Sophie's Diary

Torn In Two Because Of You
Please log in to read the full chapter

1943

96 avenue Victor Hugo,Paris

France

Matteo

 

  I rummaged through the contents of the attic as quickly as I could and tried not to make a sound. I was in the most unlikely of places in the middle of the night,surrounded by dusty old trunks, furniture,old toys that lay lifelessly on the hardwood floors that creaked non-stop every time I walked. I looked up towards the exposed wooden beams,with airflow tubing that s around the entirety of the room.I breathed in the stale air and started coughing madly,waving my arms in front of my face to ward off the dust. I d in the darkness until I felt the trunk's cold metal hinge against my skin.Inside were a few more files, exactly like the ones I found in Leo's room the last time. Those familiar grey coloured ring files emblazoned with the red swastika that seemed to burn brightly like a flame. There was a telegram, among other old papers that caught my eye.

It was from the Vichy government.

 

Au famille DeGouge:

Deeply regret to inform you that your daughter Sofie Marie DeGouge has died on july 18,1942 as a result of an illness she contracted in the camp. Remains not recovered. our sympathies.

 

Sofie Marie DeGouge….

 July 18,1942….

…..illness……contracted in the camp….

our sympathy.

 

Renada's parents were dead,no?

But…

My head was spinning.

She had a sister?

Sister?

No way… 

 

I looked through the file,and found an old notebook.

I took it with me and crept back to my room.

 

February 5th,1935

Maman is at it again!Ever since she met Vladimir she's been going out in the middle of

Please log in to read the full chapter