A Day at Work

The Bucket List

"Loser! Loser! Loser! Loser!" everyone cheered as I walked down the hallways of Kyunghee University. I had to admit, I was one of those buck-toothed-don't-know-how-to-brush-their-hair-pimple-faced girls. I was the nerd of my batch. I couldn't deny that fact. I opened my locker and placed my books in, pulling out the note books I needed for my next class. 

Suddenly, my locker door closed with me touching it, "Hey, loser!" Siwon, the so called Hey-I'm-good-looking guy in my batch appeared. He was chewing on his gum as he stared at me. He looked down at me like I was the plankton in the food chain of fishes. He wore his varsity jacket and his hair was "perfect".

"What, are you deaf?" Donghae popped up with his greasy hair . Donghae was like Siwon's shadow. Wherever Siwon was, Donghae was always there to torture other students the way Siwon did, sometimes, worse. Donghae looks at me like I'm the bacteria from the before times. The time when apes were man and fire was made up of wood.

I cleared my throat and my chapy lips, "Hi" I whispered

Siwon gave Donghae that knowing smile and then turned his attention back to me, "Immature, right?" he asked and ran his fingers through his wax based hair. He opened his arms and walked closer to me. I hear gasps behind me and I see students cover their mouthes behind him.

He wants a hug? Really? With me? Now? In front of half of the Juniors? A hug? From me? Really? Why? What does he want? Is he drunk? In medications, perhaps? A hug? From me? Really? What the hell is wrong with him?

I looks at me, bemused at my reaction, "Haven't you had a hug before?" he asked

He does want a hug! But, why? Why me? Why not his skinny and overly annoying girlfriend? I wanted to decline the "kind" offer, but everyone was staring, waiting for my reaction. The last time I had someone look at me like that, was when I had large curly hair and a back brace for my Scoliosis and I was an ugly flower girl at my uncle's wedding wearing a blindingly yellow dress.

I never thought I would be in this kind of state again. I thought I was back in the aisle of that church with large curls and back brace. But reality hit me. I wasn't in the aisle of a church. I was in a hallway with tangled, un-brushed hair and braces for the large gaps on my teeth and a popular guy was standing in front of me, with his sidekick, waiting for my response for that once in a lifetime moment to happen.

I sighed and walked closer, meeting him half way. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, brushing down my back a little and his hard chest against my flat chest. His chest felt like Captain America's. It was solid and I felt like I was about to get cancer. Everyone's breathe stopped. As they looked at me and Siwon hugging, it was like they saw a ghost or someone famous in front of them.

"See you later, loser" he waved as he walked away with Donghae. As they walked away, the students around me started pointing and laughing at me which wasn't new only this time, it was like they were pointing something on my body. Hey, I know I was flat chested but really? Was being flat chested really funny? Come on! Then, it hit me. Siwon was all to predictable. I breathed in and reached for my back and I felt a piece of paper attached. I pulled it off and looked at it.

"LOSER" it was written

 

"Paging Dr. Shin Rin Ri, you are needed at the labor room ASAP" the intercom called, "Paging Dr. Shin Rin Ri, you are needed at the labor room ASAP" she repeated

I shook my head, pulling myself back to reality. I breathed in and pulled on the tie of my hair, releasing my hair, letting it breath and I run my finger through my hair. I shake my hair and then I run my fingers through my hair again and then I tie my hair, neatly this time. I wear my glasses and walk out of my office. 

I'm Shin Rin Ri. I'm twenty-six. I'm an Ob gyn. I'm single. Yes, twenty-six and single. Not once did I have a boyfriend. I tried to do something about my love life but hey, it still wasn't my time. I as concentrated on my career and here I am now. I'm an Ob gyn at Kyunghee University Neo Medical center. I was happy with the fact that I was single. I was free and my time was in my hands.

I walk in the labor room and wear my lab coat, gloves, hair cap and mask. I get ready for another painful labor with my team. I've been a doctor for over a year now and because of my good performance, I was promoted and part of the hospital's best teams after six months. It took me six years for me to finish residency and I finished it well.

I was able to get my own two-storey apartment in Gangnam. I got myself an Audi A7 and a lareg walk-in closet with hundreds of pairs of shoes, racks of bags and of course, a long closet filled with clothes. It was paradise for me. My career was going well. I had a carefree life. I had no responsibilities and above all, I was completely and without doubt, happy with my life. 

So, there I was, helping a woman go through labor for about sixteen hours until all of us in the room heard a cry from a baby girl. There was something about a baby's cry that made me wince. I think I was scared. Actually, looking at how a mother gives birth, it scares me. But, I loved kids. My older sister has three kids and when I have free time, I'd take them out for movies or lunch. I was really good with kids and I've dreamed of having my own.

After a long day at work, I walked in the elevator and went to the parking level of the hospital. I walked towards my car and started the engine. I went towards my apartment. I parked my car, got out, headed for the lobby and went up to my floor. Sixteenth floor. I unlocked my apartment door and as I stepped in, I stepped on an envelope. 

I raised a brow and crunched down and picked it up. It's a letter that came from Kyunghee University. It wasn't from the hospital. It was from the high school department. My heart stopped. I panicked. Did I forget to submit a requirement and now they're chasing me? Oh gosh! I wouldn't have graduated if I missed a requirement, right? 

I breathed in. I slowly opened the envelope and took out the three-folded paper. I breathed in again, not sure of what I would read in this letter.

"Greetings, Ms, Shin Rin Ri!

We would like to invite you to Kyunghee University's high school reunion this coming weekend. January 17th of 2014. This will be held at the Diamond hall of the East wing. We hope to see you and your other batch mates there!" 

Are you kidding me?! Why the hell would I attend a high school reunion?! High school was hell to me! It was a big, fat label that says, "HIGH SCHOOL WAS HELL". I can't believe they even thought of inviting me!

I breathed in and placed the letter on the counter. I walked in my room and laid on my bed, not minding the fact that I didn't even take shower after a long day at work. I rested my head on my pillow and looked up at the ceiling.

High school . . .

That girl with the braces, tangled hair and pimples. OH GOD! I don't even want to remember on how I looked during high school. And don't get me started on the whole fashion statement thing. I was a nerd back in high school and I was bullied down to my core. I was bullied by that group of fifteen boys that consists of soccer players, basketball player, swimmers and baseball players. Their group was know for being both bullies and the school's pride. How amazing!

Leeteuk, Yesung, Sungmin and Hangeng were part of the baseball team. They were so good they were sent to Japan to compete for their title. And of course, they won. The Japanese girls were all over them for about a year. 

Kyuhyun, Heechul and Kangin were part of the basketball team. They've competed in so many competitions against other high schools during their four years in high school. Cheerleaders were their slaves every time they won. 

Donghae, Eunhyuk, Kibum and Henry were part part of the soccer team. They were those types of soccer players that were "chick magnets". Those types that after every game, girls would scream their name out loud and run towards their sweaty bodies.

Siwon, Zhoumi, Ryewook and Shindong were the swimmers of our batch. God, they were goo, I have to admit. I was a fan of their team. I was a fan of all of them, except for Choi Siwon.

Choi Siwon. The God-like figure among all fifteen on them. In their group, Siwon was the richest. I mean, he was really rich. His father owns like ninety-nine percent of Seoul's supermarkets and seven elevens. He was the heir of Korea's largest company but hey, he was a rebelious boy. 

I hated him. He made my life feel like hell the moment he saw me and my un-brushed hair walk in Biology class on the first day of Freshman year. I had to endure his teasings until the day I walked up the stage and received my diploma, signifying that I, Shin Rin Ri, have accomplished all requirements and have passed them on time. He me feel like hell throughout high school and so did his friends. Technically, I wasn't the only one they made fun off, but among all of those students, I was their favorite.

The attached gum on my hair, as if my hair didn't need anything else to ruin it. The tripped me down the hallways, they placed sweating gym socks in my locker and many many more. Again, they made my high school life feel like hell.

So . . . I'm not going to that stupid high school reunion! Ever!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH! My first Choi Siwon fanfic guys! I'm sorry if it's not as good as Kyuhyun's fanfics but I will try my best in writing this. This was requested by my aunt who is head-over-heels in love with our CEO! :) Anyway, you guys have to tell me how the first chapter went :))

XOXO

Comment, Vote and Subscribe!