oo7

I hate that you're happy (NCT Ten Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

oo7

 

Sanna Nielsen - UNDO (Please play kkk)

 

 

Everything happened so fast that nobody expected things to happen. 

 

Both Ten and Jinsil flew separately; the woman to the side of the road where she originally came from while the guy was thrown further to the road.

 

--

 

Jaehyun was busy looking through the reports he needed to present for the meeting that day when his phone rang.

 

His eyes instantly widen at the sight of his girlfriend's name flashing through the screen. 
She didn't contacted him since earlier so he was surprised to see her calling him now. Nevertheless, he was sure elated to be called by her. 

 

If only the heavy pressing in his chest associated with the feeling of nervousness would go away.

 

He gulped audibly. 

 

She's fine, right?

 

-- 

 

From the other side of the town however, Winwin checked his phone for the umpteenth time that day since Ten informed the team he had to meet someone quickly. 

 

Their break would end in a few minutes and Ten was in charge in teaching the second half of the choreography.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, the Chinese guy excused his self to finally ring his friend's phone and give him a piece of his .

 

Walking through the hallway that leads to the elevator going down, Winwin wasted no time contacting his friend with an annoyed frown on his face. 

 

There was a few rings before the other bed picked up and he was quick to lecture the older but stopped midway sensing something weird.

 

Soon enough, his steps transitioned from slow to brisk ones until he finally dashed towards the elevator, his heart pounding in his chest. 

 

"Where are you?" He exclaimed. 

 

--

 

Winwin pushed through the doors of the emergency room with a panic filled expression on his face, he was looking from left to right, looking for that familiar face amongst the crowd. 

 

His fast strides slowed down upon becoming successful in doing so. However, the anger he felt for this person was immeasurable he wasn't sure he was ready to see her. 

 

Because sitting on the far end of the hall just outside the operating room was Gong Jinsil, with her new boyfriend by her side, tending to her bruises. 

 

She had called him earlier saying that Ten was rushed to the hospital because of her. 

 

And now what? She was acting all lovey dicey with the guy she cheated with on his friend. 

 

That moment, he wanted nothing more but to walk out on her but he needed answers so he willed his self to swallow his pride and walk towards her. 

 

All he wanted was to ask her calmly, and maybe demand for explanations as to how they ended up in a hospital, but after witnessing the new guy tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, Winwin found himself dashing towards her, yanking her by the collar upon reaching her place, catching the two off guard. 

 

"What happened?" He gritted his teeth as he shoot daggers on her eyes, shoving her to the wall, resulting to her coughing due to the impact inflicted on her back. Instantly, her scratch-filled hands reached up for his wrist, gripping weakly.

 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, stood up in alarm, interfering by pushing Winwin away from his girl, a glare so deceitful following suit. "What are you doing?"

 

Winwin knew he went too far so he let the other guy push him away, glaring at the wheezing girl who was crouching down a little. 

 

It was only then that he realized how many bruises and scratches the woman had, if the rips and blood stains in her clothes are anything to go by.

 

"What did you do?" He ignores Jaehyun's words, instead spitting accusations on Jinsil's face. 

 

"What did you do?!" He snarked when she was taking too long in regaining her breath, not answering his question. She flinched at the intensity of his tone. 

 

"Hey," Jaehyun pulled the woman behind him to glare at the other and Winwin met his dangerous stare. 

 

"Don't you 'hey' me," he tipped his chin up. "Let the two of us talk—"

 

"No," The older firmly stated. "Didn't you see she was hurt too?—"

 

"But not as hurt as my friend." Winwin intervened. "Right?" Followed by a sarcastic scoff right after. "Because if she was," he huffed. "Or if he wasn't that hurt, he would be out here too right?" Jaehyun shut his mouth, eyeing the shorter with faltering stare.

 

"He might even be here laughing out loud with you even if you make a fool out of him, because that's what he is..." Winwin chuckled dryly. "A fool." He ended, finally looking down to the tiled floor, feeling the tears blinding him. 

 

Likewise, Jinsil looked down in guilt, tears falling after one another, her sniffles heard by the guy shielding her and it broke his heart into a million pieces. 

 

"I'm—" she was supposed to speak out the words of her regret just in time when the doctor went out of the surgery room, interrupting their moment. 

 

As expected, Winwin was the first one to recover from their sentiments and he was the first one to approach the doctor.

 

"H-how was my f-friend?" 

 

 

"He's fine. Just a few scratches and bruises from the fall. He also had a mild concussion on his head but none of it were serious..." 

 

"That's a relief..."

 

On the side, Gong Jinsil observed how Winwin seemed to deeply care for his friend, and a single thought made it's way in her mind. 

 

Maybe...

 

Just maybe...

 

It was right that she let him go. 

 

"But..." 

 

All heads turned to the doctor at the mention of the word that would contradict every God thing he mentioned earlier. 

 

And as the doctor revealed Ten's real condition, Gong Jinsil heard her world collapsing all at once, the sound of it breaking her heart in a million pieces. 

 

--

 

As she sat beside his hospital bed, Jinsil felt her hands trembling in anticipation and in fear of witnessing his reaction when he wakes up. 

 

Two hours ago, she talked (more like begged) Winwin to be the one to tell him everything. After all, it was her fault he ended up that way. 

 

Of course, Jaehyun was opposed to the idea too but she promised them that this will be her last rendezvous with him and knowing that she's as stubborn as a rebellious kid, he let her. 

 

Likewise, if this will be her last encounter with the fool called his friend, Winwin agreed to her condition. 

 

All the while she was inside the hospital room, Jinsil was busy fidgeting with her fingers that she didn't notice Ten shifting on the bed until he let out a pained groan. 

 

Instantly, her gaze lifted up to the guy on the bed, witnessing his brows scrunching up. She stood up immediately, wanting to tend to his needs. 

 

The same moment she reached the side of his bed, did Ten finally opened his eyes, the blinding lights prompting him to squint the pair. 

 

Nevertheless, it did nothing to hide her presence.

 

 

Flashes of the earlier happenings made its way inside his mind that Ten ended up sitting up in alarm albeit having difficulty, searching for her with his eyes. 

 

The instant he saw her standing a few inches away from him with a broken look on her face was enough to put him at ease, earning her a sigh of relief from the guy. 

 

But no. 

 

He will never be so happy to learn everything. 

 

"A-are you fine?" He asked first thing, eyeing her up and down, the few scratches and bandages on her face breaking him a little. "are you hurt somewhere?"

 

His concern over her well-being brought Jinsil to tears and she shook her head grievingly, the tears seemingly not going to stop any minute since earlier. 

 

"I-i-i'm so-sorry," she choked on her own words, her palms reaching up to cover her face in regret. "I-i-it's my fault..." She whispered.

 

Ten smiled lightly. "What for? It's not your fault, I'm fine." He mumbled and he reached out a hand for her to take. 

 

However, she refused with a light shake of her head. 

 

He motioned to move out of the bed and comfort her in his hug. He might be mad at her for cheating on him with another guy,but she is still Going Jinsil. 

 

The love of his life. 

 

The only woman who made him feel loved. 

 

All thoughts of approaching her, however got forgotten the moment he felt an intense weight on his right limb. 

 

No, actually, he can't feel any weight on his right limb at all. 

 

He might have been very focused on wanting to tend to her well-being that he didn't notice this before. 

 

His heart thumped wildly against his rib cage, his eyes directing to the lower half of his body, covered by the blanket until he heard Jinsil's crying intensified and his attention was directed to her. 

 

He studied her for a few seconds before he yanked the covers off his legs and true enough, his right leg was bandaged. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter