Melts like Snow

Collection Of Bkyungs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Imagine your OTP experiencing their first snow together.

Kyung closes his eyes as the first snow fell on his nose and slowly melts. Every time this happens, a moment flashes in the back of his mind as he draws out a shuddered, foggy breath.

 

“Come here you two.” Miss Park called for the two little boys, mitted hands out-stretch for them. She’s helping the Lee’s babysitting over their son while they’re out shopping for Christmas gifts.  When the two boys reunited with her hands, she led them through the crowded streets of Seoul, making sure they’re not lost.

“Mom, let’s rest for a bit!” Little Kyung whined softly, his little pink nose buried in the comfort of his scarf. A slightly taller Minhyuk nodded his head too.

Miss Park looked over at the two little boys and gave in to their demands. As she led them to the central plaza, there’s a large pine tree decorated with red and bright ornaments stands in the middle circled by a marbled bench.

“Mom, there’s a star on the tree!” Using his free hand, Kyung’s little forefinger pointed to the star on top.

“That’s a Christmas tree, dear. It’s Christmas season right now.” She said to her excited son, hoisting him up and sat him down on the bench. Minhyuk had already helped himself by putting one leg on and worming his way up. 

“Christmas?” The 3-year-old tilted his head a little curiously.

“It’s the time where we get gifts from Santa.” Minhyuk breathed next to him, the remnants of his breath could be seen ghosting in the air.

Kyung eyes lit up to the words gift and Santa. “Mom, don’t lock the house tonight or Santa can’t deliver my gifts.” He grinned at her and she only chuckled, going along with her child antics.

“Mom promises not to lock the house, but you need to lock your room when you go to bed with Minhyuk tonight.”

“Minnie is going to stay over tonight?!” The little boy whipped so fast in his seat that he bumps his forehead with the said boy, earning a soft whine and groan and a few giggles from his mom. 

“Kyung, that hurts…” Minhyuk mumbles quietly, rubbing the red spot with his gloved hand.

Kyung gives the 6-year-old a sheepish smile before tugging his hand with a gleeful smile. “You’re really going to be staying over tonight? Can we play train again? Can we, can we, can we?”

“Woah, calm down there Kyungie.” Miss Park chuckled, sliding her hand under his fringes before pulling it upwards and kissing the reddish bump before doing the same with her friend’s child, earning a shy thank you from him. “You can play with Minnie after we get home, but bath first.”

Kyung immediately groaned at the prospect of ‘bath first’, having to hate delaying play time. “I wanna play…” Miss Park laughed at him and little Minhyuk smiled too, obviously amused by the younger child.

“Minnie, are you making fun of me?” Kyung pouted a little, his cheeks a bit tinted in color from the cold.

“I wonder if it will snow tonight.” Kyung’s mom said, shifting the attention of the two boys as she gaze up to the sky.

“What is snow?” Kyung eyes blinked, having to never hear of it before.

“Snow is something white, fluffy and cold.” Minhyuk explain to him, swinging his little legs in the air as he watches adults fumble around with paper bags, not really minding that his parent were taking a long time shopping.

“Eh, that kinda sounds like you, Minnie.” Kyung bluntly said before getting a swat by the boy. “Ouch! Hey, that hurts.” He pouted leaning over Minhyuk and stuck a tongue out in front of him.

Miss Park laughed softly. “Snow is something very beautiful. The old people used to say that if you spend time with someone you love when the first snow fell, you’ll find eternal happiness.”

Both boys stared at her with their mouth opened before Kyung suddenly broke out into a grin, squeezing his little entwine hand with Minhyuk. “I hope it snows today then.”

“Why’s that?” Her mom asked her child, tilting her head down to look at the two boys.

Kyung grinned widely as he looked at his mother. “Kyung loves Minnie. Minnie always makes Kyung happy.”

“Minnie loves Kyung too, right?” Kyung hopeful eyes turned to the older boy, squeezing their hands and Minhyuk smiled dimpled wide. “Of course.”

Kyung’s mother tried not to coo at the adorable sight of the two scarf-wrapped, nose pinked boys. Just then, Minhyuk’s parent arrived with hands full of bags that contain the children presents and some food for tonight celebration.

“Come here you two. It’s time to go.” Miss Park held out her hand to her son, but Kyung seems more interested in holding hands with Minhyuk as the older boy helped him down from the high bench.

“Ah, well you can help us carry this stuff then.” Minhyuk’s mother piped in, fumbling with the straps of the bag which Miss Park immediately took some.

“You shopped a lot today.” She said and Miss Lee only gave her a guilty smile before whispering in her ear.  “We’re going to be moving away next month since my husband just got transferred somewhere far for his job and it’s too difficult for us to go back and forth between the work place and our home.”

The news shocked her a little and glanced over the two boys, who were happily walking behind the adults with Kyung pointing at almost everything. “Kyung’s not going to take that news very well…” She whispered quietly to her, trying not to feel the ache in her heart if Kyung knew they were going to be separating.

“I know, so we’re going to make this year Christmas a memorable one for the kids.” The two mothers shared a sad smile together for they had been friends for quite a long time and so had the kids.

“Minnie, look! It’s snow!” Kyung’s high voice caught the attention of the adults and they watched as the two boys caught the first snow with their mittens hands.

“It’s pretty.” Minhyuk nodded his head as he watches a snowflake falls on top of his nose, before turning into a puddle of water making Kyung giggled beside him.

“Your face is wet now.” Kyung grinned while swiping Minhyuk’s nose gently with his mitts. Minhyuk eyes squeeze shut before staring at the snow falling on top of the boy’s head. 

“Oh my, all of us are going to be wet with snow if we stay out here any longer.” Miss Lee said trying not to sound amused as the snow keeps on falling. “I’ll go start the car.” Minhyuk’s dad rushes forward, carrying most of the bags and placing them in the trunk.

The two family manage to get home slightly snow tainted and had a merry dinner together.

 

When the news about Minhyuk’s family moving away was told to him a few days before the actually day, Kyung had cry a river and clung to the older boy for dear life but alas, he bid Minhyuk goodbye with cheeks drenched in tears and a runny nose. Ironically, on the day Minhyuk moved, it w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter