another step forward

I, You and Our Baby [Discontinued]

 

a/n: Oh my gosh more fluff I am afraid~  and yes.. Sunggyu is getting there… a few more push and we’ll get there (eventually).

 

--- 

 

Sunggyu was fighting the smile on his lips as Myungsoo excitedly chose the size of uniform for Hyunseong and let the five year old try it on. The  blue shirt was too much color for him but he thanked the school that it wasn’t shocking pink. When they got the perfect fit, Myungsoo filled out the order form and the staff got the uniforms for the kid.

 

After getting the uniform, they then went to the bookstore to get his notebooks and books. They then picked out the school bag that will fit Hyunseong; a bright Blue backpack with the school logo as a design; Myungsoo was squealing at the cute bag, embarrassing both Sunggyu and Hyunseong as the other parents looked at them weirdly.  Once they got everything, Sunggyu paid for everything and led them back to the car to go home.

 

“Shoes!” Myungsoo shouted out of the blue, making Sunggyu step on the brake pedal.

 

“What?” Sunggyu asked, recovering from the shock.

 

“Shoes, hyung! Hyunseong needs shoes and socks!” Myungsoo said and Sunggyu sighed and nodded, shifting gears and driving to the mall to get the said items.

 

“Why are you so excited? You are not the one entering school!” Sunggyu asked Myungsoo who pouted at him.

 

“Of course I am excited. Many parents would be nervous about leaving their children for school but my case is different. I want Hyunseong to enjoy school.” Myungsoo replied as they walked inside the mall.

 

“You are scaring him not making him excited.” Sunggyu replied and Hyunseong chuckled softly.

 

“Sorry.”  Hyunseong uttered but Myungsoo just chuckled.

 

“We love each other too much don’t we?” Myungsoo asked the kid and Hyunseong nodded.

 

“You surely shows it differently than Uncle Jinki and Uncle Henry.” He replied and Myungsoo smiled at him.

 

“Of course, but we really love each other right hyung?” Myungsoo asked and Sunggyu just scoffed but smiled at him.

 

“Show it later then.” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo flushed at the words spoken, and in front of Hyunseong.

 

“Yah!” Myungsoo chased the older who ran away like a kid.

 

Sunggyu ran and picked Hyunseong up and headed towards the kids section. He was laughing and though surprised at first, he was joining in the laughter; perhaps Sunggyu isn’t as bad as he thought he would be.

When they reached the kid’s shoe section, he searched through the various leather shoes, still carrying Hyunseong in his arms, the boy clinging to his neck and shaking his head as Sunggyu asked for his opinion in the shoe design.

 

Myungsoo’s heart swelled with joy seeing Sunggyu that much intimate with the boy. He grabbed his phone and took pictures of the rare moment. His smile was wide and proud: Sunggyu is surely trying his best to be a father to Hyunseong and getting there as the moments passed.

 

Hyunseong pointed to a shoe by the top shelf and Sunggyu walked there. He examined the shoe and asked Hyunseong.

 

“You want this?” He asked and the boy nodded. He called out to a salesperson for assistance and requested for Hyunseong’s size. The girl walked towards the stockroom and Sunggyu walked to a nearby couch to sit and wait for the shoes.

 

“Thanks Sunggyu-nim.” Hyunseong uttered softly and Sunggyu’s eyes wavered with realization of what he just did but he smiled a little and nodded; not that he hated it but he’s still not used to it. 

 

Myungsoo soon joined them and instantly hugged Sunggyu and nuzzled his face on the elder’s chest. “Hyung I love you!” He muttered and Sungyu smiled as he ruffled the raven hair of his husband.

 

“Love you too!” Sunggyu replied and kissed the top of Myungsoo’s head.

 

Hyunseong found it endearing, to the point that he wanted to join in the hug as well; oh what would that feel? Myungsoo noticed him and soon opened one arm for the kid to squeeze into. Hyunseong smiled happily and joined Myungsoo in hugging Sunggyu; Sunggyu eventually wrapped an arm around the boy.

 

“Excuse me.” The salesperson spoke softly and that broke the family moment. 

 

Myungsoo quickly sat next to Sunggyu and placed Hyunseong on his lap as the girl assisted the boy in fitting the shoes. Once he was wearing both shoes on his tiny feet, both Hyunseong and Myungsoo looked at Sunggyu who looked at the two briefly.

 

“Stand over there Hyunseong.” Sunggyu instructed and the boy quickly went down on Myungsoo’s lap and stood in front of them.

 

Sunggyu looked at him and then asked him to turn around. The kid followed and Sunggyu nodded. “We’ll take it!” HE remarked. “And give me that one and that one okay?” He asked the salesperson who nodded and quickly took the stocks.

 

Myungsoo and Hyunseong were both gaping at him and Sunggyu raised his brow. “What?” He asked. “You need at least three pairs of leather shoes. A pair for regular use, a pair for formal occasions and a back up just in case the two suddenly dies on you.” Sunggyu explained and the two nodded in understanding.

 

After they had tried on the shoes, Sunggyu paid for it and was soon leading them towards the sneakers area. Myungsoo was confused by Sunggyu explained to him. “Physical education. Do you expect him to wear leather shoes?” Sunggyu said and Myungsoo smiled then nodded; reminding Sunggyu that in fact, he has a black kitten for a husband.

 

“You really prepared for this haven’t you?” Myungsoo asked, his hand wrapped around Sunggyu’s waist as the other held Hyunseong.

 

“Did not.” Sunggyu replied. 

 

“Whatever hyung, Thank you.” Myungsoo uttered and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

 

Sunggyu grinned and pulled him into a chaste kiss before turning to Hyunseong. The boy looked at him, a bit scared of the sudden focus on him. He smiled a bit and held out a hand.

 

“Are you going to say something Hyunseong?” Sunggyu asked and the boy fidgeted for a while.

 

It was now or never for Hyunseong; he was given a chance and he must grab it. So he jogged to Sunggyu and wrapped his tiny arms around the elder’s neck then kissed his cheek. “Thank you Sunggyu-nim.” He uttered and Myungsoo watched as Sunggyu’s smile widened and returned the embrace. He carried the boy and Myungsoo was left to carry the bags but he didn’t mind at all.

 

“Let’s have some snacks shall we? I am famished.” Sunggyu announced and Hyunseong happily chirped his choice of food.

 

“Chicken!” The boy happily exclaimed making both Myungsoo and Sunggyu laugh. 

 

“Great choice Simba.” Sunggyu replied and soon gestured for Myungsoo to follow them towards the chicken restaurant.

 

Myungsoo was happy, his family is getting together and it won’t take that much longer for Sunggyu to embrace fatherhood; and when that time comes, he’ll have to raise his proposition. But until that day, he’ll have to settle with the status quo; at least they are looking more of a family.

 

----

a/n: see fluffy cotton candy stuff… and yes.. Gyu is really trying his best to get there.. so let’s keep our fingers crossed ^^