Chapter 2

Hit (on) Me

The interview had long ended and each of the members had thanked the staff for a doing a great job and afterwards had retired to the waiting room. Changbum was sitting on the couch, playing a little on his phone, taking pictures here and there. Fumbling with his fingers a little, Jonghwan went over to him and sat down, ignoring most of the other members in the crowded room. "You really okay?" he asked softly. He tried hard to keep it cool and collected as he looked at Changbum, the events from earlier replaying before his eyes over and over again. Though he had brushed it off during the interview, he knew that he had smacked Changbum pretty hard. Surely, it must have hurt quite a bit to be hit dead on the nose.
Changbum looked up from his phone, smiling a little to himself at the sight of Jonghwan's knitted brows and nodded. He thought it was cute to see Jonghwan like this, fidgety and nervous. So cute. "Yeah, it's nothing that would kill me. It was just a little smack." he reassured him with a smile and another pat on his thigh. Changbum wondered if Jonghwan had noticed all the physical contact he directed towards him. Not that being physical was out of Changbum's character. 

Jonghwan could feel his cheeks get hot once again when Changbum's hand made contact with his thigh once more. He quickly looked down so the other wouldn't notice his flustered, pink cheeks, his head spinning like crazy. Changbum was paying so much attention to him that he didn't know what to do with himself anymore. Never would he have guessed that the rapper would react so positively to being smacked in the face. Maybe he had smacked him harder than he'd first thought? Jonghwan blinked, looking back up at Changbum as if terrified that he had broken the boy.
Puzzled, Changbum stared back at the singer who looked like he'd seen a ghost. "I'm starting to think you're more affected by the hit than I am." he said, blinking a little and reaching his hand up to Jonghwan's face, patting his cheek lightly to get his attention. "Hello? Earth to Jonghwan." 

Slowly but surely, Jonghwan snapped out of his trance, staring directly into Changbum's eyes. There's no way the rapper would not notice his flustered cheeks now that they were staring each other straight in the face. He felt like an idiot, a love-struck schoolgirl who was crushing like crazy over some popular jock. He wanted to be swallowed up by the ground but instead, he raised his hand, flicking his fingers against Changbum's forehead. "Yah, stop teasing. I'm still your hyung." he mumbled, his argument sounding anything but convincing.
Changbum rubbed his forehead a little in response, letting out a soft laugh. Jonghwan just looked too cute to him when he tried to scold him like that. Anyone who knew the singer personally could see right through his act. "Mian, mian." he replied, flashing the singer a smile. He got up, the manager calling all of them back to the parking lot so they could head to their next schedule, and as he did so, he grabbed Jonghwan's hand in his, pulling him up along with himself.

Jonghwan slowly looked down at the slim fingers that were wrapped around his hand. He started to notice how every piece of his skin that came into contact with Changbum’s started to feel hot. He looked up, watching the rapper’s back as he gently got dragged along, wondering if Changbum too could feel that burning sensation and if he understood what that meant. Just as he wondered if Changbum could return these feelings he had for him, he felt the rapper’s grip tighten ever so lightly and a sheepish smile graced Jonghwan's face. For now, he would pretend that Changbum did understand his heart and he would enjoy holding the rapper’s hand for as long as they could without creating too much suspicion.
Crazy as it may have sounded at the start of all this, hitting your crush might really help in some situations.