Like This or Like That

Hourglass: Behind Story

A/N: Speaking Japanese

February 14, 2005

Guess how Hourglass spent this special day? That’s right. Learning and trying to converse in Japanese. They will sign under Avex and debut in Japan sometime in summer and they are preparing hard. Other than that, they are also preparing for their Korean comeback before flying to Japan.

I want to die.” Mai said and Soomi laughed. They were on their way home from SM building after finishing the lesson and practicing for three hours.

“Tomorrow you’ll start practicing with your Japanese songs in the afternoon. So get a lot of rest, girls.” Daejung said and the girls cheered. “Oh, and DSP has debuted a girl group…to be your rival.” He added.

“Are they good?” Soomi asked.

“Based on vocal, there’s a member who can sing better than you, but I think they’re lacking in dance skills. Who knows? Maybe they have something in store…” the manager mumbled.

“As if competing with our sunbaenim-deul and our own label mate is not hard enough…” Eunsung sighed.

Cheer up! We’re actually quite good for a rookie!” Mai said and they laughed.

“Don’t let it get to your heads. DBSK is doing a thousand times better than us.” Sehee sent a sharp look to Mai.

“Yeah...they are doing too well these days,” Yumi said admiringly. Sehee rolled her eyes at the maknae’s comment.

“I’m not sure if that’s the right time for you to say that.” Soomi pursed her lips.

“Anyway, did you get the role?” Sehee changed the topic.

“Yeah, as the ghost,” Soomi said, slightly chuckling.

“Wah, congratulation unnie!” Yumi beamed.

“Aish, it’s them again.” The manager muttered and Hourglass noticed that there were a few high school students waiting in front of their flat.

“Put on smiley face and just accept whatever they give you.” Daejung said and climbed down from the van. Their fans swarmed to the van when they realized it was their beloved idols. Daejung opened the door and told the fans to step back but of course, they didn’t listen.

“Unnie, you’re really pretty!”

“Wah!”

“Omo!”

“Unnie, accept this, please!”

Hourglass just smiled and mumbled ‘thanks’ when the fans shoved them paper bags or gifts, and just ignored when the fans touched their hair or shoulders. It wasn’t that bad since there were at least twenty of them and the girls managed to get inside, without any injuries.

“Hey, I got chocolates!” Yumi giggled but then the paper bag was snatched away by their manager.

“You’re on diet, Yumi.” He reminded her.

“Oh give her a break. She’s a growing girl.” Soomi said and the manager shook his head.

“Go wash your face and drink lots of water. Then sleep.” He said sternly as he punched in the password. The girls did as were told and fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Your comeback will be on 24th–”

“What? Why did you hasten it?” Mai asked. They were taking a break in their vocal room with their Japanese teacher who was helping them with their pronunciations.

“If they ask you about your comeback, tell them that it was because Soomi needs to start filming in April and you’re going to debut in Japan in June.” Daejung said to Sehee and the leader nodded.

“Practice well,” he said to the girls before leaving with his phone in his hand.

 “Why do you think they hurried our comeback up?” Yumi asked. Soomi shrugged and Sehee sighed. She wondered how they never thought about it. Maybe because their minds are yet to be corrupted.

“It’s that rookie girl group.” Sehee said and rolled her eyes at the confused expressions her members were showing. “Our fan base is quite strong right? So if we have our comeback just a week after the group’s debut, their debut will not get that much response because the fans are focusing on us. Get it?”

“Really? Poor them!” Yumi gasped.

“That’s how you survive, dongsaeng.” Sehee said coolly. 

“But isn’t that a little unfair?” Eunsung asked.

“Tell me which part is unfair.” Sehee said and the girls fell into silence. The leader was right, it wasn’t really fair but it wasn’t unfair either.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The girls had finished shooting their MV and the preparation for the comeback. But everyone was so touchy and cranky as they tried to juggle with their schedules. By morning to afternoon, they will focus on Korean comeback while in the evening to midnight, they’ll focus on their Japanese debut.

They also needed to take care of their bodies and most of them were stressed and missed their families. It was hard, but Hourglass was composed of strong girls that can cope all of the above.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

February 24, 2005

“Aish, I’m so nervous.” Mai muttered, rubbing her sweaty hands on a cloth.

“We did brilliantly at the dry rehearsal. Stop worrying.” Soomi said comfortingly.

“I’m not worried, I’m just nervous.” Mai said and stole a glance at her unnie. Mai poked Soomi’s rib causing her to yelp and the younger girl laughed heartily.

“Aigoo, I can’t even say anything.” Soomi said chuckling.

“Hourglass, come on!” The staff called and the girls scrambled to their feet and followed the staff.

“The girls are back, Hourglass with Ireokung Jeoreokung!” The MC announced and the girls thought they would go deaf with the screams and cheers from the crowd. Once the music started, it drowned the voice a bit but it totally overwhelmed them. It has been a while since Hourglass performed in front of the fans.

 

 

Hourglass|Sehee|Soomi|Eunsung|Mai|Yumi| Like This or Like That

 

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mal jom hajima

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mwol eotteohharago

ppeonhalppeonjaji mwo Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh tto jansoriji mwo

bonamanamanaji hanamanamanaji deureobonamanaji

No No No ireokung jeoreokung

 

neoman neoman baraboran mal jom hajima

naega naega nikkeoran chakgak jom hajima

neoneun dahajanha dareunyeoja mannajanha

neo neo neo barampingeo nado da ara

 

[Soomi Yumi] Dirty Dirty Dirty Boy Sorry Sorry Sorry Boy

huhoehaedo ijen Bye Bye 

ijjeumeseo geuman Bye Bye

[Soomi Yumi] gara gara garago jeori jeori garago

deureobwatja ppeonhan yaegi tto tto tto

 

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mal jom hajima

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mwol eotteohharago

ppeonhalppeonjaji mwo Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh tto jansoriji mwo

bonamanamanaji hanamanamanaji deureobonamanaji

No No No ireokung jeoreokung

 

neomu neomu neomuhae neomu neomu neomuhae

neomu neomu neomuhae Oh Oh Oh Oh

neomu neomu neomuhae neomu neomu neomuhae

neomu neomu neomuhae Oh Oh Oh Oh

 

ije deoneun motdeutgesseo neoui geojitmal

haruedo yeoldubeon bammeokdeut haneunmal

neoneun dahajanha dareunyeoja mannajanha

neo neo neo baramdungi ijen jichyeosseo

 

[Soomi Yumi] Dirty Dirty Dirty Boy Sorry Sorry Sorry Boy

neorannamja ijen Bye Bye

sarangttawi ijen Bye Bye

[Soomi Yumi] gara gara garago jeori jeori garago

deureobwatja gateun yaegi tto tto tto

 

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mal jom hajima

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mwol eotteohharago

ppeonhalppeonjaji mwo Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh tto jansoriji mwo

bonamanamanaji hanamanamanaji deureobonamanaji

No No No ireokung jeoreokung

 

ireokung jeoreokung tteodeureodo, nan jeoldae andeullyeo No

sorireul jireugo tteodeureodo, nimoseup anboyeo No

wae naega wae, dodaeche wae, ni mareul deutneunde, Why

tteoreojyeo tteoreojyeo neogateun Boy

sarajyeo sarajyeo nae apeseo

utgi neun sori jom jibeochyeo

 

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mal jom hajima

ireokung jeoreokung Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh mwol eotteohharago

ppeonhalppeonjaji mwo Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh tto jansoriji mwo

bonamanamanaji hanamanamanaji deureobonamanaji

No No No ireokung jeoreokung

 

neomu neomu neomuhae neomu neomu neomuhae

neomu neomu neomuhae Oh Oh Oh Oh

neomu neomu neomuhae neomu neomu neomuhae

neomu neomu neomuhae Oh Oh Oh Oh

 

Hourglass bowed and scurried down the stage. They let out a sigh of relief once they entered their waiting room.

“You did a great job there, so guess what?” Daejung asked, interrupting the girls’ mini celebration.

“What?” Eunsung asked.

“You won’t have to attend your Japanese lesson tonight. I think you need to relax your mind.” He said and the girls cheered.

“Really?” Mai asked.

“Yes, but I don’t think you can get some rest tonight,” he added and the girls’ faces fell. “Because I’m going to take you to a BBQ restaurant.”

“Wah!” the girls cheered and high-fived with each other. As long as they worked hard, they will always get some rewards.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*

“Thank you for the meal, we’ll eat well~” the girls chorused before digging in. They were basically enjoying themselves until one guy ruined the day for Eunsung.

Junyoung entered the restaurant with a girl clinging on his arm and he scanned the restaurant for a vacant table. His eyes widened as they landed on Eunsung. He totally didn’t expect to see her here, since she was a celebrity.

“Unnie,” Eunsung muttered under her breath, unable to take her eyes off him. He broke the eye contact first and disappeared to the back of the restaurant.

“What?” Soomi asked.

“Um, nothing.” Eunsung said and Soomi frowned.

“Okay…” Eunsung turned her attention back to the food but she wasn’t feeling hungry anymore. It has been five months since they officially broke up, and Eunsung was grateful that her packed schedule has distracted her from thinking about him. She thought she has gotten over him, maybe she has but now she didn’t understand.

“Unnie, what’s with the long face?” Mai asked.

“Huh? Oh, I’m just tired.” Eunsung gave a small smile to the younger girl.

“Here, eat this.” Mai said and Eunsung smiled, eating the piece of meat before choking and throwing it back to the plate.

“Yah!” She said, annoyed to Mai who was laughing her head off. Eunsung couldn’t help but smiled at Mai’s antic.

 

“At this kind of time, I’m feeling so lonely.” Soomi mumbled and Sehee rolled her eyes.

“So stop drinking,” the elder girl said. Soomi sighed and glanced at Yumi.

“Yumi who is four years younger than me has gotten a boyfriend-ouch, why did you kick me?” Soomi asked and Sehee smacked her forehead.

“I don’t even get it. They are not even serious right? At least I don’t think Yoochun is serious about it.” Sehee said and Soomi nodded along.

“Then why did they even date if they are not serious?” Soomi asked and Sehee’s lips curved into a smile.

“Are they going to get married? No, right?” Sehee said snidely and Soomi pouted.

“But just because they aren’t getting married, that doesn’t mean they are not serious.” Soomi argued.

“I don’t understand. If you know you aren’t going to be together ‘forever’ why would you started to date? If you already know you are going to break up anyway, so why bother to date?”

“Well…I guess we are lonely. That’s why we date.” Soomi said.

“I can understand that Yoochun is lonely but Yumi? This is the time for her to make friends, not dating a guy.” Sehee sighed.

“Then what about you, unnie?” Soomi tilted her head to the side and the elder girl laughed.

“When you have so much to think of, you will think that you don’t need love.” She said.

“You must have been lonely.” Soomi concluded and Sehee rolled her eyes.

“Talking and drinking with you like this, yes, I’m feeling a little lonely.” Sehee laughed. Soomi suddenly straightened her posture and craned her neck, scanning the customers. Sehee raised an eyebrow at her.

“I’m looking for a good looking guy.” Soomi explained and Sehee snorted.

“I think everyone has finished eating, let’s go home.” Sehee said and searched for their manager. They went home and Sehee noticed how Eunsung seemed more quiet than usual. She sighed. Did she have to care for their personal problems too? She wasn’t that heartless, but she didn’t have time to care and think of others’ problems when she has her own problems as well. She held back a sigh. Her father had called and asked her to go home. The question is, why? After six years, why only now?

“Tomorrow, you’ll have your usual practice and a radio show at night. Soomi? You should practice your dance since you’re going to X-MAN show on this Monday.” Daejung said.

“It’s alright, I’ll tell her later.” Sehee said and Daejung nodded.

“Don’t forget to wash your face, girls. Good night.” Daejung reminded and locked the door.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

16 more days till I sit for my big examination! I need to post this before I went on hiatus for 3 weeks. Nowadays, I fell asleep even when I’m on the internet. >//< I’m becoming like a grandma :3

I’m sorry if I’m not focusing solely on your character. Next chapter would be their fan meeting and stuff, so I could focus on everyone. The lyrics were based on 5Dolls members, sorry for the lack of lines, Yumi ssi :3

Credits the lyrics to snsdlyrics.wordpress.com