Just Usual Bet

Runaway Shadow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1][/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Featuring Bang Yongguk x Song Jieun; Special Guest Jung Hana x Kim Himchan[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Just Usual Bet[/CONTENTID3]

[CONTENTID4]

i. him

Yongguk cringed, as turning his direction toward Sunhwa’s pointing out finger.

“She? Really?” He groaned. Suddenly he felt nausea imagining what would happen—soon.

“C’mon man, you give up already?” Himchan encouragingly persuaded him, tapping his back oh-not-so-nicely.

And the gang cheered on his miserable. Well, they couldn’t wait watching the show presented by Yongguk The Grudge and Jieun The Nerd.

Bang Yongguk, he’s known for his underground rapping activities plus his appearance and personality were cold, something like all the life he lived for was boredom. He rarely smiled, laughed, joked, and when he spoke, his deep, husky voice would send chill throughout the body who heard him. So yeah, Yongguk The Grudge he was.

And Song Jieun, she’s simply a nerd, even before they enrolled senior high school.

“Three days won’t be hard for you, right Yongguk-ah? Beside you both attending same school too before.” Yoona chirped in between her munching potato chips which always on her backpack, every day.

“Won’t be a matter at all.” Jaehyo smirked, and he offered his hand to Himchan to high-five, which Himchan accepted wholeheartedly.

Yongguk grunted. “Fine! And I want cash!”

“Of course!” Sunhwa and Yoona chorused together, and they high-five each other in delight. Sometime Yongguk wondered why he was being friend with the four in the the first place.

Whatever. Speaking in his mind, Yongguk strode toward three tables in front of them, where his target enjoying her lunch with her another nerdy, best friend.

“Woohoo~, way to go Bang Yongguk~!” Sunhwa with her loud voice, yelling at him as she got death glare as return. They made it seemed obvious if this was just a bet. Just usual bet.

Whatever. Again, Yongguk assured himself. They still don’t know who Song Jieun is anyway. And he smiled upon thinking of that. An awkward smile as now he’s standing right next to her.

“Ahem.” Yongguk cleared his throat, asking for attention. “Song Jieun-ssi.”

Jieun gripped her fork tighter and inhaled much oxygen before finding herself at a calm state, but Yongguk seemed fail to notice. She looked up.

Yongguk wanted to smile, but he could not. So Jieun only saw an awkward face expression looking back at her.

“What?”

To overcome sudden nervousness, Yongguk his lips and cleared his throat. “Would you go out on a date with me?”

“Why m—“ He could see clearly what Jieun trying to say, so he beat her whining first.

“Please just say yes or no.” Yongguk talked desperately. “They are watching.”

Jieun squinted her eyes, he didn’t know why, maybe so she could contemplate better about the situation. After a good time of pause, she asked. “How long?”

“Three days.”

“Is it another—“

“Yes, just usual stupid bet. So, you in?”

 

ii. her

Jieun could feel the nudge from her best friend, Hana, but she ignored it. She had to think about this thoroughly before making a big decision. How would it affect herself, her appearance in other students’ eyes, and importantly; how much she’d get for this current bet.

Oh but she just couldn’t ask him bluntly because Jung Hana right beside her and Jieun couldn’t take a risk about disappointing her only close friend (because she’s actually kind of a gold digger—a bit).

She could see the tall guy beside her mouthing something like $100.  Oh he understood well why she hesitated.

In the past—third grade of junior high,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter