Daunting First Task

Sasaeng Corp.

It’s been the longest several days for you. With the excessive amount of traveling back and forth from the dorm to the practice room so that they would be ready for their comeback. You would guess that doing the same thing everyday would become boring however something exciting always seem bound to happen.

The problem with sasaeng fans was getting even worse. You never knew that these boys had to deal with these kind of things everyday. You watched them work their butts off in the practice room and not being able to go anywhere to relax afterwards besides their dorm must be frustrating.

However, time passed even longer when the members exclude you from helping or lending a hand at all. After these couple of days, they were slowly becoming less wary of you and accepted that you were just here to be their manager and nothing more.

Chanyeol and Suho were the first two that fully accepted you. Then came Kyungsoo one day when you helped blocked him from a crazy fan putting something in his backpack. Sehun was pretty much indifferent towards the whole thing but he never ignored you like how everyone would in the beginning.

You would never expect Kai would be the last out of everyone to trust you. On the outside the latter was quite energetic, always breaking into random dances and pretty social. But you would never guess that he had a hard time regarding sasaeng fans.

By the end of the day, Kai knew you could be trusted because after all this time that he knew you, you would always keep your distance when they ask and never did anything to make them think otherwise.

Did this mean that they were no longer wary of you? No, far from it. The only member that’s been questioning your purpose for working with them was Baekhyun. You didn’t blame him. Knowing that he recently just had a huge accident, regarding sasaeng fans, you knew well enough to stay clear of him.

Despite you keeping your distance, you were constantly questioned. One time when you wanted to cook dinner for them since it was late and all of them were sick and tired of eating the same food everyday.

Baekhyun yelled, pointing his fingers you, saying how you would take that chance to slip something in their food and poison them. You just sighed and agreed to order food as the other members groaned in protest.

He wouldn’t allow you anywhere near his stuff and especially going into his room was forbidden. So any socially interaction with the latter was cut short with a glare directed at you. By now though, you were use to it.

It was way past 11 o’clock at night when all of you stumbled through the door, coming back from practice. The instructor was drilling them even harder since their comeback would be in 3 days. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was having the hardest time out of all of them.

Kyungsoo’s body was practically sore from head to toe as he collapsed on the couch, followed by the tallest member trailing close behind.

“Why is it always me that hyung pushes the most” You heard Kyungsoo complained as you set their bag of clothes to be washed (besides Baekhyun) down by the bathroom’s door.

“I’m taking a shower first hyung!” Sehun yelled to no one in particular and hopped into the bathroom, taking advantage of the hot water available.

Baekhyun was probably in his room, closing his eyes for a little nap before taking a shower. You made a note to yourself to remember to wake him up so that he wouldn’t get sick from not taking a shower.

“Hyung i’m hungry” Chanyeol whined to Suho. All the leader could do was chuckle and walked into the kitchen to try and find some food for s.

You were busy loading the dirty clothes into the washing machine and didn’t notice Suho walking in, only to be scared by the sound of his voice calling your name.

“Sooyoung”

“Ack!” You jumped, holding your heart that was about to jump out of your chest.

“Sorry, i should’ve cleared  my throat or something” He said as he rummaged through the cabinets and fridge looking for any available food.

“That’s ok” You smiled and returned to loading the clothes into the laundry machine. “How are Chanyeol and Kyungsoo doing? I know Jiwook sunbaenim was pretty harsh on them today”

“Yea, Kyungsoo looks quite pale. I’m afraid he might get a cold” Suho sighed, looking distressed. “Aish, we don’t even have any food left”

You patted his shoulder, calming him down. You knew it was frustrating living this way. Not having enough money to buy food or have the luxury of doing whatever they wanted. You knew the feeling.

“Go rest, it’s been tiring for all of you. I’ll go get food from the convenience store and some hot packs to relief Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.” Suho gave you an appreciative smile and made his way to the bathroom after Kai, Sehun and Kyungsoo already finishing up their shower.

The house was quiet, the only thing you could hear was the humming from the washing machine picking up speed. You grabbed a jacket, since it was getting colder each day, and slipped on your shoes.

But before leaving the house, you knocked against Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s room, “Baekhyun you have to shower or you’ll be sick.” You waited for a reply but none came. You guessed that Chanyeol was asleep and maybe Baekhyun was too. But you didn’t want to risk the chance of barging in and finding the latter awake.

So instead, you gave another shout hoping that it had gotten through and left the house. You made your way down the dark, and empty street and turned a corner. The only store that was still brightly lit at this time was the 24/7 convenience store.

Running around, you grabbed chips, ramen, some packaged frozen pizza and even ice cream. *Hmm… Sehun likes these soft bread* You thought and threw the item into your basket.

*Now what chickens should i get* You stared at the revolving machine. You were sure that someone would grow hungry and wake up in the middle of the night to go rummage through the fridge. So instead, you bought every chicken that was left on the shelf.

Your basket was filled to the brim with the amount of food for 7 people. Lastly, you grabbed enough hot packs to last a month for the boys, and extra medication for illnesses knowing that it was going to be a tough comeback. And with all of your shopping done, you paid your money and walked out of the store with two big bags in hand. 

*I wonder if Baekhyun took his shower yet* Your concern for the latter showed on your face as your scrunched up your nose.

Nonetheless, the cold breeze of the night air felt good on your face. You hummed the whole walk home. Only stopping when you suddenly got a text in front of the dorm building.


“I’ve cleared a free day for EXO tomorrow. You’ll be getting a call in a few minutes asking to take them on an MT to get them more relaxed and ease the tension before their comeback. Get to know them and have them trust you. I’ve pulled my sasaeng group back so no one will disturb you. This is the first vital task, if you can’t achieve this, our agreement will be stopped” ~ S.S. Corp.


You sighed, feeling your shoulders going heavy with burden. Just like the text said, a phone called made its way to your phone and the CEO is allowing EXO a small trip to go on tomorrow. After the conversation ended, your head grew blank, not even knowing what to do.

Your thoughts trailed to your little brother. The consequences that could happen if the agreement stop would be horrible to you and especially to your brother. This was the only road you could take to make sure your brother will be able to have a good long life.

Picking up your phone, your fingers automatically dialed the number that was drilled into your heart. After 3 rings, a sleepy woman’s voice picked up the phone.

“H-Hello…?” She croaked. You smiled, relieved that someone picked up and nothing had happened to the children.

“Ahjumma, it’s me”

“Sooyoung… Is everything ok? Why are you calling so late?” You gasp, totally forgetting that it was practically almost midnight. Guilt had overridden your urge to talk to your brother. 

But it was like she read your mind when you heard a chuckle on the other end. “Don’t worry about it, i’ll go and wake Taemin up. He’s been missing you alot”

You nodded like she would see it and waited. Shuffling of sounds could be heard in the background and footsteps that echoed through the house reached your ears. Then a voice resonated in your ears sounded so happy that broke your heart. You never knew you had missed your little brother until you heard his soft, warm voice.

“Noona” His sleepiness seemed to drift away as soon as he picked up the phone. “I miss you noona, when am i gonna be able to see you again?”

You sniffed the tears back and smile, trying to keep your spirits up, “Soon Taemin-ah, I promise…” Your voice cracked and trailed off.

“Noon don’t be sad… Taemin will be a good boy until you come to see me again” He patted his chest in a rely in me kind of way.

“Alright, i’m counting on you my little hero. Remember to take your medicine ok?” You chuckled, wiping the tears that were threatened to fall down your face. “I love you, good night”

“Bye noona” Taemin kissed the phone before hanging up with a click.

The cold refreshing wind from before felt hard as it cuts into your skin as your stepped into the dorm building, not even realizing that someone was watching your every move this whole time.

The house was dark, the only existing light that was burning dimly was a lamp in the living room. You set the two huge bags of groceries down on the kitchen counter and started sorting things into the cabinets and fridge.

*Guess everyone’s asleep by now* You thought. Quietly, you opened the door to Kyungsoo’s room that he shared with Kai. His limped form was passed out on the mattress. *Gosh, how hard it must've been for you.* You worriedly looked at the latter, hoping that he wouldn’t catch any cold. As silent as possible. You set the hot packs you had gotten on the nightstand next to his bed and tip-toed yourself out.

You would’ve done the same thing for Chanyeol but held yourself back before you entered the room realizing whose it was. But when you were about to pull your hand off the door knob, the door burst open with a furious looking Baekhyun glaring at you. His hair was still dripping with water from the shower that you were glad he took.

His eyes trailed down to your hand that was still hanging awkwardly in the air. “What were you about to do” He snapped. You doubled back and he just kept advancing.

“Nothing, i was gonna put this hot pack for Chanyeol’s but then i remember--” Your sentence was interrupted when you felt your legs hitting a dead end when it hits the sofa.

“Don’t lie to me” He hissed, “I saw you outside my window talking to someone. Was that why you wanted to get groceries instead so you could call more of you to come?!”

“No! Baekhyun…. it wasn’t like that” You tried to reason with him but it was no use. *I was only talking to my brother* You screamed inwardly, just hoping that he would stop accusing you of everything you do.

Baekhyun grabbed your hand that was holding the hot pack intended for Chanyeol, hard. You yelped but he didn’t even seemed to notice. “And what were you planning to do with this. Is this your excuse to go into my room and then steal stuff for yourself?!”

“Hyung! What are you doing!” Kyungsoo demanded as he strides over and pulled you safely to his side.

You didn’t even know when Kyungsoo had woken up and opened his bedroom door but you were just relieved that he did so at this time.

“Are you ok Sooyoung?” Kyungsoo glanced over his shoulder and you gave him a nod and rubbed your wrist.

“What are you doing up?” Baekhyun asked, acting like nothing has happened.

“Me? I should be asking you the same question! I was feeling sore and couldn't sleep and then i heard your voice hyung”

Baekhyun shrugged and waved it off. “Um… Kyungsoo it’s fine. You should sleep, CEO sunbaenim said you guys were allowed an MT tomorrow” 

Baekhyun stared at you, not sure if he wants to believe what you were saying. *Was that who she was talking to?* Anyway, he wasn’t going to apologized since he had done nothing wrong. So instead of saying anything, the latter just walked back into his room with a now slightly snoring Chanyeol.

“Thanks for the hot packs Sooyoung, and don’t let hyung get to you” Kyungsoo smiled and then went back to what he was going to do, getting a drink of water.

You let out an exasperated breath. *That was close* You felt guilt slowly building up for lying to these wonderful boys.


------------


*MT!!” Chanyeol yelled, feeling refreshed after a good night’s rest. You had made sure that Chanyeol and the rest of the hot packs when they had woken up this morning.

The company had rented a camping car for you guys to use today. You were driving of course with the boys in the back fooling around, happy to get a day off.

You could hear Sehun scream as he was getting his punishment from losing the round. You smiled for two things, it was going to be fun and second that no sasaeng fans would be following them.

“Yah! You cheated!” Kai screamed.

“Give that back hyung, how unfair” Baekhyun pouted.

The 2 hour drive to the camping ground was filled with the screams and laughter the whole way there.

 

-------------

A/N: If you guys have a wattpad, i update much more and do stuff much more than i do on AFF nowadays, so please check out my other stories i have on there that i haven't posted on here yet <3