Chapter 5, Arc I “Deceiving Oneself”

Undying Snow (Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara was so disenterested she felt like escaping.

 

After waiting for so damn long, the little annoying fellow did not gave up and even talked to her Father and got a permission for the two of them to stroll into the nearest bustling night marketplace.

 

This damned Prince is so boring...Jeongjun mama's taste is really so horrible.

 

She hissed, felt a scalding thing on her neck but she shook it off. She's too pissed as she rubbed her neck unconsciously.

 

Dara just wanted to dig a hole and dump him there so he can have something to do aside from talking about the that he likes, the kind of birds that he liked, the foods, beverages...Does it look like she's interested? Huh? Huh? She rolled her eyes.

 

Oh for the love of ing god, I didn't sign up for this! If not for my weakened state then I'll probably just toss this rotten bastard away from me. 

 

Dara almost combust to flames from being reminded of her weakened state.

 

So damn unlucky!

 

I mean, Your Royal Highness Empress Sujin, what the hell is wrong with this taste of yours?

 

Goddamn.

 

Dara eyed the teenage boy beside her, acting like a respectable noble young master and rolled her eyes. 

 

Is this really inviting little Sujin out? More like him making this trip all about his entire autobiography.

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

Self-centered bastard.

 

Yes, Empress Sujin will care and will fawn on him, will praise him to the heavens, but Dara doesn’t give a ing care so nope! You ain't getting anything from me.

 

The ? I wasted my time here, instead of continuing to meditate to mend my weakened state, to absorb spiritual energy, probably the only positive thing about this whole farce is that this world has good amounts of Spiritual Energy, but this pretentious peacock just had to be here and drag her out only to paint himself like a Hero? 

 

Oh mother of ing heavens! I didn’t sign up for this boring stuff! If not for the action that will happen later on...

 

Ugh!

 

She already made the poor bloke stand up outside of the snow for a couple of hours already and he hasn’t given up yet and still waited. 

 

Damn, the thirst for the damn throne is too much huh? Empress Sujin, Your Highness, You're really smart the only problem is that...you were just one track minded, too blindingly in love with this rotten prick that you can't see the warning signs clearly.

 

He doesn't love you, because if he did, you wouldn't be in a predicament of almost doing and giving every ounce of yourself in that messed up relationship. You lost yourself in the process of loving him too much, giving him too much, doing everything for him too much...Leaving you with nothing, not even an ounce of yourself until your death.

 

That year, the bright and innocent smile of the young Sujin cannot be seen anymore. 

 

You were just his trophy wife, a possession that any woman with a powerful backing like a General of a Father can easily have. 

 

Your Highness, Why did you reduce yourself to that extent?

 

If only you fell for that Vice General instead...what could've been your outcome?

 

Sadness and remorse once again visited Dara's heart as she look up at the snowing night sky.

 

She praised the castor again, opening her palm and catching a snowflake and watched it melt.

 

She chuckled, "This castor is indeed skilled" she murmured and look ahead of her.

 

Every detail, from big to small, is too life-like.

 

And those lanterns, those miniature clay figurines! And those foods! 

 

And then she looked at her boring companion and sigh again.

 

Looks are not that bad, like a porcelain doll, but Dara wondered why that soldier that she came across with... looks even more handsome and refined?

 

The way he walked, the way he talked...everything is too attractive. He gave off a cold vibe, like a lake frozen for centuries, but the way he greeted me...those dull eyes, rippling with some unknown emotion.

 

Almost as if he already know me.

 

Well of course he knows me! I'm the General's daughter anyway!

 

I laughed at myself. 

 

I look at the loser beside me and cursed.

 

Damn, I’m not wasting my time on this one.

 

She then sneaked out and left him.

 

Well, it’s not like that illusion will figure it out.

 

It’s just an illusion anyway.

 

Let’s have some sight-seeing instead! 

 

She used her qinggong to leap from the ground gracefully, her light pink skirt fluttering like a butterfly with the wind as she set foot into the tiled roof of a two story tea house and the view up took her breath away! 

 

"It’s too beautiful!" She gasps as her eyes, illuminated with every bright lights that this night market can offer, like stars on a starry night sky, just that this one has different colors!

 

She giggled on that though

Please log in to read the full chapter