Part 3

One Shot is not Enough

His hands were covered in blood, sweat and tears.

His breath got heavier and heavier by the second.

He was losing his vision, it was dark and cold and he had no idea where to go.

"This is it, I can't walk any further."

"Not without you guys."

 

The drug lord's condition was to bring the money to him at an abandoned underground subway one week after they left the tape.

Yongguk was calmly leading the group towards the tunnel. His word to the boys was to never let their guard down. Their sole purpose is to hand over some money, take Youngjae and leave. It was the only thing in their heads right now.

Junhong could've sworn his legs stiffen as they came face to face with their former boss and colleagues, not to mention seeing Youngjae's beaten up body, all he wanted to do at the moment is leave.

The situation could be less stressful if the criminal mastermind wasn't talking about how much he liked them back when they were his employees. Daehyun just couldn't stand how a hypocrite he was.

After a brief exchange of words between both the leaders and after Yongguk handed them the money, Youngjae was finally released. He felt freedom and each step he took was a leap of faith to him.

This is it. We'll just take Youngjae and leave.

Youngjae! Come back and we'll never lose you again!

Hyung looks so weak. These jerks are crazy.

I want to get out of here....hyung let's go we've missed you.

I can't believe this...

Daehyun started to reminisce his memories with his best friend. From the day they met to the day he last saw him. He smiled for the first time in a week, he did and he was happy.

'Bang' utter silence filled the abandoned subway.

Youngjae ,in his dying breath, looked at his friends eye to eye. They were all speechless. Yongguk knew that the foe wouldn't play by the rules. He got them to wear bulletproof armour but there was a crack to his bulletproof plan. And the enemies have found it.

Youngjae fell down. Not long after, a series of gunshots were exchanged from both sides. Daehyun courageously fired bullets in the middle of the battlefield. Tears streaming down his face.

This is for you, Yoo Youngjae

Somehow several bullets made their way to Daehyun's right shoulder and limbs, which is beyond what his armour could cover. He fell down to the floor. His face facing into the ground.

Gunshots after gunshots. One man down after another. 

Himchan was shot in the head, Junhong recieved several bullets in hs legs but the one in his neck had ended his fight, Jongup's armour couldn't possibly ressist all those million bullets he took. No one was left standing except for the boss who barely dragged himself towards the stairs. His troops were all dead but all he cares for is money. 

Daehyun lost all the courage he had left. Himcjan, Junhong, Jongup, Yongguk and Youngjae, all of them down before him. His most treasured friends, lifeless before his existance. And the man that he blamed for all this, the man he used to refer to as boss and the man 2 inches away from his half-loaded calibre is now a man whose life he's about to end. And nothing is stopping him.

One shot

Two shots

Three shots

Daehyun left all the mercy he has left behind. It is all over. He walked away, but he was not victorious. There's no victory in walking out a battlefield with a failed mission, and there's certainly no victory to losing more than what's at stake.

He walked inside the express train Yongguk told him about. He found a place to sit and rest for the next few hours.

The train came to a halt. It was 12:53 midnight, his whole body felt numb,his hands trembling uncontrollably, and his eyes filled with agony and pain. 

His vision got darker and darker. He's finally where he's supposed to be but somehow it all felt worthless. 

This is it. I can't walk any further. Not without you guys.

Suddenly he felt a sharp pain throughout his body. He lied down in the cold. Motionless. He felt like he didn't need to walk further, as if he is where he needed to be.

Give me your hand. Get up.

Huh...

What? The rest the guys are waiting for us. You came in pretty late. 

Unlike you?

Me? I was the first to get here.

 

 

FIN