Chapter One

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                             

 

Author P.O.V

 

“The 10th death in the same week,” report a young police officer to a detective.

 

The older man did not speak. He gave his young colleague a simple nod as a sign that he understood regarding the information given. He was very much aware of the number of deaths that happened at the moment. The report given by the officer was quite useless to him but he muttered thanks afterwards regardless.

 

“Pyo Jihoon.” The officer read the name of the victim.

 

 

“The way he died…,” said the young officer, or rather known by his name, Taecyeon. “… was quite tragic. No different from the other 9 deaths. Pretty much like a killer signature don’t you think?”

 

Detective Jinyoung Park did not respond. The man did not mean to be rude but he was once again absorbed in his own world. Drowned in his own thoughts about every possible theory regarding the case.

 

This was definitely not his first time in handling such case. As one of the most excellent detectives, he felt slightly pressured by the thought that he won’t be able to do this alone like he used to. He had his ego in the way. Jinyoung park or JYP never needed anyone as an assistant. He himself can solve numerous crimes without help but he had to admit, the case was starting to take a toll on him.

 

Leaving officer Taecyeon behind, he stepped into the police line just to take a closer look at the victim. The place was flooded with police officers, ambulance and forensic experts. Jotting down every detail there were, picking up evidence they found as well as snapping photos at the crime scene.

 

A yellow tape separated the crime scene from the outsiders with the words “POLICE LINE. DO NOT CROSS.”

 

Jinyoung Park took a one last look at the victim, Pyo Jihoon who was covered with black cloth which pretty much looked like the dark plastic bag for huge waste bins. He made an analysis. Jihoon died with his eyes wide opened. He died in a state of shock. Pyo Jihoon was shot from the back and he was slaughtered in half.

 

To add up to the mystery and complication of the case, before he died there were numerous deaths before him. They were Jihoon’s family members as well as close friends. The occurrence was very unfortunate for a young man like Pyo Jihoon. For some people, his death might even be a good way to end his misery but the way he died? It was indeed very displeasing.

 

Jinyoung Park believed that this is not the end.

 

There was definitely more to come.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Being injured is definitely hurtful. However, being injured after getting thrown off from a helicopter was by far the truest definition of excruciating pain in her life. She got weaker and weaker as she ran through the woods. She felt something trickled down her forehead. Honestly she could not tell whether it was just her sweat or her blood.

 

She fastened her pace. The image of a burned helicopter slowly disappeared at the corner of her eyes. The helicopter was supposed to bring them all to a safety camp. Unfortunately they were under attacked even before they reached their destination.

 

‘They’ shot their helicopter down, making it swirled in the air as it gradually fell down with a loud crash. They tragically landed in a forest which appeared to be nowhere.

 

She highly doubted that the others survived. The helicopter crashed but it was not burned completely. There was a 0.1% chance of the others to be alive but she did not want to get her hopes up. She wasn’t even sure whether she should consider herself lucky after getting thrown out of the helicopter. She would rather die than having to run away and live her life as an escapee.

 

But at the moment she must run. Yes. Run.

 

Run away from ‘them’ before ‘they’ can even find her. There were too many of ‘them’. ‘They’ definitely outnumbered her. Moreover ‘they’ got guns. ‘They’ can shot her at any moment.

 

She finally slowed down her pace when she saw something right before her eyes. It was an old worn-out building, stood still, deep in the forest where no one lived anymore. She knew this place. It looked liked it had burned down and only a few fragments of the building remained. Nobody took care of the house anymore obviously. The lawn was not mowed. Tendrils coiled around the poles. Dust covered the walls of the building. It looked pitiful to her eyes.

 

This place used to be very lively. It used to be sparkling and full of people, full of joy. It used to be a place where she can definitely call home.  

 

But that was a memory from 6 years ago. 6 years since she left. 6 years that felt like an eternity.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Rise and shine Jung Yoojin….”

 

She heard a familiar voice calling her name from a distance.

 

“Jung Yoojin… wake up…”

 

It was a voice of a woman.

 

“Jung Yoojin…”

 

The sound grew closer and louder but she could not tell who it was.

 

“JUNG YOOJIN WAKE UP!” shouted Miss Park at her student, Jung Yoojin who was sleeping rather peacefully during her Chemistry class.

 

Jung Yoojin who was unaware of her surroundings slowly opened her eyes. Everyone in the class was laughing at her. She had saliva smeared across her face and she looked like she was having a very bad hair day.

 

Yoojin groaned. Suddenly it dawned upon her that she was no longer running in the forest.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter