Ungrateful Human

Cat-astrophe • drabble collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Cat-astrophe[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

“You need to stop leaving dead bodies in my kitchen.” Chanyeol sighed, picking up a dead pigeon from the table.

"Hey, but it's a pigeon. Do you have any idea how hard is it to catch a pigeon?" Baekhyun whined, his brown tail swaying in annoyance behind him as he stood up from his chair. He snatched the dead bird from Chanyeol's hands and walked away out of the kitchen.

Chanyeol shook his head and shouted after Baekhyun, "Thank you for your gift, Baek, but it's not needed. I have enough food for both of us."

The catboy didn't turn around, just twisting one ear back to Chanyeol to catch on his words. The older heard him mumbling, "Ungrateful human" and added something along the lines how he never met a more rude person than Chanyeol for his 18 years of life. There was something more but Chanyeol didn't want to find out.

Baekhyun slammed the front door shut. 

 

Having a catboy turned out to be more exhausting than Chanyeol ever thought it could be.

'It can't be complicated, right?' Chanyeol remembered asking when his friends tried to talk him out of it. However, even though he had to clean up few left-behind feathers or other animals or their parts, and to listen to the grumpy complaints how Baekhyun could find a better human from time to time (read almost daily), Chanyeol still loved Baekhyun, even though he was demanding.

Yes, the catboy was too whiny about insignificant things, yes, he was being too picky about his food, and yes, he was sometimes overreacting when he didn't get a response he liked, but he loved Chanyeol very, very much.

He always liked to cuddle with his human. He listened to Chanyeol's rambles in the middle of the night while Baekhyun curled on his chest, listening to the pleasing beat of his heart. Playing with Chanyeol' black hair was something he liked to do in the morning; catching all those wild locks and fixing them on their place while peppering Chanyeol's sleepy face with kisses was something that brightened their days.

The catboy never complained about cleaning and helping around the house, because he was grateful that he had a right to share the same living space like his human. Baekhyun loved how he could call Chanyeol by his name, because the human found it weird and shameful for Baekhyun to call him 'owner' or 'master'.

Baekhyun loved how Chanyeol treated him as equal, even though he didn't have to, because the catboy would be nothing without his human.

Baekhyun loved Chanyeol and Chanyeol loved Baekhyun. They sometimes showed it in a very weird way, sometimes they would bicker, but they would always found compromises. They functioned well together.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter