Chapter 11

A bittersweet feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Are you ready unnie? Moonbyul unnie texted me that they'll be here in five minutes" Seungwan said as she entered Joohyun's room.

 

Today was the day that they were going camping.

 

Instead of meeting somewhere with their things, Seulgi told them to just wait at Joohyun's house because they'll just fetch them there. 

 

They both agreed since it's more convenient for them that way.

 

"I'm almost done" Joohyun's voice came from the bathroom.

 

"Okay." Seungwan said before sitting down on Joohyun's bed. She took Joohyun's plushie and played with it.

 

"Do I look weird?" Joohyun asked as she came out of the bathroom.

 

"Hm?" Seungwan looked up. hang wide open when she saw Joohyun shyly walked closer to her.

 

"I look weird don't I?" Joohyun frowned while looking down at her dress.

 

It was a red sundress with flower pattern design on it.

 

It wasn't her usual style, but it was a gift from 'someone', who demanded for her to wear it on their camping trip, as a consequence for losing in their game at the arcade, so she had to use it. 

 

Joohyun frowned even more when that 'someone' crossed her mind.

 

'I shouldn't have played against that video game add!ct' She thought bitterly. 

 

Seungwan shook her head and cleared . "No! No! It's not weird unnie" She stood up and grabbed Joohyun's shoulder. "Unnie look at me" 

 

Joohyun shyly looked up.

 

"You're pretty, unnie" Seungwan said with a smile. "Really pretty" 

 

"Thank you" Joohyun smiled widely.

 

They stared at each other for awhile before the ringing of the doorbell broke their staring contest.

 

Seungwan coughed awkwardly. "T-That must be them. I- uh...I'll go down first to greet them"

 

Joohyun nodded awkwardly. "I-I'm just going to finish getting ready" 

 

Seungwan hummed before quickly leaving the room.

 

Once Seungwan was out of the room, Joohyun sighed in relief and sat down on the bed. "Was I- was I dreaming or was she staring at my l-lips?" She mumbled while touching her lips.

 

"Hi!" 

 

Joohyun quickly looked up when she heard the voice.

 

"Seulgi!" She smiled and then stood up to go and hug the younger girl.

 

Seulgi froze for a few seconds before returning the hug. "I didn't know that you're this happy to see me. Maybe I should visit you more often?" She chuckled.

 

Joohyun just giggled and then broke the hug. "I'm wearing your gift. See?" She said before twirling around to show the dress.

 

Seulgi was a bit confused as to why the older girl was so happy with her gift now, when Joohyun was spitting fire at her before, for demanding her to wear it, but decided to just brush it off. Maybe Joohyun really do like it.

 

"Red really suits you, unnie. You look gorgeous in it" Seulgi said sincerely.

 

"Thanks" Joohyun smiled.

 

"Am I interrupting something?" 

 

They both turned to the voice and saw Moonbyul looking at them from the door with a cheeky grin.

 

Seulgi sighed tiredly. "I know what you're thinking and no we didn't" She answered Moonbyul's unasked questions.

 

Joohyun was confused. "What is it?" 

 

Seulgi turned to Joohyun and smiled. "Nothing unnie. Um.. are you ready now? Or are you still going to-"

 

"I'm almost done. I'll just brush my hair. You two can get something to eat from the fridge if you want. I'll be done in a minute" Joohyun said before going to the bathroom to finish getting ready.

 

"Okay." Seulgi looked around. "Where are your things unnie? I'll bring it to the truck" She asked when she didn't see any backpacks lying around the room.

 

"My suitcases are already downstairs behind the couch. I placed them there last night." Joohyun's voice came out from the bathroom.

 

Seulgi raised her brows. "Suitcases? Just how many clothes did you exactly bring unnie? We're just going to stay there for three days and two nights" 

 

Joohyun walked out of the bathroom with crossed her arms. "I just like to be ready, okay? What if we get stranded and needed to stay there longer than we have to? And it's not just clothes that I packed. I also packed a first aid kit, foods and other items that I thought we might need later." She said defensively.

 

 Seulgi frowned. "But-" 

 

"Okay, you two stop arguing already." Moonbyul interrupted the two. "We have three hours worth of driving, so if we want to have lunch at the campsite, we have to go now" She said before grabbing Seulgi's shoulder and pushing her out of the room.

 

Seulgi protested. "Wait. I-" 

 

"She's right. We might need those things that she packed later" Moonbyul quickly whispered.

 

Seulgi gave up. She decided to just shut up and go downstairs quietly.

 

She looked around the house and realized that Seungwan and Sooyoung were nowhere to be found.

 

"Where's Sooyoung and Seungwan?" Moonbyul asked when she noticed that the two were missing.

 

"Is that the last one?" Seulgi heard Sooyoung's voice from outside the house.

 

"Yep" They heard Seungwan answered.

 

"There's your answer" Seulgi said to Moonbyul while pointing to where the voice were coming from.

 

"What are they doing?" Moonbyul asked as they both walked outside.

 

They saw Seungwan and Sooyoung rearranging their luggages at the back of the truck, to fit Seungwan and Joohyun's luggages too.

 

"Done!" Seungwan said before wiping her sweat with her hankerchief.

 

"You two should have called us. We could have helped you guys" Moonbyul said while walking towards the back of the truck and tying the ropes, that held their gears together, tighter. Making sure that everything was secured.

 

"It's fine, unnie. It wasn't really that hard anyway" Sooyoung said before going to the passenger's side and taking out a bottle of water. "Seungwan unnie! Here, drink this. It's sealed. Don't worry" 

 

Seungwan took the bottle and smiled. "Thanks"

 

She opened it and then held it up a few inches away from her lips before tilting it a bit, to let the water flow into . She swallowed the water before offering the bottle to Sooyoung. "You want some? Don't worry. My lips didn't touch it" 

 

"I wouldn't have minded" Sooyoung winked before taking the offered bottle and drinking from it.

 

"Since when did you two become close?" Moonbyul asked suspiciously.

 

"Not telling" Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at Moonbyul.

 

Seungwan just laughed and continued wiping her sweat.

 

Seulgi quickly looked at her side when she felt a grip on her arm. She saw Joohyun's pursed lips and knew she had to do something.

 

"Joohyun unnie, are you ready to go? Did you have everything already?" Seulgi asked Joohyun a bit too loud to catch Seungwan's attention before placing a comforting hand on top of Joohyun's hand, that was gripping on her arm. "Are you okay?" She whispered.

 

Joohyun looked at Seulgi and smiled. "Yeah"

 

Seungwan looked at Seulgi and Joohyun with an unreadable expression.

 

"Camping might be a bad idea." Moonbyul whispered to herself as she observed her three friends.

 

'This is really interesting' Sooyoung thought with a smile.

 

 

---------

 

"Tell me the truth, Seul. Did you confess to Joohyun at the mall? Or did you tell her that you'll help her make Seungwan jealous?" Moonbyul asked Seulgi directly as they gather up firewoods. 

 

It's been an hour now since they've arrived at the campsite. 

 

After they built their tent and arranged everything inside the tent. Moonbyul asked Seulgi to go with her to gather some woods for their bonfire later while the others prepared their lunch.

 

It was actually an excuse to corner Seulgi and asked her about her and Joohyun.

 

The two had been acting strange during the whole ride, being sweet and clingy to each other.

 

Since she was the designated driver for their trip, she saw the whole interactio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter