003. Wendy Darling

BTS Interplay pt. 2: To Let You Unfold My Story
...Everything scatters
...Everything falls
I let your singing voice hit my eardrums as I keep staring at these pictures. The pictures of you and I. The forever-young version of us. The you who dreamed of singing on the world's brightest stage, and the me who dreamed to be the only bright light in your world. You got your fame, but all I knew was your name.
...Because of you, I’m broken like this
...Can you stop? I don’t have you anymore
...I can't do it, seems annoying
...Please stop making excuses
Neverland is for souls who lost their lives and beating hearts, I believe. Too bad you were Peter Pan but I could never be your little fairy. I was your Wendy Darling. I still am your Wendy, darling. Peter Pan and Wendy were destined to love, but not to last together.
...Please just go away
...I'm sorry
...I love you
...I forgive you
I hate it, as much as I love you, that I'm still Wendy and your Tinker Bell is actually prettier than me. I mean, she was. And now you're dead.
...I need you
...Why am I in love and saying goodbye alone?
...I need you
...Why do I need you even when I know I'll be hurt?
I sink under my blanket and cry myself to sleep. You were never meant to be with me. Why am I Wendy? Yes, I always act like the big girl I am and you're always the jumpy kid who tags along. I'm not a thumb-sized fairy.
I remember you said, "Thank you for being my Wendy. I'll Play Peter Pan but this is just between the two of us, okay?"
I don't wanna grow up. Adulthood . I wanna last forever with you.
...Why don't you listen to me?
...I'm talking to myself again
...I'm talking to myself again
Why wasn't I there to see you for the last time? Why didn't I kiss you when I could? Why didn't I tell you how much I loved you when I had the chance to? I know the Tinker Bell you loved and died with yet there's nothing I can blame on ber.
I weren't Tinker Bell, but I wish I had the magical fairy dust to make you fly so you could escape Death's hook. Why did you go to Neverland without your Wendy?
Next thing I know is I'm driving off to nothingness. It's dull, grey, and empty. The silence is deafening. No one knows, nothing's left, like always.
...Why does it have to be you for me?
...Why must it be you?
...Why can't I leave you?
that crap. You broke your promise. You ing killed yourself.
It's been a year yet I still cry in my dreams. The pain never leaves.
...Tell me it wasn't love
*A/N: This is actually rewritten from my first AFF story I Wish I Had the Fairy Dust. Not that I was too lazy to write something new, but that oneshot has a special space in my heart. And since BTS' I Need U gives me so much feel (+Jungkook's voice).... here it goes.