Behind The Mask

Kwon Sohyun One Shot Requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by:  Farah_skkr

 

(Kim’s Café 10:00am)

“Sohyun!  Hottie alert!” Krystal whispered nudging my arm.

I looked up and sure enough there was a mighty fine good-looking guy walking towards us with a smile on his face.  Good lord, what is he doing here?  I quickly took a few steps back and hid behind Krystal so I wouldn’t have to communicate him.  The reason for that was because I didn't want him to recognize me.     

“Hello!  Welcome to Kim’s Café!  How can I help you?” Krystal happily greeted batting her long pretty eyelashes at him.

“One small minty hot chocolate please,” J-Hope replied taking his wallet out.

“No problem,” Krystal said ringing up his order.  “Your total is $3.49.”

He handed her a five dollar bill and before she took his money, she turned around and asked, “Sohyun, can you get his order ready for him please?”

“S-Sure,” I stuttered.  I could feel his eyes following me which made me feel slightly uncomfortable.

“So, what’s your name?” Krystal asked in a girly voice; obviously flirting with him.

“Jung Hoseok,” he replied.  “But I rather be called J-Hope.”

“J-Hope?  Why?” Krystal asked looking confused.

“That’s my underground nickname.”

Her eyes widen, “Underground nickname?  Are you a rapper?”

Before he could answer her, I came back with his order not looking at him, “Here is your order sir.”

“Thank you,” he said purposely brushing his hand against mine.

I felt a spark of electricity from his touch causing me shriek a little.  Oh my!  

He chuckled at my reaction, “You’re really cute.”

“Thanks,” I mumbled still not looking at him.

“So, are you an underground rapper?” Krystal asked again; clearly annoyed that he never answered her question.

“No.  I’m an underground dancer,” he replied as his eyes remained on me.  He leaned his body over the counter and suddenly grabbed my left wrist pulling me closer to him, “Have we met before?”

“N-No,” I stuttered.

“Look at me then,” he said, well more like a demand.

I let out a small sigh and looked him in the eyes as he gasped, “No way.”

I yanked my wrist away from his grip and quickly hid behind Krystal as if he was some kind of .

“What’s wrong Sohyun?” she asked looking worried.  “Do you know him?”

“No,” I lied.

He scoffed , “I see how it is.”  With that, he walked out of the café without taking his minty hot chocolate with him.

“YAH!  You forgot your order!” Krystal hollered as the door slammed shut.  She picked up his order and chased after him.

I shook my head in disbelief.  Seriously?  Out of all the places, I had to run into him here? 

(Abandoned Factory 10:00pm)

“Name?” the bouncer asked before letting me in.

“Kwon Sohyun,” I spoke through my mask.

“Remove your mask.  I need confirm your face,” the bouncer said.

I lift my mask up and showed him my pretty face, “That better?”

The bouncer smiled and pinched my left cheek, “Yes.  Good luck.  I hope you win tonight.”

“Thanks,” I said putting my mask down.

There were colorful laser beams flashing throughout the entire building as people dance on the dance floor waving their glow sticks around.  The DJ suddenly changed the music to hip hop as I danced my way to the dance floor.  I started popping and locking to the beat not caring about all the whispers and stares that I was getting.

“She’s here again,” someone shouted.

“I bet you anything she’s going to win the dance competition tonight,” another person cried.

“Yeah right!  J-Hope is in the house tonight.  I highly doubt she’ll beat him,” someone chimed in.

I ignored their comments as I continued dancing by myself.  After a couple of minutes I heard a couple of girls shrieking with excitement and pointed their fingers behind me.  I suddenly felt a presence behind me and shouted, “You’re finally here!”  I turned my body around and sure enough, that presence was no other than J-Hope.

“Are you here to compete with me AGAIN?” he cried closing the distance between us.

I shook my head yes without verbally answering him.  I glided my feet backwards from him because I didn’t want him too close to me.

“You’ve got some nice moves!  But it’s not good enough to beat me tonight!  You’ll never beat me!” he cockily shouted with a smirk on his face.

That’s true.  I’ll never beat you when it comes to dancing, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to give up I wanted to say, but I decided not to reply back because he wasn’t worth my breath.  Like usual, I bowed my head at him and glided my feet somewhere else.

“Yah!  Where are you going?” J-Hope shouted as he quickly blocked me from trying to escape from him.  “I wanna dance with you.”

I shook my head no and turned my body around.

“Are you freaking serious?  You don’t want to dance with me?” he screamed through the loud music.

I continued to ignore him and danced my way off the dance floor.  Damn, let me dance boy.  I’m not here to flirt with you.

“Let’s dance pretty boy,” a random pretty girl insisted grabbing his arm.

“No, dance with me,” another pretty girl said grabbing his other arm.

“Not now,” he shouted yanking his arms away from the girls.

I quicken my pace as I heard his footsteps getting closer to me.

“Yah!” he yelled grabbing my left arm yanking me around to face him.

I scoffed through my mask.  How dare he touches me!  I stomped on his right foot really hard causing him to yelp in pain, “AHHHH!”  He let go of me and started hobbling around like a mad man.  I couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

He threw a dirty look at me, “You think that is funny?”

I nodded my head yes gave him the ‘peace’ sign (indicating that I will see him later).

“Aish!” J-Hope mumbled ruffling his hair in frustration.

“Oh snap!  The almighty and cocky J-Hope just got rejected!” a few people around him whispered.  He glared at them causing them to shut up right away.

“Yo!  There you are!  We’ve been looking all over for you!” his friends cried pulling his arm.  “The dance battle is going to start in a half hour.  We gotta go warm up!”  Instead of following his friends to their usual VIP dance room where no one could bother them, he walked towards the bar where the mysterious girl was sitting and pulled a chair next to her.  She didn’t acknowledge his existence and it irked the hell out of him.  She has to be the girl from the café this morning.  I just know it!    

I didn’t bother acknowledging his existence because of his strong Hugo cologne.  Truthfully, I loved his cologne.  It made him look maniler than ever and it was hard for me not to jump on his lap and sunggle up against his broad chest.

“What’s your name?” J-Hope shouted purposely leaning in closer to me.

I leaned further away from him and finally looked at him and waved my finger at him gesturing a no-no.

“Well, since you’re playing hard to get, let me introduce myself to you.  My name is Jung Ho Seok but I’d rather be called J-Hope,” he said reaching his hand out for a handshake.

Instead of shaking his hand, I bowed my head and started doing sign language with my hands.

He cocked his head to the side, “Are you deaf?”

I shook my head no and laughed.

“Yah!  Why are you playing with me?!” he cried.  “I want to be friends with you!  Just talk to me already!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter