-Chapter Eighteen-

Angel and Devil

Chapter Eighteen

 

"Jaekyung..." He started off. 

"Why did you bring me here? Are you not done with me?" She screamed. 

"Jaekyung listen to me!" He grabbed her wrist. 

"Let go of me!" She struggled.

"Jaekyung, just listen, please." His eyes softened as he held onto her shoulders.

"Okay, I'll listen but you only have a minute."

He nodded his head.

"You see your mark? Its glowing. Why? Because I am your partner." He revealed his mark, it was glowing blue too.

"Kris..."

"Let me show you this book." Kris grabbed the book and read its contents, "Best way of confirmation that the both devils are partners is when both marks give out a blue glow." 

"We need not necessary be partners right?" She asked worriedly. 

Kris' heart dropped. Partners are supposed to have a connection between each other right? 

Why can't you just give me a chance Jaekyung?

Jaekyung heard Kris' thoughts in her mind. 

"Its because you hurt me too much and I don't love you!" She blurted out. 

Kris' eyes widened, "Did you just read my thoughts?" 

Jaekyung's eyes widened too, shocked, "I just heard your voice in my head, I-I..." She trailed off.

She was frustrated, never had she felt this frustrated in her life. Streaks of her hair started turning blonde. 

Kris was staring at this glorious sight. 

This cannot be...

Slowly, streaks of blue started appearing on her already blonde hair. 

"J-Jaekyung..." Kris mumbled. 

And with that, Jaekyung fell to the floor, unconscious. 

 

"Hyung, do you think Kris took Jaekyung away?" Sehun asked worriedly. 

Luhan stared at the younger one, his thoughts are processing. Finally, he managed to think straight again. 

"Sehun, let's go to Kris' mansion immediately!" He said and ran to the car. Once the two entered the car, they drove off straight away.

Soon enough, they arrived at Kris' mansion but it was obvious to anyone that there isn't a soul in the vicinity. 

"Hyung..." Sehun said, sounding defeated. 

"I have no other ideas as to where they are..." Luhan sighed. 

In the end, Jaekyung was not found and they returned home with heavy hearts. 

 

Jaekyung awoke after a whole hour. 

"Are you okay?" Kris asked gently. 

She sat up her hand rubbing her temples, "I feel dizzy." 

"Erm, you have to look at this." He held up a mirror infront of her. Her eyes widened in shock of her own reflection. 

Is that really me?!

She stared at her blonde hair with blue highlights which formed a natural ombre.  

"What... has happened to me?" Jaekyung trembled. As much as the blue was the shade of the ocean that complemented her well, she was still in a huge shock. 

Kris shrugged, "You might be the next queen. Afterall, I am the next king." 
He proceeded to remove his hair which turned out to be a wig. Beneath his wig, was his neatly cut blue hair with blonde streaks. 

"What is this...?" Jaekyung was lost for words. She did not want to believe that anything like this is happening.

 

"I have a feeling that she is with Kris hyung..." Sehun said, interrupting the silence. Luhan looked at him in confusion. The duo were now in Sehun's room cracking their heads to figure out where Jaekyung is. 

"But, we don't know where Jaekyung is. What do we do?" Luhan asked as he rubbed his temples. He was not expecting this to happen. He stood up abruptly and whipped out his phone. Sehun looked up at him, suprised, "What are you doing hyung?" 

Luhan had a stern look on his face and replied coldly, "I'm calling Kris." 

 

Sitting on the floor, Jaekyung stared into the distance. Her mind was fuzzy and her thoughts all over the place. What was she going to do now that she is queen? What about her hair? 

"I only love Sehun..." She whispered to herself. 

The ringtone from Kris' phone interrupted the silence in the apartment. Kris looked at the caller ID and saw Luhan's name. He smirked and answered the phone. 

"What do you want?" Kris asked.

"Where is Jaekyung?! Stop being a selfish jerk and bring her back!" Luhan shouted into the phone.

"She's not doing well now. Please leave us alone." Kris replied calmly while glancing over to Jaekyung whose eyes were red and puffy. 

"What did you do to her?! I swear if you hurt her–"

"She's not hurt okay?!" Kris interrupted, feeling frustrated. "Her hair, it has changed like mine..." 

Luhan's eyes widened. "No..." He dropped his phone onto the ground and sat on the bed. 

"Hyung! What happened?!" Sehun asked worriedly. He picked up the fallen phone. 

"What did you do?!" It was Sehun's turn to shout into the phone. 

"None of your business, Oh Sehun." Kris answered. 

"Sehun... Return my phone." Luhan requested, still in a daze. The younger one passed the phone back, many thoughts were running through his head. 

"Send me your location. I need to see her." Luhan said monotonously. 

"11pm at the Han River. See you there." Kris hung up. 

 

Luhan sat there still in denial that his childhood best friend turned out to be this way. Innocent Kim Jimin who then returned from the afterlife just to see her loved one, and appeared as Lee Jaekyung but also the Queen of Hell. This was too much for him to take in. He stood up and walked to his room silently.

"Hyung..." Sehun said.

"I'll tell you tomorrow Sehun. Rest well." Luhan said as he shut the room door behind him. Now, all he wanted to do is go to the Han River to meet Jaekyung.

 


Author's Note:

Hey readers! I have to leave a note here to apologise for the extremely long hiatus to this and my other stories.

I took my national exams last year and did well. I had some personal problems last year due to a toxic relationship but its already over!

This year, 2017, I managed to enter a science-related course which made me really happy!

Now is my term break and I hope to be as active as I was back in 2013!!

Btw, I might change my writing style (oops)

I hope to receive your continuous support! <3

I missed all of you :"(