Beginning

Figment of You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"What is that sound?" Seohyun rolled to the side of her bed with eyebrows frowning. It is four in the morning when she heard a sound deeper than a drop falling from the mouth of the faucet. The sound came from above and she can't help but to be worried about their water pipes, but calling for a maintenance at this ungodly hour is ridiculous.

The sound stop for a few seconds and the sound started again with a change of rhythm. It was a three continuous deep drop sound followed by a pause and another two drop sounds.

Curious, Seohyun pulled herself away from the bed. She walked in the hallways following the direction of sound. She takes the stairs to the attic where the sound is coming and she opened the door.

The sound stopped.

She peeped through the door expecting someone tinkering their windows but she found no one. She turned the lights on after entering the attic. It was a room that has served as their stock room. She even placed her grandmother's mirror that she loved the most from her grandmother's stuffs.

The sound started once again. It became a sound of a knock but it was not knock from a door it was loud yet different. She looked at the mirror and she saw a rippling movement of the mirror and all at once it formed an image--more like a reflection.

The mirror reflected a girl who is exactly like her but with a couple of differences. The girl has a red hair with big curls. The girl has eyeliner that made her look fiercer and the way the reflection stared at her was mad. It's like she's having dysmenorrhea.

Seohyun take a step from the mirror, the red haired girl takes one step forward. She blinked a couple of times thinking that maybe it is a mist from her imagination but it wasn't. The girl stands in front of the mirror with her eyes trained on her. Who is she? Was her grandmother's mirror haunted?

Seohyun shifted her gaze away from the mirror when she heard a sound outside. She looked at the windows finding nothing but only the dim streets. She looked back at the mirror only to find a mirror without a reflection.

Her mind is working on a thousand things of different scenarios and every passing second it becomes weirder and weirder. She shook her head, deciding that it is better to leave the attic maybe she's having a so-called lucid dream or whatever dream is it.

She was about to leave when the mirror started rippling again. Is her grandmother's mirror cursed? She doesn't think so. It was the mirror her grandmother she received from her mother that has been passed through generations of Seo.

Like what happened for the first time, the mirror showed another reflection. It was not the red hair Seo Joohyun version.

It was not even hers.

It was from a guy. He is handsome, she thought as the guy reached for his pocket a small notebook and a pen.

The guy has sharp jaw which is his prominent feature. His hair is brush to his sides perfectly styled as if he was going to have some photoshoot. Seohyun stared at the guy who is looking intently at all as he was busy scribbling something. He has this deep eyes that could dig in her soul. It made her feel from his gaze, she even felt that he knows her name by looking at her. 

The guy stopped writing and he showed his writings to her. It was small and unreadable that she needs to take a step forward and squint her eyes. The guy remained in that position as Seohyun tried to decode the guy's message but she can't understand a single thing.

She looked back at the

Please log in to read the full chapter