Heart-to-Heart

Echoes of Affection
Please log in to read the full chapter

“For today the shift is over” 

 

As the clock struck the end of another grueling shift, Dahyun sprang from her seat with a jubilant energy that was infectious to all around her. With a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, she began to dance around the room, her movements a delightful blend of grace and hilarity.

Well... Patients often found cheer in her presence, drawn to the gentle reassurance of her smile and the infectious laughter that seemed to follow her wherever she went.


As Dahyun spun around the room for Red velvet song, she suddenly found herself interrupted by the familiar sound of footsteps approaching. Turning around with a playful twirl, she was met with the sight of Sana, leaning against the doorway with a grin on her face.

 

 


"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Sana's voice was laced with amusement as she watched Dahyun's impromptu dance performance. "Dahyun, I didn't know we hired a professional dancer."

 


Dahyun feigned offense, placing a hand dramatically over her heart. "Oh, please, Sana! You know my talents are limitless. Dancing is just one of the many skills in my repertoire."

 


Sana chuckled, shaking her head in mock disbelief. "I stand corrected, Doctor Kim. Clearly, we've been underestimating your potential all this time." 
Sana's chuckle tapered off into a warm smile as she settled onto the sofa, her gaze fixed on Dahyun with a glint of mischief in her eyes. Dahyun, ever perceptive to Sana's subtle cues, arched an eyebrow inquisitively.

 


"What?" Dahyun prompted, her lips curling into a playful grin.
Sana leaned forward, her expression teasing yet sincere. "I just can't help but wonder what other hidden talents you're keeping from us, Doctor Kim. You never cease to surprise me."
Dahyun chuckled softly, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Ah, but a magician never reveals her secrets, Dr. Minatozaki. You'll just have to wait and see."

 

 

 

Their playful banter brought final silence as Sana rested her head on Dahyun shoulder closing her eyes. Sana always felt comfort and lovable when Dahyun is by her side. These days, she was thinking a lot and Miyeon’s courting. It felt nice but Sana couldn’t find something that made her all dreamy and comfort. However, there was always one person which is currently massaging her hand. 

 


“Don’t be big baby, I need to go to home, Uju probably waiting” Dahyun calmly said watching at girl who literally sulking. 
 

 

“You could at least consider me as your baby” Sana dramatically voiced out lazily standing from the sofa. 


As Dahyun meticulously adjusted her coat and rechecked her hair in front of the mirror, Sana observed her movements from the other side of the office room. Sana had witnessed Dahyun's growth into a humble adult over time. Sometimes, she couldn't help but imagine how wonderful it would be to have a child with Dahyun. The reason for Sana's frequent visits to Dahyun's apartment varied. Sometimes it was for dinner together, enjoying the lively and dramatic reactions Dahyun had to Uju's comments and cute remarks. Other times, it was simply to sit with Dahyun, sipping tea and enjoying each other's company, or going camping which Dahyun loved. 

 

Despite the genuine reasons for her visits, Sana often found herself using the excuse that Dahyun's apartment was conveniently close whenever people questioned her frequent presence at Dahyun's place.

 

 


As Dahyun is busy to fold her scarf beautifully around her neck, Sana stepped in to adjust Dahyun's scarf, Dahyun felt her heart flutter at the close proximity. 

 

It always has. Since......

 

She always had her heart towards Sana. However, something st

Please log in to read the full chapter