Chapter Two

Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                         

 

 

Author P.O.V

 

Tedious. It was indeed another tedious day for Jung Yoojin. It’s not like she was not used to it. Her life after all was tedious after she moved in with the “Jungs”. Her name “Jung Yoojin” was in fact just a name. She was not one of the Jungs after all. In fact, she never was.

 

 

Yoojin bumped the basket ball on the floor and aimed the ball at the net. The ball passed through the net and bounced off on the floor and gradually decreased in altitude. She watched the ball bouncing off with no intention to pick it up.

 

 

She sat on the floor, catching her breath. Sweat trickled down her forehead and drenched her whole school uniform. Yoojin was playing basketball in the school basketball court. School ended hours ago and honestly she had no intentions to go back home; at least not that early. Home never felt like home to her. It was just a house but was never a home.

 

 

No. Actually it was not. It was not a house. It was a mansion. An extravagant mansion that was full with pretentious people. What can a girl who used to belong in an orphanage do in that house anyway? She never did anything right.

 

 

Yoojin slowly got up to start playing another round of basketball. She picked up the ball on the floor and started bumping it again. She ran around while bumping the ball and shot the ball right into the net. The ball bounced off on the floor. Yoojin went and picked up the ball and played with it again.

 

 

She did a few shots. She felt a satisfactory from every shot she made. Yoojin continued playing in the basketball court; completely unaware of a person whom had been watching her for quite a bit. The person sat in the audience seat. An empty audience seat to be exact but apparently was not that visible.

 

 

 It was a seat at the far end; near a door and at the highest row. It can hardly be seen by anyone without a closer look.

 

 

Yoojin made another 15 successful shots. She loved playing basketball honestly. She can release her stress that way.

 

 

Suddenly she heard a clap. Yoojin turned around and scanned the audience seat. The person who had been watching her playing was clapping his hands. He was impressed by Jung Yoojin. She made 15 straight successful shots in one go. That was definitely remarkable for him.

 

 

“Excuse me but who the hell are you..” Yoojin, with her usual monotone, questioned the boy who was at the audience seat.

 

 

The boy was no longer sitting; in fact he was standing like he was actually giving Jung Yoojin a standing ovation.

 

 

“I am really impressed by your skills,” he said, still clapping.

 

 

“You did not answer my question.. How long have you been here..” she said, slowly getting annoyed with the boy.

 

 

The boy grabbed his bag pack and walked down the stairs. “I have been here long enough to observe your wonderful shooting skills. You could make it in the female basketball team you know,” the person said with an eye smile. 

 

 

“Still not answering my question.” Yoojin stated rather bluntly.

 

 

“I did eventually but only one. In case you’re wondering why I’m here, actually, I am always here at this time of the day on every Wednesday. Fancy seeing another person using the basketball court today..”

 

 

Yoojin furrowed her eyebrows. Honestly she could not tell whether he was joking or he was being sarcastic. Fancy seeing another person using the basketball court? Was he actually trying to shoo her away?

 

 

The boy walked towards Yoojin. He stopped a few meters away from her not wanting to get too close. He thought that Yoojin might find him a little defensive.

 

 

“Funny. I am always here at this time of the day every day. I had never seen you before till today,” said Yoojin.

 

 

“Aaaaa… I think I know the real problem is here. You got the time wrong. You see, I am always here at 3 o’clock in the evening,” said the boy with a sweet smile.

 

 

Once again, Yoojin did not know whether he was mocking her or he was being honest. “I was here since 4 o’clock.” She defended herself. “I am always here at 4 o’clock. Besides, when I came in I did not see anyone using the court. I think you’re the one who need to check your watch… That is if you actually have any.”

 

 

The statement was rather offensive but being the nice person he was, he continued smiling at her before prolonging their small debate. “No. You’re the one who got it wrong. I was here since 3 o’clock.”

 

 

“I was here since 4 o’clock like I said before and it has been 30 minutes ever since which means it’s 4.30 right at this moment.” Yoojin stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

 

“No.” He objected. “It’s 3.30 now. You did not check the time properly or maybe the reading at your watch is wrong.”

 

 

“Wait. What?” Yoojin was slowly getting confused.

 

 

“It’s 3.30 now. Not 4.30,” he said with an eye-smile.

 

 

Honestly speaking it bothered Yoojin a lot; his eye smile. She did not know whether he really had it or he was faking it to mock her. She could not tell.

 

 

“You can look at that big clock over there,” he continued and pointed his index finger at a big fat clock hanged on the wall just across the room.

 

 

Feeling slightly discomfit, Yoojin started packing her scattered belongings. “Sorry,” she apologized. “I did not notice. I thought I came in at 3 o’clock.”

 

 

The boy just nodded in response.

 

 

Yoojin hung her sling bag on her shoulder after cleaning up all her things. “You seem to love this basketball court so much so I’ll get going,” said Yoojin, also not forgetting to mock him once again.

 

 

The boy was slightly taken aback by Yoojin’s words. He thought he was being nice to her. Why wasn’t she returning the favor? Ever since he was little, he learned that when you are nice to people, people will automatically be nice to you. What you give you get back.

 

 

Guess it does not apply to everyone.

 

 

The boy just shook that feeling off. He put his bag pack down on the floor and thought that it would be better to ignore her. The boy took out his basket ball that he brought along in his bag but stopped a few seconds after he saw something, an orange basket ball on the floor.

 

 

That definitely did not belong to him. The boy immediately grabbed the ball and ran outside.

 

 

“Hey!” He called out.

 

 

Yoojin who was already quite far away from the entrance, turned around after she heard the boy. “WHAT?!” Just as she was about to get even more irritated, an orange basket ball flew towards her and knocked her unconscious.

 

 

Yoojin fell on the ground with a loud thud.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter