Second

You Should Believe Me

Six years later

Jongin shake his head to make the sleepiness away, as usual, he is staring at the computer in front of him and wondering who is the thief that sneak in the seafood restaurant, my favorite restaurant ugh, in the middle of the day and almost burn down the building. Luckily the ahjumma who own the restaurant is safe, she only gets a scratch on her arm, but she quite shocked and still can’t talk to the police about what happened. The other restaurant visitors have some problem with their lungs because they are inhaling too much carbondioxide. In addition, the location of the restaurant is not far from the police station. So Jongin assume that the thief is very brave or he really needs money that bad.

 “Is money the biggest problem nowadays?“ Jongin talk to himself and sigh loudly while massaging his temple, frustrated. He always like this, can’t sleep when his mind still wondering around and alcohol isn’t a good idea for now.

“Officer Kim, you still here?” The voice boomed in an empty room. Jongin look around the room, only to find three officers sleep at their desk and that’s when he realized the clock’s hand is already show 11 p.m. His stomach also remind him, how hungry he is.

“Oh, Detective Wu” He stands up to give a slight bow. “Yes, this case is bugging me so it keeps me wide awake.”

“I like your spirit, but I want to remind you that we work in a group, so if you get stuck you can call somebody. After all, two heads are better than one. You should go home now and rest your brain” Detective Wu walk pass him and utter a ‘good night you have worked hard’ for all the people in the room.

“He is right, I need to eat first, the convenience store is the only thing that open at this hour.” Jongin close all windows and shut down the computer. He straight his back bone by stretching after that he grabs his jacket and head down to the convenience store near the police station.

Then suddenly he remembered the boy from cashier is the ahjumma only son. Ahjumma's son never showed up in the hospital or near crime scene, his mind tell him that something is fishy. He quickened his pace and find the boy behind the cashier isn’t the same boy anymore.

 

____________________________

 

“Welcome to the shop, sir.” The boy says not so excited. Jongin stare at him for a good minute before searching for ramen and a bottle of mineral water. He pours hot water to the ramen at the same time when he asks the boy about Ahjumma-cashier-son  “Are you new here?”. The boy is so absent minded that Jongin must raise his voice and call for him again “Yah! I’m talking to you. How rude you are”. Jongin bring his cup of ramen to a bar next to cashier and sit down on the chair.

“You new here?” Jongin eye the boy. “Yes, my shift just starting tonight. Actually, I’m not that poor. Just my friend need my help to fill the empty seat. Aish that bastard, after he had some money, why can’t he treat me to a fancy club?” Now the boy gives his annoyed face.

“What do you mean? He had some money? You are friends with the previous cashier boy?”

The boy suddenly cupped his mouth and his eyes bulged out. “No, sir, don’t mind the thing I say tonight”

“Where is he now? Ahjumma son who owned a seafood restaurant? Where is he now?” Jongin nearly jump into the cashier table, but he tries to be calm, after all this person in front of him just a boy with a simple-minded brain. He read the boy name in his chest, Kim Nam Joon.

“Who are you? Are you a police?”  Nam Joon says, Jongin can hear the fear in his voice. “Don’t arrest me! I don’t even do anything wrong.”

“Only if you cooperate with me, now hurry call him and ask for his whereabouts”. Nam Joon hand is shaking when he fished out his phone and dial for a certain number.

After a few seconds, “Hello? Why? Why you call me again? I will give you the money later, can you just wait?” the voice from the phone is sounded angry, but Jongin gesture Nam Joon to ask him a question and pretend he is not there.

“Where are you now, Suga?” Nam Joon asks try to sound as normal as he is..

“In the airport. I’m going to Jeju in next 6 hours. Why?” Jongin ended the phone call, whispers a thank you-you are cool, left some money to pay his things, and run with hand on the phone calling for his group.

The ramen has been long forgotten.

“Kim Jongin here, I have an information about the seafood restaurant’s owner case.”

 

____________________________

 

At incheon airport, 5 a.m

“Have you seen him somewhere?” Detective Lee asks Jongin by phone. “Yes, Detective Lee. He is sitting at the back of the waiting room, wearing all black from head to the toe”. Jongin silently watching him from afar. The boy, Min Yoon Gi, is using a headphone and his head is nodding up and down, following the music. How tragic, he almost kills his mom and closed his family restaurant, but he seems like not affected by that fact,

“When we will catch him?”.

“Let’s grab his hand when he walks in the boarding area, then we bring him to a secluded place and handcuffed his hand. Don’t make any unimportant noise. You understand?”

“Yes, Detective Lee” Jongin ended the phone call  and wait for the time Yoon Gi stand up from his seat. “Not now, kiddo, after this you will spend some years in jail”. Jongin suddenly remembered his ramen last night, he groaned “You have to pay double for my ramen too”.

The time is up, Yoon Gi stands up from his seat, dust off his jacket and start to walk to the boarding area. Jongin then move, followed by another police as he is signaling the plan. The  police nodded, soon Officer Oh grabs Yoon Gi hand and whisper something in his ear. Yoon Gi stands still, not too long, because Jongin’s taking his hand and bring him to a corner. From the viewpoint of another passenger, it looks like a brother gets mad at his little brother because he going on a plane secretly without telling his parent first.

“Min Yoon Gi you have been arrested. More details to be informed in the police station. You may call for your lawyer to prove that you’re innocent” which is impossible things to do, Jongin say professionally.

Detective Lee puts a handcuffs and a jacket above his hand. Yoon Gi only can drop his head, feeling ashamed and guilty.

“You have done a great job, Officer Kim” Detective Lee gives him a thumbs up.

 

____________________________

 

At the police office

“Wow Detective Lee you have already finished the case about the seafood restaurant owner? It’s so fast” Detective Wu approach him.

“Yeah, thanks to Officer Kim or I should call him Detective Kim? He’s really good you know? I like him, he is so hardworking, I wonder who is the person he had been searching all this time. He must be clever that Officer Kim can't find him yet.”

"Yes you're right, he is compatible to be a Detective.........but wait, you heard about it too?”

“Yes, some of the females in the office try to get him into a relationship, but he said that he is waiting for someone. Is it all about true love?” Detective Lee laugh.

“I would like to work in a group with him.” Detective Wu goes to his desk, still working hard because his case is far from done.

 

____________________________

 

Another place in Seoul, at the same time.

"Kyungsoo..! Finally we're back to Korea!" Chanyeol shouted loudly.

"Yeah" Kyungsoo say not too loud.

"C'mon let's unpack and go to sleep" Chanyeol bring their suitcases in then bring some clean t-shirt and quickly go to the bathroom. "Want to change together with me?" He says from the gap of bathroom door.

"No, you can change first, Yeol"

 

Somehow, Seoul isn't a happy place for Kyungsoo anymore.

 

 

 

_______________________

Another updates! Officer Kim for you! Sorry for the mistakes!

Enjoy~♥♥