Fake Confession

Dare or Dare?

Daehyun released a long sigh. It was lunch break right then, but he didn’t really want to eat—or actually, he just didn’t want to go the cafetaria and meet Jongup and Yongguk. They’d just be nosy and keep asking whether Daehyun had confessed already or not. And if not, They’d just force Daehyun right away to do so.

He didn’t have any feeling toward Yoo Youngjae and He had never been fell in love before. Of course Daehyun had lots of friends since primary school, both boys and girls, Daehyun was pretty popular but he was just forever a kid in adult’s body. He never really cared a thing beside his games and soccer. He had a lot of people in his circle, but none of them was actually as close as Jongup and Yongguk.

The bell rang and it signed the lunch break was over. So, Daehyun didn’t have any other choices than got back into his class, getting ready to be bombarded with questions by Yongguk and Jongup.

 

“Jung Daehyun,” Look, not even five seconds after Daehyun settled on his seat, Jongup already came and glared at him. “We were looking for you during lunch break. Where were you?”

Daehyun quickly shrugged the question off, saying he was simply had problem with his stomach and ended up spending whole of lunch break in toilet. “Where’s Yongguk?” Daehyun looked around but this gummy-smile friend was nowhere.

“Got things to deal with Mr. Lee, he’ll be back in seconds. Anyway—Dae, I know you haven’t done your confession yet.” Jongup leaned closer to the brunette boy, turning his volume lower. “I’m going to help you.”

“Wait, what? Why are you so excited with this?” He looked at Jongup in disbelief. Just how desperate Jongup and Yongguk want him to date Yoo Youngjae? “You’re so suspicious, .”

Jongup chuckled, “This is just going to be so fun, alright? You’ve never fallen in love, and Youngjae is totally head over heels...” He mumbled, before his face got serious again. “You’ll see, and don’t you dare miss the chance I give.” Jongup smirked, got back to his seat as Mrs. Choi came into the class at the same time as Yongguk.

 

“Good afternoon, class.” She greeted, which was immediately greeted back by the students. “So today, actually I have something to do but I’m going to drop your assignment. This is a group assignment, and it will due next week. I’ll divide you to eight groups so...,” She stopped awhile as she mentally counted the students. “four people each group. You’ll be making poster; more like wall-magazine-like about modern art and literature. The topic will be up to you and you’ll do presentation next week as well.” She explained.

Daehyun yawned, he didn’t really care about that. Daehyun was never seen as someone who could prepare-and-present something well so he’d never be picked to be the spokeperson of the group, nor that he’d be given difficult task to do by his groupmate.

He just didn’t care until Mrs. Choi divided their group. His eyes widened, of all students in this class—he must be just real unlucky. How could he be in the same group as Yongguk, Jongup, and Youngjae?

“Now sit in circle with your group, and discuss. I have something to do. And don’t go out from the class before the bell rings.” Mrs. Choi said, before she walked out from the class.

“.” Daehyun cursed. He was okay with Yongguk and Jongup—or maybe not so okay because he’d need someone who’s actually smarter. Actually, he’d be just fine with Youngjae; without the dare thingy and without Yongguk and Jongup to make the situation worse.

 

Now four of them were sitting in circle, Daehyun could see clearly confusion and nervousness in Youngjae’s face. He might be nervous because he’s not used interacting with Daehyun and his friends. “So..., um...,” Youngjae mumbled, didn’t know whether he had to talk first or just wait until the other talks.

Jongup laughed, “Take it easy, you might see us as someone who like to play around—but we could be serious too, alright?” He said, and Daehyun felt like puking as Jongup said so. He was, like, carefree and playful; how could he talk like that. “Anyway, I think Youngjae would come up with interesting topic, because, really, you can’t believe us to do searching.”

Daehyun scoffed, “I can’t belive you to do anything. Even cutting carton.” He commented sarcastically, which brought soft laugh to Youngjae, while Jongup gave him a jokingly death glare.

“So, should we just do it at Daehyun’s... like, tomorrow? Because me and Jongup need to go somewhere today for our... science project.” Yongguk said suddenly, glancing at Jongup who quickly nodded. “But it will be more effective if we got all the property before tomorrow.”

Daehyun looked at both of his friends in both awe and disbelief. He just knew right away where that was going. “Are you guys going to ditch us and make me and Youngjae buy the property ourselves?” He asked, which actually wasn’t needed to be asked anymore. Yongguk and Jongup’s naughty smirk had answered it. “That’s not gonna work, besides, we need plan before actually buying the properties.”

“And that’s why, we’re making the plan right now. You’re okay with that, Youngjae?” Jongup looked at the other boy as he pulled out paper and pen. “We’re so sorry, but we’ll be there tomorrow and help to make the wall-magazine.”

Youngjae quickly shook his head, “No, yeah, I’m okay with that...” He answered, almost mumbling. He slightly glanced at Daehyun before looking away to the paper and took one of the pens. “Alright let’s start planning,”

Jongup smirked and looked at Daehyun, as Daehyun looked back, his lips moved but no sound. “Make. Sure. This. Is. Working.

 

-oo-

 

Daehyun brought all the things to the cashier. Once again, he looked at Youngjae who was standing beside him. “You sure these are all we need?” He asked, making sure.

Youngjae nodded, too eager. “Y-Yes! I already re-checked it for five times, yes.” He stuttered, obviously feeling nervous being only with Daehyun.”I-I sorry, I’ll check again.” Youngjae looked down, and once again reading through the list.

Daehyun looked at the other boy in confusion, “Five times?” He asked, and Youngjae quickly covered his mouth; blushing madly.

“N—No wait, I shouldn’t tell you this. I-I just don’t want to be—troublesome. I mean, forgetting things we should’ve bought...” He said, biting his lips and looked down. He felt so scared but suddenly he heard a soft chuckle from the other boy.

“Sorry,” Daehyun said between his laugh, as he paid for the things and they walked out from the store. “Not trying to make fun of you, It’s just you’re thinking so deeply and I don’t find that often.”

Youngjae blushed at sudden comment, Didn’t know how to react. “So, um... I’m weird?”

Daehyun shook his head, “No you’re not weird.”

Youngjae’s breath hitched a bit as he heard so, his face now might be as red as cherry tomato, so he looked down before mumbling, almost inaudible, “Thank you...”

The brunette stared at the other, and his mind flew away to what Jongup told him before. Is this a good chance to confess? He asked himself, unsure about what to say or do. You just need to say that you’ve been happy being with him the whole day, say that you like him or whatever stupid romantic thingy you saw in K-Dramas! Daehyun mentally encouraged himself.

“I...,” He stopped, tried to think the right sentence. “I like you.” But Instead, only abrupt I Like you came out from his stupid mouth.

Youngjae widened his eyes as he heard it. It might be wrong. He might had heard it wrong. “L-Like..., yeah... as friend?” Was that possible to be even redder than cherry tomato?

Daehyun bit his lips, unsure if he should continue this. He didn’t even know what to say next. So he simply added, “Would you be mine?” As plain as heck.

Youngjae covered his face and turned away. He was too shy to even look at Daehyun or let Daehyun look at his face. He cupped his cheek and slapped it several times.

“Y-You okay?” Daehyun rasied an eyebrow. Wasn’t Youngjae supposed to like him? Why couldn’t he answer right away and instead—slapping himself?

After several slaps, Youngjae peeked at Daehyun. “Is...Is this real? I’m not dreaming, aren’t I?” He’s asking rhetorical question. “I—I’m so happy, Daehyun.” He bit his lips as tears started to well up on his eyes.

"Yes, This is real.” Daehyun smiled slightly. “So yeah, we’re kinda... official, from now on.” He stated.

The boy after him just blushed and nodded, “Yes, um..., Sorry, I just still cannot believe this...”

At the moment, Daehyun felt like he was going to win the game.

But he felt something odd creeped inside him.


a/n: hello~ please kindly leave some comments >< i really appreciate that~