Chapter Five

Figment of You and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Five

I am certainly sure that Yeri just saw someone who just looks like me. Nowadays, people can have surgery and have their face change into something they dream of or if they can’t afford surgery, they can be experts in make-up in which I am not particularly good at it.

Yoong was not around since yesterday. For a second, I thought that she moved out of the house without informing us but she called last night that she will be coming home tonight. Good thing that she called last night, I wake up early to prepare breakfast for her. I know that she is going to eat something not really healthy for breakfast.

Right now, I am on way to pediatric ward carrying the new hospital formulary files with a note from Mr. Nam that I would be discussing it from different nurse station in the hospital about the said formulary which would take my whole day outside the office.

Mr. Nam and Kim Taeyeon would be out for the whole day because of some business matter they needed to attend to and the new list of hospital supplies must be known all throughout the hospital immediately.

I should have worn doll shoes or something flat. I shouldn’t have chosen to wear heels today, I said in my mind as I turn around the corner. I stop for a second to fix the cork of my shoes. I should take a note that I should buy a new one or fix this thing immediately before anything bad happens to me.

 “Hajima!” I shouted a couple of feet away from the elevator that was about to close.

“Ah!” I shrieked as I arrived at the doors of the elevator, my hands automatically go upwards and the files that I was carrying fall down on the floor. Thank God that my other hand leaned on the elevator door that halted its work for a second but on the note that I was talking about earlier, I should really buy new shoes. I have almost lost my balance a moment ago because the cork was not in place again.

I didn’t spare any second to dwell on my shoes, I take a sit and I wince as I feel my ankle throbbed a little but I shrugged it off as I start picking all the folders. Good thing that the hospital formulary was kept secure in folders. I would hate this day if I was going to file one by one.

“Kamsahamnida.” I bowed at the guy who helped me in picking my stuffs and taking my files from him. I tucked the hair at the back of my ears. I let out a yelp as I lean against the elevator door when I take a step. I didn’t know that my sudden off-balance was that painful.

“Are you all right?” The guy who helped me in picking my things asked. I pulled a small smile at him as I used my other foot to take a step practically dragging the injured one. I shrieked once again as my free hand land on his arm regaining my balance.

“I think you need see a Doctor.” He said as the elevator close behind my back and he presses the ground floor.

“No.” I said, trying to flex my ankle but it hurts even if I move slightly. “I can manage to walk.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.” I said as the elevator door open. He showed the way out, waiting for me to move. I pulled a smile as I use other foot to take a step but before I could use my other foot, I looked at him. “I lied. I can’t walk.”

“Like I thought,” He said as he takes my files from me. “Put arm around my neck.” I followed his request. I place my arm on his shoulders as he placed his arm around my back and we take slow steps out of the elevator.

“Kamsahamnida.” I said as I let out a deep breath as the elevator close behind us. The guy who is helping me was about to take a step forward as I told him to stop for

Please log in to read the full chapter