Dare or Dare

Dare or Dare?

Daehyun laughed as he put his food down on one of the tables in cafetaria. His friends, Jongup and Yongguk were following beind him with similar laughs as Daehyun.

“God,” He said, between his laughs. “Yongguk, you really are something. How did you do that to Mr. Lee? That’s hilarious.” He clapped his hand several times as he laughs. He still couldn’t forget how ashamed Mr. Lee’s face when he realized there was pink, sticky, bubble-gum waste on the chair he sat on—resulting the thing was now stuck on his pants.

Yongguk smiled proudly. “I am the bravest among us. Of course I can do things like that!” He exclaimed, complimenting himself.

Jongup scoffed and rolled his eyes, chose to start eating his chocolate cake. “So overrated.” He stated, swallowing the chocolate cake before his mouth opened again, “I can do such things as well. We should do a test to prove who’s the bravest man among us.”

Daehyun glanced at Jongup, “Test to prove? What are you, five years old?” He asked saracastically. Daehyun actually always up for challange; it’s just funny how such words came up from his friend. “That’s childish. But I’m always up for that.”

Jongup ignored the sarcasm, and explained what he meant instead. “It’s not only Yongguk that could do hilarious things; I can, too. Which I did several times, even to teacher.” He said, feeling proud of himself.

“Whatever you say, Jongup. You guys are lame, okay? I’m up for any challange. That’s gonna prove that I’m actually bravest, the-most-hilarious, the-most-rebel, or whatever.” Daehyun patted his own chest—competitive as ever.

Yongguk bursted into laugh, “What are you, five years old?! But—really, if you say so, I do have a good challange for you.” He smirked, glancing at Jongup who also had the same devilish face. “You up for that?”

“Of course, duh. Are we really going to do it, now? Dare or Dare?” Daehyun rolled his eyes, feeling confident of this old-school game these three like to play together.

The smirk didn’t go off Yongguk’s face, even for a second. “Yes. Dare or Dare.”

 

-oo-

Daehyun walked through the hallway, biting his lower lip. He was on his way to his homeroom. He usually goes with Yongguk and Jongup but they said they had things to do at the library, for their science project they said.

Science project your . He scoffed. His mind drifted to yesterday, how he was carelessly said that he would accept any challange they gave to him.

“Jung Daehyun?”

His thought snapped right away as he heard someone called his name. He didn’t even realize he was in front of his locker already. Daehyun shook his head before looking at the person greeted him, widening his eyes a bit. “O-Oh, yeah. Hey.”

It was Yoo Youngjae; one of Daehyun’s classmate in homeroom. They didn’t talk much to each other and Daehyun didn’t really care about that. Rumour said that Yoo Youngjae had a giant crush on him but that’s not proven so Daehyun always chose to swing that away. “I didn’t know you take bus number 110.” Youngjae said, rather almost inaudible.

Daehyun hummed, “Yes—actually I’ve been taking that bus ever since, but not at that hour, like, never. I took the next bus.” He explained, referring to another bus 110 that came fifteen minutes later after the bus Youngjae’s talking about. “I’ve never seen you in that area before.”

He could see the younger’s nervousness. His face and ears were reddening, and eyes averting Daehyun. “Oh—Really? I do go out a lot, though...” He said and looked up, but not lasting for even three seconds because their eyes met and Youngjae looked away again.

Daehyun clicked his tongue. What’s wrong with this boy? Frowned, he asked, “Why are you avoiding eye contact like that? I won’t bite you.” Daehyun’s not fond of that kind of treatment.

“I-I’m sorry.” He quickly apoligized, eyes looking anywhere but Daehyun. “It’s just—uhm...” The bell suddenly rang before Youngjae could finish his sentence so he just, naturally, wrapping up the conversation. “T-The bell rang, I should go.” Youngjae mumbled, without second glance, he walked quickly toward the homeroom, leaving Daehyun in confusion.

 

-oo-

“Daehyun!” Yongguk and Jongup grinned as they came to Daehyun’s seat. The bell just rang, signing that the first break time has just started. Both of them almost burst out laughter seeing the frown on Daehyun’s face.

“God no, go away.” Daehyun hissed, looking at his friends in disbelief.

Yongguk wrapped his arm around Daehyun’s shoulder. “Don’t be that cold to us,” He cooed. “How is it? Done your dare already?”

The brunette shrugged the question off. “Don’t have chance to do it.”

Jongup laughed, “You said you’re up for every challange. We give you hard one, and you quit in just one day.” He stated, half provoking.

“Shut up,” He groaned. “I’ll do it, just wait, !” Daehyun stood up from his seat and walked out from the class. Both of his hands shoved into his pocket, and his mind was screaming curse words toward his two-devil-friends.

 

(Flashback)

Daehyun smirked, feeling so confident for every challange Jongup and Yongguk might think of. Teasing girls—or even boys. Make fun of teachers? That’s easy, even the headmaster; if Yongguk and Jongup had the balls to.

“We’re taking turns I guess,” Jongup nodded at his own statement before looking at Daehyun. “Feeling good for taking first turn?”

“Hell yeah,” Daehyun nodded. “Go and think whatever devil dare you two could think of.” He said, his voice didn’t waver at all—he’s just so confident and feel so up for challanges. He didn’t know what actually await him.

Jongup pulled Yongguk by his shoulder and whispered things to him before both of them bursted into laugh. “Jongup, you’re so—unbelieveable.” Yongguk commented, smirking toward Daehyun

Daehyun raised an eyebrow, he had a slight bad feeling about what about to come. “Just tell me, stop laughing like that.” He scoffed, annoyed by how both of them laugh at him. Especially Yongguk looked so creepy with all those laugh.

“Daehyun, you do know one of our classmates, Yoo Youngjae, right?” Jongup asked, kinda out of the blue. “The one that probably date with his book.”

Daehyun rolled his eyes, trying to picture the person Jongup talked about before nodding his head. “Well yeah, what about him?” He asked, then looked at Jongup and Yongguk’s creepy face. “Oh no, no, and no. You’re not making me date him.”

“Oh yes.” Yongguk smirked. “Date him for like, two months. Come on Daehyun. You know how he developed a gigantic crush on you.” He teased, nudging Daehyun’s sides. “You can’t tell him it’s a dare, but at your third month anniversary, bring him to a date, break up with him, and tell him it’s only a dare.”

“It is going to be so fun, Dae. It’s just freaking two months.” Jongup said, as if it was the most hilarious thing ever. “Look, if you nailed it, me and Yongguk are going to treat you with whatever food you like for a month.”

“Wait what? We didn’t agree for this.” Yongguk glared at Jongup, but only a got a simple hush. “Yeah whatever. Just do it, Daehyun. Only for two months; and you got to dry our wallet for a month. That’s just a great deal.”

Daehyun pressed his lips in a thin line, looking at both of his friends in disbelief. “Guys, we have this beautiful and most popular girl Park Sooyoung in our class and you wanted me to date Yoo Youngjae? No offense, but he liked me, easy catch.”

“If that’s easy catch, you should be able to do it.” Jongup exclaimed, laughing at his own statement. “This is going to be hilarious. We’ll be waiting for the good news.

 

(Flashback End)

Daehyun gave his own temple a light massage, a soft sigh escaped his lips as he remembered about what happened yesterday. It’s okay if the dare only made him to do fake confession or something. But, dating for two months? And saying it’s all just a dare at the monthsary date?

Daehyun had been playing around with girls and guys but he never actually fell in love. This is going to be complicated.


a/n: hello... so, yes, I happen to stumbled on this old story of mine. Lots of things came up and I just lost all the will of writing that I used to have. I did write, but mostly one-shots. Anyway, I planned to do some re-works on this fic so it could be better for old or new reader. There might be slight differences. Anyway, thank you for those who has been supporting, i hope i could do my best for you. And last, please subs, votes, and comments are highly appreciated. Thank you! ^^