Home Sweet Home?

Unspoken I Love Yous

After nearly an entire day of travelling Ashley finally found the light at the end of the tunnel. Her parents greeted her warmly and happily brought their daughter home.

“Ashley, go on upstairs and change. We’ll make dinner.” Ashleys mother said.

Ashley nodded and began her trek up the stairs with her heavy suitcase. It had been a very long time since she had last returned home and she was hoping her room had been kept the same. She flung the door open and nearly screamed. Jihoon was standing in front of her bed with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

“Uh…Hi?”

Ashley threw her purse at the young man.

“What the hell Jihoon! Where were you? Why are you here?” She yelled as she continued to throw anything she could get her hands on at him.

“Ash, I’m sorry! If you’d just let me explain.” He cried, trying to dodge the flying objects.

Ashley dropped what she was holding and placed her hands on her hips.

“I’m waiting.”

“In my defense you never told me what time your flight was…”

Ashley picked up another object and chucked it at the young man.

“You could’ve called me and asked. Or here’s a novel idea… You could’ve come home. Do you know how worried I was? What if something had happened to you?!”

“Ash, I’m fine… You however…”

Ashley, having run out of things to throw, tackled the younger boy onto her bed. She grabbed one of her pillows and started whacking him.

“Is this funny to you?”

“Kind of.” He laughed as he grabbed the pillow, successfully stopping the older girls assault.

Ashley sat on his stomach flushed and exhausted from her attack.

“Are you okay now?”

She nodded. “Why are you here in my house?”

“Well… When I woke up this morning and I didn’t know what time your flight was I just went to the airport and hopped the first flight to New York. When I arrived I called your mom and she said you weren’t going to be here until later so your parents came and got me and here I am.” He explained.

“But why are you here?”

“Because I can’t live without you…” He stated matter-of-factly.

“You’re being ridiculous.” Ashley scoffed.

“Ash, I’m serious. I love you.”
“I love you too but that’s no reason to come halfway across the globe.”

“Yes it is. I’m in love with you Ash. I want to be with you.”

Ashley blinked. “I’m sorry?”

“I also had an ulterior motive in coming here.” He said trying to reach into his pocket.

He pulled out a dark grey box and held it close to his chest so Ashley couldn’t snatch it from his hand. He opened it and Ashley’s jaw dropped.

“I had to ask them for permission.” He said taking out the diamond ring and showing it to the older girl.

“Jihoon…”

“Ash, you’re my other half. You’re my best friend. I…”

“Jihoon… Risae…”

“She totally approves.” He smiled making Ashley raise an eyebrow.

“Excuse me?”

“This may sound crazy but I had a dream and she told me she knew. She said she always knew and that it was okay and that she supported us. She told me to come get you.”

“And Eunb?”

“She said we’d have cute babies.” He laughed making Ashley laugh.

“Again?”

“Again?” Jihoon repeated.

“She used to tell me that all the time.”

“Ash, I love you. I’ve been in love with you for all these years and I was too stupid to tell you. I always thought you were too good for me and I know that you are but I want to be with you and I will do everything I can to show you how much I love you. Whether it is here in New York or back in Seoul. As long as I’m with you I don’t care.”

“I’m not to good for you Jihoon. Don’t be ridiculous. No one is perfect.”

“You’re perfect to me.” He smiled. “Now this isn’t exactly how I planned on doing this but I’ve never been good with plans so this is probably the best possible outcome with this situation. Ashley Choi… Will you marry me?”

“Hm… Well you did come all this way…”

“Ash, seriously?”

Ashley leaned down and kissed Jihoon. “Of course I’ll marry you. All you had to do was ask. I’ve been yours since the beginning.”

Jihoon smiled his first heartfelt eye-smile in years and slipped the engagement ring onto Ashleys finger. She admired it for a few seconds before lowering herself to hug him. Jihoon wrapped his arms loosely around the older girls waist.

“Do you know how long I’ve had this?”

“Do I want to?” She asked.

“Probably not.” He laughed.

-----------------------------------

The jingling of keys startled Zuny and Sojung. When the door opened to reveal Jihoon the two girls launched themselves at him in a group hug.

“Where were you?”

“You didn’t come home for two whole days.”

“We were so worried.”

“Ashley is gone you idiot. Why did you let her go?”

“Guys… Guys… Relax will you?” He said pushing the two girls away. “I had something important to do.”

Jihoon sidestepped into the apartment revealing the girl behind him and all of her luggage.

“Ashley!” Zuny and Sojung cried hugging their leader.

Sojung spun on her heels and narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

“How did you get her to come back?” She asked.

“Apparently all I had to do was ask.” He smiled.

“OH MY GOD. LOOK AT THIS RING!” Zuny squealed.

“You proposed?!” Sojung yelled.

“Uh… Yes?”

Sojung tackled the younger boy into a hug. “I’m so proud of you. My little baby has finally grown up.”

“I think this is the first time you’ve ever been so affectionate towards me.” Jihoon pointed out.

“Do you know how jealous Ashley and Risae get? I wasn’t allowed to be affectionate.” Sojung laughed.

“I’m not that bad… Am I?” Ashley asked.

“Unnie you snapped a pen in half when you caught one of the KARA members flirting with Jihoon. A PEN!” Zuny said.

“Zuny and I had to drag Risae away when she saw Seolhyun flirting with him because she said she was going to deck her. You two are the epitome of jealousy.” Sojung continued.

“Maybe that’s why we got along so well.” Ashley laughed.

“I’m just happy you two finally figured out that you were in love.”

“I’ve always known. It just took me a while to express it. You know I’m not good with emotions.” Jihoon said.

“So when’s the wedding?” Sojung inquired.

“We don’t know… But! Zuny, this may be a strange request I’ve ever asked of you but I was wondering if you’d be my best man… Well best woman, I guess would be the correct term…”

“Of course I will!”

“And Sojung will you be my maid of honor?”
“I think I’m going to cry.” Sojung joked. “This is so wonderful.”