Unexpected meeting

The Gift

I heard that Sunggyu had been offered to further his studies outside the country and I felt relieve. At least we wouldn’t meet anymore. After graduating, I helped my mother with her business. The money that we gained would be used for me to further my studies. I really glad that I had a mother like her.

I finished my matrix and was about to further my studies to Japan. I took medical course because of my mother’s wish. She really wished that I would be a woman’ specialist or gynaecologist. I would make my mother’s dream come true. I promised her.

I went to Japan for a vacation, alone. I wanted to know more about Japan before I studied in Japan. Luckily, the money that I collected was enough to go to Japan. When I arrived at Japan, I was feeling a little bit nervous. Well, it was my first time after all.

Walking aimlessly, I accidentally bumped into a person. Luckily, he didn’t mind. So I asked him the way to get to a hotel. He was kind enough to lead me to the nearest hotel that was perfect for me. I thanked him and checked in.

‘Hello Japan! I finally arrived safely.’ I said mentally. I threw my body on the bed and had a rest after a long day flight.

That night, I went to the nearest coffee shop. It was a habit for me to drink coffee at night. When I entered the café, I heard a thump. Then, I just realized that I had accidentally opened the door quickly since it was so cold, making the door slammed into a person’s face.

“OMG, I’m sorry!” I helped him getting up. When I saw his face, a scar formed on my heart. It was Sunggyu.

“Oh, it was you.” I said weakly. A bitter smile formed on my face.

“Sorry for that.”

“No, it was okay.” he said while rubbing his red nose. Since it was my fault because of my clumsiness, I treated him a box of macaroons.

“I didn’t know that you studied here.” I said as I took a sip on my caramel flavoured latte.

“I didn’t know that you are here right in front of me.” I let out a fake laugh, fake enough.

“I’m on a vacation alone.” I took another sip and slowly closed my eyes, having a better taste on the coffee.

“How long you will be here?” I looked at Sunggyu and thought for a while.

“Around a week, maybe.”

“That’s great! I can be your tour guide if you want to.” Sunggyu took a bite on the macaroon. I looked at him. Well, maybe he could help me since he was here. I nodded my head and smiled.

“Thanks.” Sunggyu smiled back and nodded.

“You’re welcome.”

 

After having a talk with Sunggyu, we went back to our place. I sat on my bed and stared blankly at the floor. Touching my racing heart, I realized that I fell in love with him again. Stupid me.