Chapter 3

Unexpected Contract

~So Eun~

I'm driving to town to meet someone. I need to discuss about my branch in Korea. That way, I can go back home to work for my business next time.

After a minute of driving, I arrived in the conference room where the meeting will be held.

"Good monring, Ms. Kim." My new partner greeted me. Well, he's a guy.

"Good morning." I greeted back while smiling.

I sat in front of him. "So, let's discuss about the branch will be partner in your mall?"

"Okay. By the way, I'm not the true owner. The CEO is really busy right now and I'll be the one who wend here." 

"Oh, I see. Can I meet your CEO next time?" I asked politely.

I thought I'll be meeting the CEO, but he just send someone here to meet me.

His phone rang. "Oh, please excuse me."

I nodded and wait patiently. I should get this deal. It will be a big help for me. It can expand my business.

"Sorry for waiting, Ms. Kim." He said and sat down once again.

"It's okay." I smiled.

"My boss changed his mind. He'll be here a few minutes." He said and placed his phone back in his pocket.

"That's good." 

That's a good news to me. It's better that we can talk personally.

Someone opened the door. "Oh, he's here." the guy stood up and bowed down.

I turned to greet the CEO, but stopped when I recognized who was it.

Why is he here?

I felt my world stopped when he looked at me. We're staring at each other.

"Sir, please meet Ms. Kim So Eun. She's the one who send a request for us." The guy introduced me.

I snapped out of my thought when the guy called me.

"Oh..." I quickly stood up and slightly bowed at him.

"So-..."

I cut him off and offered my hand at him. "Kim So Eun. Owner of Sew in Style Fashion Shop."  I smiled and waited for him to accept my hand shake.

He held my hand and shake it, but I felt he squeeze it lightly. It's been awhile since I saw him. I didn't noticed that we're staring at each other.

I'm the first one to pull out my hand from him and smiled.

"Uhm...Nice to meet you, Ms. Kim." He gestured me to sit down. "Mr. Jung you can leave now."

"Yes sir." Mr Jung bowed down and went out of the room before closing the door.

"So Eun I-..."

I didn't want to hear him called my name ever again and also talk about our past.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Sir. Lee. But I'm here to talk about business only." I said, emphasizing the word businees on him.

"Oh okay..."

Luckily, he didn't ask anything again.

"Here's the contract about our partnership." I gave the contract to him.

I frowned a little when he didn't get the contract. I looked up at him and saw him staring at me.

"Mr. Lee..." I called his attention.

"Oh. Okay." He got the contract and started to read it.

"So as what I heard, you have a fashion company in LA."

"Yes sir. And for this partnership. I can have another branch here in Korea." I said confidently.

"And you won't be leaving again?"

I was caught off gaurd on what he said. I could sense that there is other meaning of it.

"We have our own design and right now, we have our best seller clothes in LA." I ignored what he was aking me.

I'm okay now, without him in my life.

"Sir-..." I was about to say something when my phone rang.

I looked who was it. It's my secretary.

"Excuse me, sir. I need to take this." I said and got up.

He nodded and smiled at me.

~Minhyuk~

I couldn't believe that So Eun was in front of me. I didn't know that she's the one who will offer this partnership.

After a few years not seeing her or even heard news about her. She just appeared in front of me like nothing happened between us.

Where is So Eun that I know in the past?

She really get mature and more beautiful now.

~So Eun~

"What?!" She was surprised on what her secretary said.

"Sorry Ms, but our profit is really low. The other investors are pulling out their money from us."

she couldn't believe what she just heard. Why they're doing this.

"Charles, do you know why they are doing this?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure, Ma'am. But I think, Sir Baekhyun is the one who doing it."

Aish...I knew it. Because I rejected him for marriage. He did it to let me accept him and help me bring back my investors.

"I'll be going there tomorrow." I said ang hung up.

I turned to face him. "Uhm...I'll let my secretary to schedule another meeting with you, Mr. Lee." I bowed down and get my bag.

"I'm sorry for leaving you suddenly." I apologized.

He raised his eyebrows and got up.

"Care to tell me what happened?" He asked me.

"I have a problem back in LA." I just said. "Good bye and thank you for giving time." I added and bowed down then leave.

Author's POV:

So Eun left quickly and drove off back home. She need to go back to LA as soon as possible.

It's a big problem for her. There's a possibility that her own hard work will come into waste. 

On the other hand, Minhyuk was really confused why she left quickly. He wanted to know what her problem is.

"Hello Mr. Jung, please know what is Ms. Kim So Eun's problem about her company and quickly report it to me." He said and quickly hung up.

He could see in her face that she has a big problem. He wanted to help her too.