taking the big step

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

 

a/n: are guys in favor of adopting Hyunseong?? Really ?? No hard feelings? XD

Anyway I was surprised that I got like subbies overnight thanks everyone.

 

I will try to make it cute and fluffy but somewhere in the middle, I will inject some angst.. because if you’ve been following my other stories.. You’ll know that I love angst the most ^^

 

 

---- 

 

Myungsoo was excited for the kids that they’ll have but he needs to focus on the current task on hand. With his big envelope nestled in his arms and a goofy grin on his face, he led Sunggyu inside the orphanage and inside the Director’s office.

 

“Hello Mr. Park.” Myugnsoo greeted and owed politely. “My husband Sunggyu.” He introduced Sunggyu who bowed as well. 

 

“Ah, finally a face to a name, a cute one like you said Myungsoo.” She remarked and gestured for them to sit on the chairs across her desk. “How may I help you?” She asked and Myungsoo took a deep breath before smiling at her.

 

“We are thinking of entering the foster parents system.” Myungsoo said and looked at Sunggyu who sighed.

 

“Are you both sure about this? It’s a big responsibility.” Mrs. Park uttered and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“We’ve been talking about it and we don’t want to adopt immediately. We want to test the waters and being foster parents would gauge our readiness as parents.” Myungsoo said and Mrs. Park nodded.

 

“But your husband seemed unsure?” She questioned and Sunggyu sighed loudly.

 

“I am trying to overcome a condition.” Sunggyu told her. “I’ve had trust issues and hated on everyone around me. I am hoping being foster parents would prepare us when we build our family.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo held his hand and rubbed it with his thumb while he gave him a warm smile; Sunggyu was really trying his best and he appreciated that.

 

“Very well. The foster system is designed to extend civilian’s help in bringing up kids but cannot handle an adoption. You will need to sign a contract like most legal transactions and the foster system is minimum of 6 months but fully extendable to a year or two.” She handed them a draft contract. “At anytime during the contract period you felt attached to the child, you may apply for an adoption, legally claiming the child as yours. It is optional and not mandatory so don’t feel obliged to adopt your foster child” She said with a smile. 

 

“and since this is considered charity work, you will have tax exemption for the period of your foster care.” She ended and Myungsoo smiled wide as he was a step closer to achieving his dream of having a child.

 

“Would you like to scout for possible foster child?” She asked and Myungsoo nodded.

 

“I have my pick but I would want Sunggyu hyung to choose.” He replied and Mrs. Park nodded as she stood and led the two out of her office and into the small living room where a group of volunteer college student was teaching them some crafts.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes lit up as he watched the loud sounds of laughter and excitement from the children, He then took out his camera and started taking pictures, promising Mrs. Park to give her a copy to use for the orphanage’s website and photo albums.

 

Mrs. Park left them, informing them that they do not have to choose outright and that they could interact with the kids before they settle with the kids. Sunggyu nodded and bowed at her before watching his husband click away.  He can’t help but smile seeing his beloved this happy, Myungsoo really wanted this and he would do everything he could to make it work. 

 

He scanned the room, observing the kids as they interact with the volunteers and even posing for Myungsoo. He wondered who they would choose, that one kid that will decide their family’s future.

 

As he walked around the space, he noticed the same boy he saw a few days back and his brows furrowed seeing him alone and secluded, and no one seemed to care. He approached him and sat next to him. The boy looked up to him and then quickly looked down.

 

“hey Hyunseong am I right?” Sunggyu asked and the boy merely nodded. “You hungry?”  He asked and the boy bit his lip before deciding to nod, it was near lunch time anyway. “Want to join me for some chicken wings?” He asked and the boy looked up at him and bit his lip again before sighing then shaking his head. 

 

Sunggyu couldn’t fathom why this sight is tugging at his heartstrings, why this boy as particularly pulling him out of his conventions and making him do what he thought he would never do in years.

 

“Come on, let’s eat.” Sunggyu said, extending a hand for the boy. “Don’t be shy, I’ll treat you.” He said with a wide grin. 

 

Hyunseong looked at the hand and to Sunggyu’s face to see if this was some sort of prank. But the smile on the elder’s face was inviting him, plus he was really craving for chicken wings. “Can I really come?” he asked, voice soft but melodiously pleasant to hear.

 

“Yeah, come on before I change my mind.” Sunggyu said and that sealed the deal.

 

Hyunseong took the hand and Sunggyu held it firmly. He then walked towards  Myungsoo who was smiling wide at them.

 

“You’ve decided hyung?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu nodded.

 

“We’re going to eat chicken wings.” Sunggyu announced and Myungsoo gave him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“I’d love that.” he replied and the three of them walked towards the director’s office to finalize the contract.

 

Mrs. Park was surprised to see the couple with Hyunseong, not beacause the kid was not worthy, but because he was the least noticable. Hyunseong had his charms but the way he secluded himself from the world had made him almost invincible to the visitors of the orphanage.

 

"Are you sure?" Mrs. Park asked and Myungsoo nodded happily.

 

"We want him!" Myungsoo chirped. 

 

Hyunseong was a bit confused, he was just expecting some chicken wings.

 

"You'll be under our care for a while okay?" Myungsoo asked, leveling himself with the kid. Hyunseong was still confused until Mrs. Park explained it to him in a more detailed way.

 

Hyunseong nodded and then looked up to Sunggyu who had a smal smile on his face. Mrs. Park smiled and took out the papers for them to sign. After a quick flowthrough on the contract and everyone agreed, they signed the contract and led Hyunseong out of the office  

 

"Shall we get your things?" Myungsoo asked and Hyubseong nodded, leading them towards the bunk beds and grabbing a small bag under his bed before pulling out his clothes from the drawer. 

 

Myungsoo decided to help him while Sunggyu observed them. His heart ached though, seeing how few the kid's belongibgs were and how old they are. Sunggyu made a mental note to drop by the department store to buy the kid a few stuff.

 

"Shall we have chicken wings now?" Sunggyu asked with a smile and Byubseong nodded, giving him a small smile as well.

 

...

 

A/n: so i am going a step at a time with this wahahha