stand up and slap her face, then feel a bit guilty after but I don’t let it show. “Look. You thought he was dead. Right? So surely this should be a miracle! How long has it been since you’ve seen him? Of course he’s going to change!” I point my finger at her and say quietly. “He is a nice guy, you’re lucky to have his affection. If I were you, I’d take this miracle and use as much of it as you can. I don’t understand those guys either but… I do know get one thing. They’re on borrowed time. Baekhyun won’t be here forever.”

“What do you mean? He said something about powers too… wouldn’t you think the same as me? Think he’s crazy?! If he was normal he would have come home after the accident, why would he let me and his family worry about him?” She starts to tear up.

I put my hand on her shoulder and say. “Look I’m sorry I hit you just now but… if you give him a chance he can tell you himself.”

“I don’t want to know all the silly details and strange talk of powers. I just want him to come back to me.” She confesses. “Not once since I saw him today has he told me he’ll come home.”

“I can’t come home.” He appears from behind her. “I’m sorry but I have to stay here for the time being. But when my time is up, I’ll make sure to leave him with you.”

She wipes away her, now overflowing, tears and wraps her arms around him. “If it’s only borrowed time, I better start now right?”

He nods. “I’ll let you have Baekhyun back properly soon, okay?”

She backs away from him and says in a weary voice. “I don’t understand any of this. And if I’m honest I don’t really want to. But—I want my Baek back.”

Baekhyun smiles and nods. “Okay.”

They hug again and I smile and lean back against Chanyeol who I only just realised was there. “Woah, you sneak up on people fast.”

“How do you think Tiger’s take their prey…” He growls under his breath. “Make me a sandwich.”

I look at him and then move away. “No.”

He growls to me and then picks me up throwing me over his shoulder. “Fine, I’ll make you make me a sandwich.”

I punch his back and then shout. “That’s so much wasted effort you might as well make it yourself!!”

I look up and see Baekhyun, his eyes are different again. It’s not the creature right now, it’s really him. I wonder if they have similarities, when he came out earlier he wasn’t horrible to me… in fact he catered to my needs too. Maybe, they’re all taking a backseat whilst these creatures are using their bodies? Well, either way just like Hyeri, I don’t want to know any more than what I do… I’m scared I might end up hating them, or worse… being afraid of them. 

 

 

 

 

 

**************************************************************************

Sora's Diary Entry: 4

What a long day~~~ I hate that awful tiger! He's so pushy, and i actually ended up making him and sandwich i just want to kick him so hard in his 'private' section he'd cry for 40 days and 40 nights. Sighs~~~** I hope Hyeri and Baekhyun will work everything out, i think they made a great couple. Hey, Diary, do you think when Baek leaves his body will be dead? He was in a terrible accident afterall. Maybe the other brothers share similar stories and fate? Maybe it'll be a good thing if that Chanyeol fell off a cliff and right now thanks to the creature he's in a continuous fall until the brothers leave then he'll hit and die. WAIT, i forgot Chanyeol might not be as bad as the Tiger... Oh, i feel like a horrible person now. 

Maybe he'll forgive me.....

 

**************************************************************************

 

 

Next Chapter: 'Time Control'