boku ga iru

beautiful

 

yuta/sana | era: smrookies/sixteen, canon, g

"Come to me slowly, with a trembling heart.
Forever, we’ll have an unchanging love."

 

Yuta’s eyes flickered open when he could sense someone’s presence beside him. Of course, it’s her with that usual bright smile attached on her pretty face while her hands were holding two large papercups of coffee. He let out a crooked smile; well, it looked a little sardonic, much to Sana's obliviousness.

“I thought you were about to build another hangar because I dozed off a while from waiting you.”

He sarcastically remarked as his hand casually took one of the coffees from her hand and he could catch at the sight of her pouty lips. He lightly chuckled and took a sip after apologizing to her along with a small pinch on her cheek, “I was joking, okay”.

Everything started to fall silent between them except the sound of continuous announcements for the next departures which was normal for them with this kind of silence. The taste of the bittersweetness of the latte blended perfectly inside his mouth. It didn't burn his tongue out because it’s perfectly warm like he wanted – she knew better when it came to his favorite foods, drinks and the things that revolved around them.

Yuta realized her doe eyes wandered around the airport, buzzing noises of the passengers and he thought that she looked kind of cute when she got so absorbed with the things that happened around them. The airport wasn’t hectic as much as in daytime and it’s almost midnight before they needed to check-in than an hour less.

His eyes trailed at her petite frame – she had gone skinnier than the first time he met her two years ago in Seoul. Her long hair was no longer that dark brown instead she dyed it into conspicuous auburn for her upcoming survival show.

Sana noticed that his eyes were gazing her cheeks too long and were about to bore a hole when she's somehow trying to shrug off the obvious scrutiny that Yuta’s giving. She'd get all shy and uncomfortable when people kept staring her; it felt like she’s alien of something – especially from him.

“Cut it out, will you? Is there something on my face?”

Sana turned her face to him with a confused one, squeaky voice, and Yuta tried his best not to laugh at her. Yes, there was something on her face – a small trace of foam from the cappuccino that she drank just now.

The white caffeine smidgen was perfectly attached at the end of her philtrum and specifically at the tip of her upper lips. In a split moment, all the memories started to float back inside his mind back to where the first time he met her and he felt like it was yesterday.

 

 

 

It happened 2 years ago with spring coming to Seoul delightfully and he missed Osaka so much – he’ll miss the blossom season for the first time in his life. He was sitting alone at the corner of a coffee shop, waiting for his Japanese friend to come over and have their usual coffee chat.

Hey, Yuta. I hope you don’t mind if I bring my girlfriend along but don’t worry, she brings a friend too,” a text from his friend came to his phone and he shrugged nonchalantly after reading it, why not.

Yuta really didn’t care when his friend brought his girlfriend along but then, he didn’t know that he would care about his friend’s girlfriend bringing a friend – a very pretty girl, to be accurate.

“Moshi moshi, I’m Minatozaki Sana.”

He’s somehow being uncomfortable when the girl suddenly greeted him with an overly bright smile and sat across of him. He didn’t know why he’s being so awkward all of sudden. That was so un-Yuta, he pondered in mind.

“Oh, really? I’m from Osaka too!”

Yuta swore that his eyes widened up with pure bliss when she chirped happily about having her hometown in Osaka as they were getting know each other personally. Since he came to Seoul, he had never met anyone specifically came from Osaka because most of his Japanese friends are from the big cities, Tokyo, and Yokohama but then, it’s such a bless to meet someone who came from the same place as him.

Since that, they became naturally close with each other. Sana was younger than him by a year and at times, his cheeks blushed a little whenever she called him onii-chan – because she made it sounded cuter and maybe, it's because she’s Sana, after all.

“You like Sana, don’t you?”

Yuta was completely surprised with the sudden question from Ten during a practice break, while the other boys seemed to be as curious as Ten with their serious look but then, Yuta was utterly confused to the core of his mind, digging for the right answer because it’s about her. Nothing about her was as simple as he thought.

“I don’t know,” his blank face had somehow matched with his answer, but his wild heartbeats were telling the opposite – maybe he does like her.

Winter was ending soon and his heart almost jumped out of his throat when she tiptoed on her flat ballets as she leaned on his lips for a kiss – it only lasted for a few seconds but to him, it was more than breathtaking.

She then flashed a cheeky smile before leaving the dumbfounded Yuta all alone outside her apartment building as she ran back to her dorm after having usual midnight hangout. But then, he’s sure that their feelings happened to be mutual, and that’s how everything started.

 

 

It happened in a blink of eyes when he leaned for a peck on her lips while Sana was too shocked at the sudden kiss. He leaned away with a smirk before responding at her wide blinking eyes, “yeah, technically yes. There’s something on your lips. Don’t worry, it’s gone already.”

He couldn’t help but to let out a soft chuckle when he saw her still-awestruck face, completely in dazed, “Hey, do you want me to do it again?”

Sana’s head shook in high speed before giving a light punch on his shoulder, cheeks in flaming pink tints of embarrassment and Yuta wrapped one arm over her shoulder. She leaned on his chest, being all cuddly and they loved every single thing that happened between them – even in between troublesome jetlag to Osaka and flying back to Seoul for their endless dreams. Because all of these were made for them, just both of them. 

 


It's osaka couple lol -- since both of them came from osaka, I have this strong belief that they're friends because I'm sure they would be so happy to see someone who came from the same place as them. not to mention, sm/jyp love power! yuta is so cute and manly at the same time while sana is such a shy girl and a bright one too! song; I love you by jisook & hyunyoung. p/s; "boku ga iru" means "I'll protect you" in japanese.