The Job You Never Wanted

Sasaeng Corp.

As the van pulled up to the apartment complex, there were several different cars parked by the entrance. It was strange seeing how many people were gathering just in front of one building. Even stranger that most of them were girls just like your age, maybe even younger.

Girls pounded on the van's door, and peering in. *How scary* You thought, scooting towards the middle and far away as possible from the window.

"We'll bring you to the back, these sasaeng fans can get a bit crazy..." The bodyguard that was driving said and looked at you in the rearview mirror.

Making sure that no one else was around, you stepped off the car and the guy dressed in all black ushered you in. Usually the back door was hidden for garbage trucks pick up, you didn't even noticed a door until he opened a gate, revealing it behind a huge garbage can.

You were guided into an elevator and up towards the fourth floor. The male in black clothes constantly sneaked side glances at you on the way, you were sure that he was suspicious of your intent. You had already been warned of this.

With a ding, the elevator door opened, down the hall, the room 408 could be viewed. Flowers were paste on the door, but mostly messages crowded the blue paint. Some were loving ones but some were quite threatening.

*Time for me to start my new job as their manager*


(One week ago...)

"Taemin-ah, you have to wear your jacket correctly or you'll get a cold" You chided your little brother lightly. You fixed the jacket and made sure to zip him up properly. He felt embarrassed and hid his face behind his long bangs.

"Sorry..."

You chuckled and caressed his soft baby skin. "Let's go yea? You wanted to see the sunset with me right?"

He nodded and took a hold of your hand. It was a usual gesture that he always does. The little one always felt safe if he held your hands. One thing he hated the most was strangers that he didn't know.

"I'll be leaving omonim!" You yelled to the nice lady that was in charge of the orphan house. Waving goodbye to the little kids that also lived there, you made your way out the door and down the streets.

It was starting to get chillier at night since fall hit. However, everyone was as cheerful as ever walking and talking to their friends. Even though you lived in the city all your life, you've never been anywhere far away from the orphan home or your brother. Hand in hand, you made sure to keep him close to your side.

Even without watching tv, you knew that the crime rates have been rising lately and it would tear your heart apart if something happened to the only living family you have.

A tug on your hand turned your attention back down to your brother, "Noona, can we get ddeokbokki?"

"Of course" You gave him a loving smile and guided him over to the food stall that you always go to. *I wonder if i have enough money for this week*

Money. One essential thing you needed to take care of your brother. And that one thing that you never seem to have enough of. Though you did work, the place had shut down due to economic problems. Now, still unemployed, you were barely getting by with the money that was saved up.

"Thank you ahjumma," You handed her the money, checking your wallet to see that only a few cents were left.

"Say ahh~" You cooed, circling the rice cake around and made sure to blow on it so it wasn't too hot. You watched Taemin eating it with such a joyous expression on his face. *How adorable*

"Noona, ahhh" Taemin held out a piece in his hand, extending it towards your mouth. Accepting it with all your heart, you opened your mouth, "Mmmm yum! Taemin thanks" You squeezed his cheeks making him blush.

After finishing the last few rice cakes, you made sure to clean your brother's mouth and hands. "My baby Taemin was such a good eater, good job" As a special treat, you carried him on your back, towards the destination that you guys had originally wanted to go for today.

"The sunset will be really pretty when we watch it together, and i'll make sure t--" Out of nowhere, Taemin landed a quick peck on your cheeks, startling you. "Oh! What was that for Taemin-ah?"

"Noona, i love you"

From such a little boy, he brought you so much happiness. The thought of your low expenses was quickly erased from your mind. You hummed his favorite lullaby and soon he was snoozing away on your back.

*Just a few block till the river* You thought.

While waiting for the light to turn green at an intersection, you noticed a flier posted nearby for 'Help Wanted' at a nearby restaurant. *It's close and i have time, maybe i should check it out* With no hesitation, at the next building, you turned into an alley that opened up into two other streets.

But just in front stood the restaurant that was imprinted on the flier. Lightly, you woke Taemin up and settled him on the ground. With both of your hands intertwined, you opened the door, dragging your still sleepy little brother along.

*Strange...* A pinkish red color lights made the whole place seemed eerie. It didn't look like any restaurants that you've ever been in. There was a bar to the left and a dance floor in the middle, and several curtains that hid something to the right.

Suddenly, someone grabbed your hand and pulled you behind the curtain to the left. "Taemin-ah!" But before you could yell anything else, your mouth was clamped shut. The two pair of strong hands pushed you down onto soft, *What's a bed doing here?!*

It was hard seeing the person's face since it was dark but that wasn't what you were worried about right now. You needed to know where your brother was.

"You fans are all the same" His deep voice rang in your ears, "Just stay still and i'll bring you to heaven"

*What's going on!* Your eyes desperately the searched the room, panic stricken.

His hands roamed your body, touching you here and there. It was a horrible feeling. You let out a shriek when he on your neck, as his hands traveled under your shirt, pressing against your delicate skin.

"NOONA!" Taemin's voice was close, but then a loud whack followed by a scream made your heart break.

"Shut up" A voice said somewhere in the background.

"Stop it! LET ME GO!" You yelled but it was no use with his hands on your mouth, "I don't want this" A tear streak fell down your face.

He lifted up your shirt, kisses trailing from your stomach started moving up towards your chest. You saw a chance when he was being careless, you swung your legs upwards, hitting the target that you had aimed for. His crotch.

A loud groan emitted from him as he removed his hands from your body towards the area in pain. And with that, you took your chance and slapped his face as hard as you can. Pushing yourself off the bed, you kicked the guy holding your brother down right in the face before grabbing him and bolting out the door.

"YOU ! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!" The two voices rang as you held your brother in your arms, running away from the building.

That day, you didn't realized it but you've made demons for yourself.

When you turned the corner and was sure everything was safe, you set your brother down and examined his face. His head was dripping with blood. His face was red, probably just like yours, from the crying.

"Are you ok?" You croaked, tears were threatening to fall out again. "How is your body? You can breathe ok right?"

Suddenly, he wrapped his arms around your neck, nuzzling into the crook of it. "That was scary... Noona you're not hurt right?"

You ruffled his head, content again that he was ok. "Excuse me" You whipped your head around to see a girl about your age standing just a few feet away.

*I was sure no one was here* You racked your brain. After what happened, you were quite cautious to what the girl wanted.

"I just saw you ran out of the restaurant. Are you ok?"

"Yea... Fine." You squeezed your brother against your side, as you stared at her.

"What about your brother?"

"I said we're fine, thank you. We'll be going now" Maybe it wasn't the best tone to use towards someone who just wants to help. But all you really wanted to do now was go home and rest.

"You're looking for a job right?" Her voice yelled from behind. *How did she know?* But before you could ask, she just continued on. "If you come with me, i can help you get one. And we can treat your brother too"

Glancing back, you contemplated the choices. But after seeing the blood that kept flowing down your brother's head, you just agreed and followed along. She looked honest and nice enough. What could go wrong?

After walking and taking a taxi, the building that was in front of you seemed to tower over. It was probably 60 floor high with a sign that printed 'S.S Corp.'

(Back to the present)


You entered the dorm, wondering why they kept so many shoes in the corridor. The house was empty. The man in black just ushered you to the couch and said to wait.

After looking around, the dorm seemed quite comfortable. Even though there were clothes thrown around places and uncleaned dishes in the sink, it was warm and pleasant.

*I wondered if Taemin is ok without me* You sighed. It was hard separating from your brother. But knowing that you needed to do this, for the money, and for your brother too, you didn't have a choice.

"They just arrived and will be up soon... Good luck" The bodyguard gave you one last stare before exiting the dorm.

*EXO huh? I wonder what they look like*

 


 

A/N: I hope you guys give this story lots of love and support! Please tell me what you think so far~ Already rough on her first day huh?