rainy spring night

beautiful

 

   hansol/seunghee | era: smrookies/pepe, canon, g

"Shine under a street light.
I’ll glomp in your warm overcoat and hear you breathing.
Oh, like a movie.
Shine it’s a special night which shines us.
I’ll walk around with you tonight on this awake street."

 

Hansol was homesick. He missed home so dearly but then, he knew that he can’t make his parents even worried. He had no other choice but to stay here for a little longer before he finally, officially hit the stage as an idol. However, that little longer seemed so infinite and he wasn’t sure about his future planning in hitting the stage. Maybe, that little longer can be sooner or never, he shuddered by the thought of it.

It’s almost midnight when he walked out from his dorm – he needed fresh night air right now because that’s how he handled his homesickness rather than stuffing his face with a pillow and let his eyes bawling out like Ten did. That’s not a helpful way to him. He just needed something that can clear his mind.

His hands were securely placed inside his jeans pocket while his head was capped with his sweater hoodie as he walked alone by the sidewalk; his mind was being less cramped. It seemed to be noiseless and the air was fresher because there’s no cars on the roads since people were already home, having their rest with their families – he sighed whenever he thought about it.

Maybe, if he didn’t think this far to pursue his dream, he would be still in Busan, having a complete life with his family now. Still, he can’t blame for being too ambitious over his dream and his parents were never against him – he just needed to work harder and gave his very best to show that it wasn’t a waste, at all.

As he’s being overthinking with his mind, small little drips of water from the sky landed flatly over the tip of his nose and all over the earth – it’s raining. Hansol cursed under his breath when he quickly dashed to a nearby bus stop.

 A sigh heavily escaped from his lips when he took a seat under the shielding bus stop. It’s like a double take of bad lucks with his severe homesickness and then, Seoul was raining in early spring, how great. But thank god, his clothes didn’t get too wet because he managed to run for a shelter with his long legs. The rain didn’t show any sign of stopping when the number of raindrops increased and it didn’t sound good to him.

Later, a girl ran to the same bus stop as him and somehow, the girl garnered his attention when his eyes trailed at her from the other side of the bus stop. She seemed not to realize his gaze when she’s too busy drying her wet blouse and her long brunette hair. Hansol still can’t see her face with her soaked hair covering almost of her face.

At first, he wanted to ignore her but then, he heard her faint sneezes all over from there. He remembers his mom’s saying – a real man is a man who knows how to take care a woman. Without thinking twice, he shrugged off his sweater and walked at her direction.

“Here, you can have my sweater. It’s getting cold. Don’t worry, it’s clean.”

The girl was a bit surprised with his sudden husky voice as she looked up into his eyes and he realized her eyes are sad even they’re almost veiled with the fringe over her forehead. At first, the girl seemed to hesitate to take it but then, she sneezed again which giving her no choice.

“Thank you,” her voice was sweet and soft to him and somehow, she looked somehow familiar to him but he failed to recall his memories. He replied with a small smile before retreating to his previous seat and everything went back to normal with them ignoring each other’s presence. Soon, the rain appeared to slow down and it’s fine for him to walk out on the streets.

Handsome stranger, wait! Don’t go!”

 

Hansol wasn’t sure about the sudden call of handsome stranger was directed to him but then, he spun on his heels nonetheless to see the girl from earlier rushed with her petite frame in his sweater making it looked oversized when she wore it. How cute, he thought.

“Well, would like to go to a coffee shop with me? No- I mean like, don’t misinterpret it. This is just a small little appreciation for lending me your sweater. Please?”

 

Hansol wanted to refuse but some way, her dark brown eyes were pleading him to take the offer and voila, he couldn’t remember when did he walked to a 24-hour coffee shop and she ordered two hot chocolates for takeaway – coffee didn't sound good because she knew that he needed to sleep, she tactfully said.

“So, what’s your name, handsome stranger?”

He wasn’t good with compliments even though he heard them a lot, especially when it came from a pretty girl like her. He insisted on walking her home because it’s getting late and he didn’t like the idea of a girl walking down the street all alone, “Hansol. Yours?”

“Seunghee,” and slowly, he recovered his memories back – she’s Seunghee, the girl from the rookie girl group from Cube, C.L.C. No wonder she looked kinda familiar – well, blame Doyoung since his girlfriend, Yoojin came from that group and keep watching CLC’s performances all over again.

“Oh, you’re from Crystal Clear, right?”

Seunghee simply nodded before sipping some of her warm chocolate while Hansol was getting a little confused for a while, “then, what are you doing in this kind of late hours? You know, a girl like you shouldn’t be wandering around the streets alone. It’s dangerous.”

The girl’s head hung low abruptly when she heard his concern before looking at him with a sad look, “I kinda miss my hometown in Gwangju.”

What a coincidence, Hansol thought. Both of them miss their homes right now which are all the way from Seoul and they have the same kind of thing in handling their homesickness – walking by themselves in late nights. That seems too startling, but coincidence does always happen, right?

“You’re not from here? I’m from Busan and just like you, I’m homesick too,” her eyes looked up at him with pure delight and Hansol thinks that her smile looked so genuine.

“So, how about we talk in satoori? But your satoori is from northeastern and mine came from northwestern which we would sound like a swan talking to a goose,” she pondered with a slight pout while he laughed at her implying them as swan and goose.

“But we can always try.”

Their conversation filled thru funny and weird words with their two different dialects clashed perfectly but then, they seemed to have a fun time because it’s nice to meet someone with some little similarities in themselves. Impressively, their homesicknesses seemed to drift away along the conversation.

“So, here we are. Thank you for the sweater, I’ll wash it and I’ll give it back whenever we meet soon if it possible or I’ll just pass it through Yoojin and Doyoung.”

 They’re standing across each other in front of the building of her dorm and unknowingly, both of them didn’t want this to end.

“Thank you too for the treat. Congratulations for your debut and good luck, I guess,” he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck with a smile on his face.

They bid farewells with heavy hearts and different steps. On his fourth pace, a tug at the back of his shirt made him turn around and a quick little peck was planted on his rosy cheek. Her pink lips were warm when they touched his cheek and Hansol kind of like it.   

He walks home with unusual heartbeats and he hoped that she’ll keep the sweater instead of giving it back to him – in some way, she’ll keep it, anyway. 

  


Hello, it's hansol and seunghee. both of them aren't from seoul and I kind of like the idea of them talked with each other in utterly different kinds of dialects. this is so random but i like the idea of them together lmao. oh well, this is just a mere crackship. song: romantic street by snsd.