Chapter 15

Sweets to the Sweet

   Friday, December 24th
   9:00 a.m.
  SNU Hospital 

 

   Jinyoung shivered as he got out of his car, the temperature near-freezing and a brisk wind howling as it tore down the body heat that radiated from people. Drawing up the hood on his white pullover hoodie, Jinyoung hastily jogged inside the warm hospital, greeting the receptionist and receiving Gongchan's discharge papers. Looking over the papers, Jinyoung made his way up the stairs, which he preferred over the elevator, to the fourth floor. Upon the doors opening, Jinyoung promptly walked out and smacked into Shindong.

   "Aiish— Oh! Shindong," Jinyoung said, rubbing his forehead, "I have the papers. Is Gongchan ready to be released yet?" 

   "Huh? Oh, yeah." Shindong said, a slight frown on his head, until a brilliant smile bursts forth. Turning, Shindong started to walk in the direction of Gongchan's room, motioning for Jinyoung to follow him. "You know, I feel bad for you."

   "Oh? And why would that be?" Jinyoung replied.

   "Because you had to smack into my head. It's hard as rocks!" Shindong laughed, lightly tapping on his own head. Jinyoung blinked at him, the corners of his mouth twitching down at the bad joke. The couple turned right at the 3-way intersection they came to and entered the first room on their right. The idle conversation they were holding comes to a halt when they walk into Gongchan, sound asleep with the tv blaring and the curtains wide open, the room flush with sunlight. 

   Quietly laughing, Shindong put his hand on Jinyoung's shoulder and walked out of the room to let his patient wake up to his 'friend'. Like they were just friends. Jinyoung frowned when Shindong left the room, but shrugged nonetheless. Taking off his fingerless black gloves and stripping himself of his jacket and backpack, Jinyoung set them down on the only table in the room, and walked over to his pup, gently shaking his shoulders.

   "Hey, pup, wake up." Jinyoung cooed, continuously shaking Gongchan's shoulder.

   "Uuuhnnnn, five more minutes." Gongchan groaned, swatting at Jinyoung, successfully hitting him in the face, and rolling over from his back onto his stomach. 

   "Oh, hell no." Jinyoung growled. He was nice with his pup, usually, but hitting was where he drew the line. "Gongchan, wake up! It's time to go!" Jinyoung said with his voice slightly raised, twisting Gongchan's arm behind his back and pulling up a little bit to wake him up. Pain was always a useful tool. 

   "Aiishh, okay, okay! I'm up." Gongchan whined, rolling back onto his back once Jinyoung let go of his arm. Glaring at Jinyoung, Gongchan rubbed his wrist and pouted. "Did you at least bring me a change of clothes? I'd rather not change into my sweaty tennis uniform."

   Jinyoung nodded, fetching his backpack and taking out the clothes he had brought, namely a white tanktop, plain black longsleeved shirt, navy blue jeans, a burnt-almond colored hooded parka, and his shoes with a pair of socks tucked into one of them. 

   "Thanks. Did you bring my toothbrush?" Gongchan asked, sitting up and pushing himself out of bed, catching himself on his bed when his ankle attempts to give out. What an idiot, for forgetting why he was even here in the first place. 

   Jinyoung sprung forward when Gongchan almost fell to the floor, and inwardly cursed when his arm caught on his bag, causing the contents, along with the bag, to fall to the floor. Jinyoung's heart sunk when a box wrapped in colorful paper slid out of the bag. Hastily shoving the box back in, Jinyoung glanced up to see if Gongchan noticed. He didn't.

   "I'm going to go shower, get all this dirt and sweat off me, then we can leave." Gongchan said in a rather authoritative tone. Shrugging, Jinyoung bent down to pick up the rest of his things that fell out when his bag fell, and noticed a folded piece of paper he didn't remember putting in there. Standing up, Jinyoung proceeded to unfold it, reading the hastily scribbled writing. 

   'Hey lover boy! I know it's Christmas time and all, and you'll probably want to spend some allllooonnneeee time with your new boy-toy, but I'm going to be dropping by on Christmas Eve to spend some time with my best friend. I was thinking we could go out for a lunch or something? I'm sure you have dinner plans with You-Know-Who, and no, not Voldemort. I'm sure you have plans after that too ;) Anyway, text me what time you want to go out. Hell, I'll invite Suzy and Minho, and you can bring Gongchan and we can all go out as a group. Talk to you in a bit. - Baro'

   Jinyoung laughed at the note, folding the note back up and putting it back in his bag. Baro knows just how clumsy he is, otherwise Jinyoung would never of found the note. Pulling out his phone, he proceeded to text the author of the note.

[ Jin: Ay yoooooo! I found your note after I spilled everything out of my bag like a clutz. How does 1:30 sound? ]

   Jinyoung smiled down at his phone, then his facial expression quickly neutralized when he heard slight singing coming from the bathroom. Was that his pup that was singing? What couldn't this boy do? Shaking his head, Jinyoung returned his attention down to his phone after it vibrated in his hand. 

[ Baro: Yo, lover boy! I knew you'd spill all your stuff sooner or later. I texted Suzy and asked if she wanted to come, and she said that's fine. Meet you at that one little cafe again? I love their drinks, and their food is great. ]

[ Jin: Yeah, sounds fine. I'm at the hospital, and Gongchan's in the shower right now. He just sprained his ankle during our championship game, so we went to SNUH and he stayed overnight. I have his discharge papers ready, so once he gets out and dresses, we'll be leaving. ]

   Jinyoung's ears perked up when he heard the water shut off in the bathroom. Quickly turning, Jinyoung zipped up his bag to ensure that the present doesn't fall out once again. Once settled, Jinyoung slipped his gloves on and slipped on his pullover, ready to go back outside into the brisk air. Looking outside, Jinyoung smiled. It had begun to snow.

   "Hey, by the way," Gongchan said, stepping out of the bathroom with only his boxers and his jeans on, ed of course. "Did you ever find out if we won the match or not?" 

   "Huh?" Jinyoung said, caught staring at Gongchan for a second. Quickly recovering, Jinyoung quickly attempted to save himself. "Oh! Uh, I never asked coach, but I hope we did." Pass or fail?

   "Riiight. Well, let me finish... Getting dressed." 

   Fail.

   "Okay! I'll go turn in the discharge papers, and I'll meet you in the lobby when you're finished!" Jinyoung called, then mentally smacked himself. They're in a hospital, he shouldn't he yelling. Getting up, Jinyoung grabbed the papers and his bag, and plodded out of the room, making sure the door closes. Turning in the papers to a passing nurse, Jinyoung made his way down the stairs and to the lobby. Saying his goodbyes to the receptionist, Jinyoung spotted a familiar face outside. This familiar person saw him too and waved dorkishly. 

   Rushing inside, Baro took off his hat and straightened out his hair, a wide grin on his face, and walked up to Jinyoung, smacking him on the shoulder.

   "Didn't think you'd be one to violate a place of healing, lovebug." Baro said, his classic devil grin on his face. 

   "What are you doing here?" Jinyoung said with a small laugh. He hadn't expected Baro to be here when he said where he was going to be.

   "I was around the corner, wrapping up business for the day and thought I'd stop by and see how you were doing before our little outing." Baro boasted. "Our company got a new group, and after the holidays, I'm supposed to show them around. I don't know why their manager won't."

   "Ahh, I see. That's why I never joined your parents' company. Too much of this and that." Jinyoung mused, entertained by the idea of Baro acting as a little tour guide. It was downright hilarious. Hearing the ding of the elevator, Jinyoung turned around and his mouth almost dropped. Although his hair still seemed a little damp, Gongchan looked downright attractive. Baro snickered when he saw his best friend stare and elbowed him in the side.

   "Romeoooo, wake up. Your Juliet is walking this wayyy~" Baro teased, earning a punch in the arm. 

   "Hey, ready to go?" Jinyoung asked, smiling at his pup and offering his arm out for support if he needed it. Gongchan nodded, but refused Jinyoung's help. He doesn't need help to walk, he isn't an infant. "Well then, let's go."

 


 

How was it? Short?

 

I know.

I'm horrible.

 

ANYWAY! I hope you guys enjoyed my late update. 

And today is V's Birthday. (From BTS)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY V ASKGBSKGDDBSAS (He's my bias, so I celebrate extra-hardcore.)