Chapter 6, Arc I "Dug a Deep Grave"

Undying Snow (Under Editing)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A few days after that robbery scene passes by like a blur.

 

She was wandering in her courtyard with her hands behind her back, her posture resembling like an old grandma but with a youthful face. She had on a wide sleeved light blue flowy dress that keeps fluttering everytime she moves. Her hair was loosely tied back by a simple wooden branch of a plum blossom as her hairpin. Her overall person relaxed, looking as if she's just strolling around where in fact she's in a detective conan mode.

 

She's been racking her brain for ideas on how to identify the array's eye these past few days, because even the smallest objects can become it's eyes. She can't just indiscriminately use her spiritual energy because the spiritual energy that flows within this array has only one flow, and if she uses hers, which is another source flow of spiritual energy, then might as well hand herself on a silver platter.

 

At this point she's thankful that the courtyard her father had bought is not spacious and complex, just enough for a small family to dwell in and just enough for her to explore. 

 

Time and the events inside this array might be fast but for an unrestrained person like her who detest being contained, it’s far too damn long already she's already turning into a fossil.

 

Her patience is wearing thin, and her restlessness is rearing its head. She finds confined spaces to be very uncomfortable and makes her skin crawl. It makes her feel as though she's back in a prison...cell. She shut her eyes tightly and forced that uncomfortable sick feeling at the back of her mind. She did her breathing exercises for a while before continuing her 'stroll' 

 

She had already regulated her spiritual energy, and she thinks her body is stable enough now, unlike when she just got here. 

 

Remembering about the roller coaster thing that happened made her pissed again, but since people are already trapped and by a strong resentment to ancient times already, she can’t keep on crying over spilled milk. 

 

She sighed as if all the world's problems were hers.

 

 “I needed to find the damned eye of this stress inducing Array, or else I’ll be married off to that punch-inducing Prince” she lamented on the incoming crisis as she walked to and fro " this life" She cursed.

 

 

She may be curious about Empress Sujin's personal matters, but it doesn't mean she intended to remain in this unlucky Array that brings her nothing but bad luck! It is not her intention to live here for the rest of her life! For heaven's sake, she had to settle a grudge on behalf of her highness that especially included her beautiful neck, beautiful wrists, beautiful calves and beautiful knees!

 

 

She unconsciously touched her neck where thin strip of black 'choker' rested, encrusted with ancient cursive writings of the curse a.k.a the resentment that trapped her into this goddamn who knows where, wrapped with a bandage to hide it cause it doesn’t look aesthetic at all. 


 

She looked like a prisoner…

 

Her gaze suddenly grew a little deeper as she recalled a pitch-black jail cell. Her hold on to the bandaged part of her neck unconsciously tightened. That dark part of her life is...


 

Already over and done...

 

It's over, It's over


 

She already escaped, she's already safe.



 

She swallowed the lump on and calmed herself. 


 

When she looked up, gone was the dark look she had moments ago. 

 

She needed to undo the curse and settle Empress Sujin’s resentments if she wanted to keep her precious neck, wrists, knees and calves intact with her body. 

 

She shuddered at the thought of being beheaded. 

 

Damn, I’ll become a ferocious ghost if they don’t attach my head back carefully! 

 

  

 

Empress Sujin, really, had that military cunningness like her General of a Father. She’s dead and all but she still managed to throw her weight around, not letting people rest in peace. 


 

So, Whether I like it or not I have no choice but to settle her curse or else this ancestor will die miserably without a neck, wrists, knees and calves! 



 

Hell, really, hath no fury like a woman scorned!


 

I really want to cry injustice but I got no one here.


 

“I miss my uncle” I uttered with a frown. Times like this, I really want to see the familiar face of that person. 


 

I sigh as I pick a stick and draw circles on to the snow, lamenting about my ill-fate. But this is better than being trapped into that prison though. My hands slowed but I shook my head to rid of those thoughts.

  

 

It’s really wrong for Donghae and that little sister to have awoken the rage within the pure-hearted Empress, they had really kicked the unsuspecting mud, not knowing that there’s a giant rock hiding there. Thus, shooting themselves in their own foot. 


 

Even in death, she didn’t spare them at all! And I can never be more proud of that decision even though i'm suffering in her stead, damn it. Well, beggars can't be choosers. They dug their own grave willingly and who am I, as the chosen executioner; the one to make their lives miserable on behalf of Her Highness, to ever refuse that? I might have been unlucky to be able to attract that powerful resentment that transcends different worlds, but I can alteast vent my frustration to those greedy couple match made in Hell. 

 

I’m not that kind, but I do know how to be a little grateful enough to know that it was also that resentment who had saved a breath of life that was left of me on that night. 


 

“I’m grateful, but...! I don’t want to be trapped here! I’m not doing that goddamn ceremony even if this is just an illusion! This ancestor will never be forced to go through a union with a disgusting person! I’ve met a lot of good looking people that became one of my Harem, but this person just doesn’t qualify no matter what” She sighs in distress in her courtyard that was surrounded with Plum Blossoms. But she knows, if she cannot find the eye of the array here, then she will have to re-enact the wedding scene with that disgusting and punch inducing Prince.

 

 

Her heart bled thinking of the Harem that she unwillingly left behind and laboriously selected and nurtured with blood, sweat, and tears. There won't be any more harem members to give her grapes to eat or to wash her feet—there will be none at all!


 

"My babies…" 


 

She shook her head and concentrated on the current matter at hand first. 


 

She knew what was coming when the past events that lead to this goddamn royal marriage are coming! For hell’s sake! It was recorded in history! Although there's some parts that needed a multiple choice, overall, she's doing pretty good at it.


 

And then she suddenly thought of the part when Sujin begged persuaded her General father for this trashy marriage. She had an impulse of dragging Sujin's soul here and beating her up for being stupid.


 

Father General was unwilling

Please log in to read the full chapter