Chapter 6

Unexpected Contract

~So Eun~

I was sitting on the side, just staring at the blue sky outside of the airplane. We’re going to London to have our honeymoon.

I frowned while thinking about it. I was just surprised when our parents gave us two tickets for their gifts. We couldn’t say no because it’s a gift from them.

While looking at them after the wedding. I could see my mother really happy while looking at us.

Even they knew what the true meaning of our marriage is. They are all supportive to us and accept that we got married because of some problem.

After boarding the plane, I was thinking of what happened. We got married in a sudden. I closed my eyes when I realized what I did.

I accepted his offer and became his wife. I’m no longer Kim So Eun, but a Lee.

“So Eun…”

I snapped out of my thoughts when he called me. He was sitting next to me. It’s our first conversation after the wedding. We didn’t talk about what happened and acted like a married couple in front of our relatives.

I looked at him and waited for him to talk.

“Now, that I’m your husband, I will take responsibility.”

I raised my eyebrows on what he said. I don’t understand what he was trying to say. He looked serious while saying it to me.

“No need, Mr Lee. We already talked about this. We’re married because you want to help me. We will act as a married couple in front of others.” I calmly said and looked at him, waiting for his response.

I don’t want him to take responsibility to me. I’m not a kid and I know how to take care of myself.

He was just staring at me and I could see something in his eyes, it’s like pain.

“So Eun, call me by my name. I’m your husband, not a business partner.”

I frowned on what he said and looked at him.

Now, he wanted to act as a loving husband to me. After he did to me, he wanted to work out with this marriage.

“I’m just using your last name, Mr Lee. I’m not owning you, so don’t worry.” I told him and sat back on my seat. “You don’t have to worry. You still can date any girls you like, I don’t care.” I closed my eyes, not wanting to have argument with him. I’m still tired.

“Lee, so Eun, you’re my wife now.” I heard him said.

I still ignored him and tried to sleep.

“We’re going to act as a married couple, whether you like it or not.” I could hear his cold tone while saying it.

I opened my eyes and looked at him. “We’re not. Stop forcing me to be a loving wife, we’ll get a divorce sooner. So why are we going to work this marriage.” I raised my eyebrows while looking at him.

“You’ve change.” He muttered while staring at me.

“I know, you no longer know me like I don’t know you.” I said and looked away from him.

I don’t want to look at him too long. I could feel my heart weaken and it made me scared. I will never fall for him ever again. He just the one who hurt me. He didn’t know how much I was broken when he left me.

“So Eun, please. Stop doing this. Past is past. Let’s start a new life. Together.”

I clench my fist on what he said. Past? He was saying that all the things he did to me is just in the past.

I don’t want to make a scene in here. I controlled myself and just closed my eyes.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

When we arrived at the hotel. I was the one carrying my bag. Minhyuk tried to get it from me, but I refused.

“What?!” I was surprised on what the receptionist said.

“Sorry Ma’am, but there’s only one reservation for you and Mr Lee.”

I turned to look at him, asking for his help but he was also surprised.

What the hell, I’m sure our parents plan this all.

I just sighed and carried my bag. We don’t have a choice, I don’t want to go home quickly. I wanted to relax for a while.

“Let’s go.” I said and grabbed the card.

We went to the elevator. We still didn’t talk after the argument in the plane. I was really angry on what he said. I don’t care if it was already in the past.

I unlocked the door and went inside. Unfortunately, we’ll be sharing one room for the whole vacation. He was following me inside the room.

“It’s our vacation.” I told him and went to the bedroom to place my bags.

“You want to go somewhere later? Let’s eat lunch outside.” He offered.

I just nodded and lie down on the bed. I was really tired and wanted to rest for a while.

 

~Minhyuk~

I was sitting while looking outside the window, sipping a drink of coffee. I sighed while thinking of what she told me.

I know that I hurt her, but I was also hurt that time. I didn’t have a choice. This is what I was scared of. She won’t understand me.

Thinking what she was saying earlier, making me feel weak and guilt over come me. I didn’t know that what I did to her made her change completely.

I turned to look at her. She was sleeping peacefully on the bed. She got tired after the wedding ceremony.

I leaned back, remembering our wedding. I always dreamed to be her husband, and now here we are. She has my last name now.

I should be happy knowing the she’s mine, but looking at her, I remembered what I did to her. I always saw how she cried in front of me that time.

Burying my face on my hand, making me frustrated while remembering it. I wanted to apologize for everything, but she never listened to me.

It’s hurt thinking that this marriage is not for love, but something else. Like what she said, this is all for acting, our marriage is just a contract.

That time when I offered the marriage, I was afraid that someone get her from me. For over three years, I never forget her. She’s the one I wanted for the rest of my life. I will never let someone be with her, only mine.

I place the cup of coffee on the centre table and stood up. I was staring at her while walking to her. I missed seeing her peaceful face. Every time I looked at her, I always saw her anger to me that made me feel guilty.

Sitting down beside her sleeping figure, I wanted to hug her tightly. I caressed her hair while watching her sleep.

Hoping that one day, she’ll forgive what I did.

I’m always be beside her even she tried to push me away from her. That’s how she’s important to me.

-----------

Please support my new story. I hope you all like this.

Let me know what you think of my story and also please subscribe