Where's Home?

Home with Love

I woke up at evening, realizing that I'm wearing an old Korean clothing for a royalty. Not minding my clothes, I excitedly went out of the room to find Chanyeol. When I went out, the servants bowed their heads to me and I just continued walking. After how many minutes, I found him outside his palace cuddling a baby.

 

"Hush now, baby. It'll be alright." he pleaded the baby to stop crying.

 

At the sight, I remembered myself taking care of the abandoned babies in the home. The baby didn't stop crying so I went near Chanyeol and carried the baby towards me. He was kind of surprised with my action. 

 

"Hush, little baby." I sweetly pleaded.

 

The baby didn't stop crying but when I hum a lullaby, the baby started to smile and feel sleepy. I cuddled the baby more when the baby finally fell on a deep slumber.

 

"Is this baby yours?" I asked him in a whisper.

 

"No. He's the son of my bestfriend, Jongin and his wife, Kyungsoo." he answered while looking at me with a smile.

 

"You look good in a hanbok. You really look like a princess." he added.

 

I don't know why but I felt like my cheeks were warmer than before. My heart started to pound that I could almost hear its every beating. I was still cuddling the baby when Chanyeol's bestfriend, Jongin arrived to get the baby.

 

"Good evening, Your Highness! Thank you for spending your time with Jongsoo." Jongin bowed for gratitude.

 

"Jongin, there's always no problem with that. I'm even jealous with you." Chanyeol responded.

 

"You don't have to be jealous, Your Highness. Time will come that you'll be having your child with Lady Hyejoo." Jongin teased.

 

My eyes got wide again and my forehead crumpled like a paper in disgust with what he said, when...

 

"Jongin, her name is not Hyejoo. She's Lady Hyejin." Chanyeol corrected him.

 

Did Chanyeol just said that? Oh my, he's back with his senses then. Jongin faced me and bowed in apology.

 

"Oh, I'm really sorry, Lady Hyejin. I didn't mean to..."

 

"It's alright. No need to worry." I cut his words and smiled.

 

"Can I get Jongsoo already?" Jongin asked.

 

I directly handed him his baby carefully. He cuddled Jongsoo and left with a goodbye. Only me and Chanyeol were left outside. I thanked him for what he's done awhile ago to Jongin.

 

"Thank you for identifying me as Hyejin." 

 

After that, I directly asked him on how can I go home. He thought for awhile and directed to some person that could help or solve my problem.

 

The night's getting colder and darker. Wind started to blow from every direction. Chanyeol noticed my hands were shaking so he got one hand and interwined it with his hand. I was quite surprised with the action but because I'm cold, it helped me to feel warm. After how minutes of walking on the dark cold night, we reached a temple.

 

"How could this one help me?" I asked in a whisper.

 

Before Chanyeol could answer, the door opened. An old man went out crutching a stick with his hand. The man smiled and welcomed us inside the temple. The temple was not that big but its kind of spacious. He directed us to a room and lighted an incense stick around me.

 

"Your Highness, can you wait outside this room?" the old man requested.

 

The tall prince obediently abided what the man had said. Turning back to me, the old man recognized me and told me something.

 

"You are Kim Hyejin and you lived in Seoul, right?" he asked.

 

I was delighted to hear him say that but, how did he know?

 

"You are here because you touched a bright thing." he added.

 

I was speechless with what he was saying. How did he know all of these? I was still trying to absorb what he has said when...

 

"You can only go home if you can make a true sacrifice for someone, big or small." he said.

 

I can't believe with what I've just heard. A sacrifice? What kind of sacrifice? Should I offer a live chicken, swine or anything? My mind now is already full of questions. Just then I remembered that before I saw the bright thing, I really sacrificed my sleepy head just to wake up early for Sehun-oppa. 

 

"That's it! A sacrifice for someone special to me!" I happily thought.

 

Without further ado, I thanked the old man and excitedly went out of the room. I was so happy when the old man called me again. I turned my back and smiled.

 

"Yes?" I asked.

 

"Can you call Prince Chanyeol to go to me first before you go out from this temple?" he favored.

 

"Okay!" I directly answered as my head is preoccupied in going home.

 

I went out of the room and searched for Chanyeol. He's not there. Where's that freaking prince again? I wandered and wandered when I saw a tall figure sitting on the side some yards away from the room's entrance. 

 

"Hey! Chanyeol, the old man called you to go inside." I called out.

 

He didn't respond nor move in his position. I went near him when I realized that he was peacefully sleeping. I was quite shocked to see him sleeping in a corner of a temple. Silly Prince! But when I looked closer, my heart pounded again. I felt that my cheeks warmed themselves inspite the cold weather. I felt an electric current flowing through my body stronger than I've felt with Sehun before. I touched my chest and moved away from him.

 

"Damn it, Hyejin! It's just two days since you've met this Hyejoo-loving brat! It's Sehun okay, not Chanyeol!" I scolded myself.

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol moved and brushed his drowsy eyes. While I was looking at him, my heart even pounded stronger than before that I lost my balance and my back touched the wall. He noticed my actions and I directly pretended to be okay.

 

"Hyejin, are you okay?" he sincerely asked while standing.

 

"Yeah. I'm okay.... Uh, by the way, the old man wants to talk to you." I responded with a hint of a shaking voice.

 

He smiled and pat my hair. My eyes got wide again and I felt my body froze. I never felt this way with Sehun ever before. I love Sehun or am I really just admiring him? I am doubting my feelings as Chanyeol went inside the room. Does my heart chose Chanyeol over Sehun?